Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
Member
 
Mccarty11740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Micro 25bdrs or 2509s slideout

Hello all.
First post here and have gotten a lot of great info from this forum. I'm thinking about purchasing the 25bdrs or the 2509s. Can anyone tell me how far the slideout goes? I want to be able to open it while in the side yard.

Thanks!
__________________

Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Grammar Pedant
 
67L48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 1,262
It will be a few months before I'll get mine out to measure, so I have to be theoretical about the calculation.

The dinette is listed as 48" x 84". The slideout is effectively as deep as the seating area of the dinette. So, budget ~4 feet for the slideout.



__________________

__________________
Every time you use an apostrophe to make a word plural, a puppy dies.

RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 PM   #3
Member
 
Mccarty11740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
It will be a few months before I'll get mine out to measure, so I have to be theoretical about the calculation.

The dinette is listed as 48" x 84". The slideout is effectively as deep as the seating area of the dinette. So, budget ~4 feet for the slideout.



Thanks for the response. Do you ever put your slideout partway?
__________________
2019 Rockwood 2509s
2015 Starcraft Ar-One 19BH-Sold
2005 Fleetwood Tent Trailer-Sold
Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccarty11740 View Post
Thanks for the response. Do you ever put your slideout partway?

You probably don't want to do that for any length of time because of structural concerns. And it won't be level, at any rate, until it's fully extended.
__________________
Mickey Richaud
Townsend TN

2019 Mini Lite 2509S
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4/Tow Pkg.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #5
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichaud View Post
You probably don't want to do that for any length of time because of structural concerns. And it won't be level, at any rate, until it's fully extended.
Agreed, don't leave it partway out for any length of time.

We have the 2104s with the U-Dinette and have measured it...definitely plan for a minimum of 48" clearance needed on that side.

It was a lesson learned while trying to set up in a very woodsy space - looked like we could clear the tree but nope. Had to re-connect and move. It was THEN that we measured so now we know and we keep a tape measure in the storage bin.

And HEY MICKEY! We are just back from a couple of weeks in Townsend Our favorite spot for the past 30 years. Great hiking, as always, and we enjoyed a nice dinner at the new Misty Morning Cafe. Next trip, shopping property to buy a cabin up there and I can't wait!!
__________________
HAPPIEST WHEN CAMPING!
2019 Rockwood 2104s ****
2017 Starcraft Satellite 16KS
2012 Jayco X23B Hybrid
2009 R-Vision C243S Hybrid
2006 Coleman Bayside PUP
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #6
Grammar Pedant
 
67L48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccarty11740 View Post
[...] Do you ever put your slideout partway?
No. There's no need to do that with a 2504S. I can easily walk to the rear of the trailer and access all of my drawers and interior storage with the slideout in the fully closed position.

2504S and 2509S are incredibly similar to one another with the two obvious differences being that the bunks are larger (and on the passenger side) and there is an outdoor kitchen in the 09S. There are several other less obvious differences. We looked at both extensively and the 04S was a much better fit:
  • The ability to easily get to the rear of the trailer in the 04S, as mentioned above.
  • Exterior storage is better with 04S. Not only do I not value the outdoor kitchen, it eats up a lot of would-be storage.
  • Bunk-bathroom tradeoff. The 09S's larger bunks aren't "free." The cost is a smaller bathroom. We liked the 04S bathroom a bit more and this was due to space -- for the 04S, you get a linen closet in the bathroom, which is invaluable to us for towels and other things.
  • We found that the wider bunks just aren't necessary. We're a pretty thin family and the kids have plenty of room in the 04S's bunks. It wasn't an efficient use of space.
    The way they cut the corners of the 09S bunks means we couldn't even go 2 across with younger kids.
  • 04S has the overhead storage over the sink and it's open on the 09S. We prefer storage to the open-air feeling of the 09S.
  • The pantry in the 04S is right next to the fridge in the kitchen. In the 09S, it's disconnected from the kitchen. We didn't like that.
This isn't meant to be a definitive list of why the 04S is better ... only the personal considerations that were important for me. For example, some people couldn't live without an outdoor kitchen. That's great. Just make sure that you spend some time shopping around different floorplans in person ... even go check out some other brands for reference.

