Old 07-27-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Micro 25BRDS

Afternoon,

We have recently purchased the Micro 25BRDS and love the space. Are there any others out there with this unit? If so, have you found a way to keep the bunkhouse ladder out of the way?

Thanks Tim

thudson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

I own one, but have not bothered with it. I saw in the forum one person added a couple wood blocks to hook it onto. Ladder is now vertical to not mess with door clearance. You can still lift off for storage.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudson67 View Post
Afternoon,

We have recently purchased the Micro 25BRDS and love the space. Are there any others out there with this unit? If so, have you found a way to keep the bunkhouse ladder out of the way?

Thanks Tim

Micro 25BRDS bunk bed ladder
Micro 25BRDS bunk bed ladder

Old 12-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudson67 View Post
Afternoon,

Thanks Tim
We have just recently, 3 months, got the same unit. Check your kitchen sink, ours fell out and we still have not got it fixed, I hope your dealer is better than ours, we also have other problems, window in the slide leaks in rainstorms and the oven will not work. Have not dealt with the ladder problem yet as it is just the 2 of us for now. We loved the trailer but not the warranty, have talked to other Forest River dealers and they will not work on it because we did not buy it from them. Forest River will not return phone calls or emails. Good luck with yours.
jimnkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
We have just recently, 3 months, got the same unit. Check your kitchen sink, ours fell out and we still have not got it fixed, I hope your dealer is better than ours, we also have other problems, window in the slide leaks in rainstorms and the oven will not work. Have not dealt with the ladder problem yet as it is just the 2 of us for now. We loved the trailer but not the warranty, have talked to other Forest River dealers and they will not work on it because we did not buy it from them. Forest River will not return phone calls or emails. Good luck with yours.
Ugh, so sorry to hear that. Surprise you have not received and email back from Forest River. Typically within 10 days. So sink fell eh....geesh that guy/gal was sleeping when installing that. Which window in the slide out is leaking? I have not fired on my oven yet, just the burners. Going to check that one now.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Ugh, so sorry to hear that. Surprise you have not received and email back from Forest River. Typically within 10 days. So sink fell eh....geesh that guy/gal was sleeping when installing that. Which window in the slide out is leaking? I have not fired on my oven yet, just the burners. Going to check that one now.
The sink I am finding out now is a common problem. The oven pilot light will light just fine, then we can turn the temp up to whatever temp we need and the stove lights up, but, when the temp is reached it shuts off, pilot light and all. The window that is leaking is the small one on the end of the slideout. I wish I could talk to someone at Forest River but no luck with phone or emails, my dealer said it took them over 2 weeks to get an answer about fixing it and their, the dealers, answer is that since I am not near the dealer, 800 miles away, the only way they will fix it is if I pay for someone to come out and fix it.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
The sink I am finding out now is a common problem. The oven pilot light will light just fine, then we can turn the temp up to whatever temp we need and the stove lights up, but, when the temp is reached it shuts off, pilot light and all. The window that is leaking is the small one on the end of the slideout. I wish I could talk to someone at Forest River but no luck with phone or emails, my dealer said it took them over 2 weeks to get an answer about fixing it and their, the dealers, answer is that since I am not near the dealer, 800 miles away, the only way they will fix it is if I pay for someone to come out and fix it.
Try these contacts:

Chuck Pederson at cpederson@forestriverinc.com

or

Call 574-642-2640 and they will direct you to a warranty rep.

Kelly Mosher
Assistant Warranty Manager
Rockwood/Flagstaff
574-642-5164

Old 12-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #8

customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Try these contacts:

Chuck Pederson at cpederson@forestriverinc.com

or

Call 574-642-2640 and they will direct you to a warranty rep.

Kelly Mosher
Assistant Warranty Manager
Rockwood/Flagstaff
574-642-5164
Thanks for the contacts, however, what I have found so far is that after 4 phone calls, leaving messages everytime, no one has called me back. Still waiting on an email but that is the same also. i have decided that once they sell it they don't care what happens to it. Really frustated now..
Old 12-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #9

Any luck ever getting these issues fixed? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one in early January and don't want to be walking into a ton of issues like you've had.
FrankH35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #10

issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankH35 View Post
Any luck ever getting these issues fixed? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one in early January and don't want to be walking into a ton of issues like you've had.
No, as of right now the only way according to my dealer is to drive the 800 miles back home or to pay out of my pocket for a service tech to come here where I am and fix it. Forrest River will not return calls or emails. I have talked to a couple of other people that had problems and their dealer took care of them even though they were not close. So based on that I am thinking it is all about the dealer you buy from, mine is not a good one evidently and the Forest River company does not care one way or the other when they don't require their dealers to service other dealers units under warranty.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #11

Quote:

Do not let this finalize your decision on this unit or any other. There are horror stories on all model and manufactures. All products can have defects. Mine is in excellent condition. Best on the purchase and fix.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #12

It's not steering me away I'm looking to buy it at Colman's Campers in Hartford, IL. They have the best price among my nearby dealers. Everyone seems to have some concerns regarding service issues no matter where you buy.

I've noticed places that have one on order coming in after the first of the year have noticeably higher prices. This was the case on one I priced through Arrowhead Campers in Mayfield, KY. They would have been my preferred dealer, but came in nearly 3k higher. It is coming in in mid January and apparently Forest River is putting in a large price increase. Perhaps due to the tariffs or maybe just increase in materials prices in general. No matter, it's really pushing me to buy before the 19's that have been on the lot are gone.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:21 AM   #13

Quote:
It's not steering me away I'm looking to buy it at Colman's Campers in Hartford, IL. They have the best price among my nearby dealers. Everyone seems to have some concerns regarding service issues no matter where you buy.

I've noticed places that have one on order coming in after the first of the year have noticeably higher prices. This was the case on one I priced through Arrowhead Campers in Mayfield, KY. They would have been my preferred dealer, but came in nearly 3k higher. It is coming in in mid January and apparently Forest River is putting in a large price increase. Perhaps due to the tariffs or maybe just increase in materials prices in general. No matter, it's really pushing me to buy before the 19's that have been on the lot are gone.
If you would please follow up and let me know what you end up paying. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #14

As a newbie who has never towed before, is this a good choice for someone with a Silverado 1500? I know it comes in at around 5200 pounds. Would it be advisable for someone new like me with a half ton to go lighter and shorter? Or will my truck tow this with no issues?
Old 12-26-2018, 08:19 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
As a newbie who has never towed before, is this a good choice for someone with a Silverado 1500? I know it comes in at around 5200 pounds. Would it be advisable for someone new like me with a half ton to go lighter and shorter? Or will my truck tow this with no issues?
Well, you're committing a newbie mistake by using fictional dry weights.
The website dry weight is 5300lbs, which is for a stripped-down version of the trailer. So add weights of batteries, options, water and cargo.
Fictional dry tongue weight of 709lbs can easily be at 1000lbs loaded, which is kinda heavy for a trailer this size.
Without knowing your Chevy's specs, like payload capacity, engine size and rear end ratio, it's hard to say if it's capable.
Just cause it's a Silverado, doesn't mean it's capable.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #16

Sink fell out also!

We purchased ours in October and the first night when we were sleeping we heard a loud bang. It was the kitchen sink. We live too far from the dealer so my husband fixed and reinforced it.

When my husband went back to the dealer to pick up the license plate he mentioned the sink and the dealer said we were the 4th customers to mention that problem in the past month.
Nona2henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #17

4WD short box with tow package.
Payload 1530.
5.3 V8.
GVWR 7200
GCWR 12000 min. 17700 max
Dead weight hitch max trailer weight 5000
Dead weight hitch max tongue weight 500
Weight distributing hitch max trailer weight 6100 min 11700 max
Weight distributing hitch max tongue weight 610 min 1170 max
Maximum trailering capacity 11700 max
Rear axle capacity 3950 min 4300 max

Anything else I need to add off the spec sheet?
Old 12-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
I had towed the 25BRDS with a 2017 1500 series Silverado with no problems. My reason for upgrading to a 2500 series is because I live in the PNW and travel the passes quite a bit. If your not climbing large hills regularly not an issue, otherwise go with A 3/4 ton. Your truck will last longer and it is safer. Have fun!
Old 12-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #19

Upgrading to a 3/4 ton is just not an option at this point. Just want to make sure I'm not putting too much strain on the truck and its engine. We are going to be mostly weekend warriors who will never travel more than 3 or 400 miles one way to camp. Most of the time we will be within 50 miles of home.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #20

We decided not to go for this unit after all. Decided it was a little too much money for us. Instead we are looking at Grand Design Imagine XLS21BHE and Keystone Passport 239ML. These run 4-6 k less and are also a little bit lighter weight. I think the 25BRDS may push our limits too close on payload and towing. Thanks for everyone's advice and tips.