Good luck.
__________________
Every time you use an apostrophe to make a word plural, a puppy dies.

RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #7
Member
 
Mccarty11740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
No. There's no need to do that with a 2504S. I can easily walk to the rear of the trailer and access all of my drawers and interior storage with the slideout in the fully closed position.

2504S and 2509S are incredibly similar to one another with the two obvious differences being that the bunks are larger (and on the passenger side) and there is an outdoor kitchen in the 09S. There are several other less obvious differences. We looked at both extensively and the 04S was a much better fit:
  • The ability to easily get to the rear of the trailer in the 04S, as mentioned above.
  • Exterior storage is better with 04S. Not only do I not value the outdoor kitchen, it eats up a lot of would-be storage.
  • Bunk-bathroom tradeoff. The 09S's larger bunks aren't "free." The cost is a smaller bathroom. We liked the 04S bathroom a bit more and this was due to space -- for the 04S, you get a linen closet in the bathroom, which is invaluable to us for towels and other things.
  • We found that the wider bunks just aren't necessary. We're a pretty thin family and the kids have plenty of room in the 04S's bunks. It wasn't an efficient use of space.
    The way they cut the corners of the 09S bunks means we couldn't even go 2 across with younger kids.
  • 04S has the overhead storage over the sink and it's open on the 09S. We prefer storage to the open-air feeling of the 09S.
  • The pantry in the 04S is right next to the fridge in the kitchen. In the 09S, it's disconnected from the kitchen. We didn't like that.
This isn't meant to be a definitive list of why the 04S is better ... only the personal considerations that were important for me. For example, some people couldn't live without an outdoor kitchen. That's great. Just make sure that you spend some time shopping around different floorplans in person ... even go check out some other brands for reference.

Good luck.
Wow. That is great information. I will definitely be look at 2504s as well. Thanks.
__________________
2019 Rockwood 2509s
2015 Starcraft Ar-One 19BH-Sold
2005 Fleetwood Tent Trailer-Sold
Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post

And HEY MICKEY! We are just back from a couple of weeks in Townsend Our favorite spot for the past 30 years. Great hiking, as always, and we enjoyed a nice dinner at the new Misty Morning Cafe. Next trip, shopping property to buy a cabin up there and I can't wait!!

COOL! Next time you're here, let us know. And if we can help with the search, happy to do so. LOVE to spend other people's money!
__________________
Mickey Richaud
Townsend TN

2019 Mini Lite 2509S
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4/Tow Pkg.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Highland, MI
Posts: 19
2507S

I have a 2507s, and I believe the basic construction is pretty close to the same thing. My slide moves 42in. So figure around 4 feet to be safe.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 321
I measure with the slide in shoulder against the camper with my other arm straight out if nothing touches the end of my fingers I am good.
__________________
Rockwood 2604WS
Ford F250 Diesel
Blue Ox Sway Pro
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:12 PM   #11
Member
 
Mccarty11740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Thank you all for the great info.
__________________
2019 Rockwood 2509s
2015 Starcraft Ar-One 19BH-Sold
2005 Fleetwood Tent Trailer-Sold
Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:46 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenb12 View Post
I measure with the slide in shoulder against the camper with my other arm straight out if nothing touches the end of my fingers I am good.
So... does that make you about 5'-6" with short arms like Jack Black or with a wingspan of Michael Jordan at 6'-11"???
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #13
Member
 
Mccarty11740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
It looks like I will be able to open it just enough to to pack up and go. I will have about 3' of extra space.
__________________

__________________
2019 Rockwood 2509s
2015 Starcraft Ar-One 19BH-Sold
2005 Fleetwood Tent Trailer-Sold
Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.


×