Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 02:40 PM   #1

Micro Lite 25FBSL storage area issues.

Sorry 25FBLS not SL.

So we get our new Micro Lite home and I begin the task of cleaning and tweaking all the little issues most trailers have when new. You know like cleaning out all the construction debris in the various nooks and crannies. Spray foaming any possible critter point of entry and in general fix what ever made it past the manufacturer or dealer inspection.

So after cleaning and sealing inside the trailer I go to the front pass through to clean construction debris from behind the bed panel and discovered that not only the floor of the pass through is not insulated neither is the ceiling and shared wall to the bedroom. Add to that the “drop frame pass through” has a 3/8-1/2” gap between the storage area and the under side of the trailer in the corners which are hidden by the bed panel.

I’m thrilled with the huge pass through storage on this model but very disappointed and perplexed that Forest River/Flagstaff did not properly design and build the storage area to keep weather and rodents from accessing the storage area and some type of insulation to provide a barrier to heat or cold under the bed. They also used unprotected interior wall board as shims where the gaps were under the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	209962
My solution was to foam the two gaps, trim the exposed interior wall board off and seal the surface with a spray on rubber. We’ll see how that works.

Since the storage area is directly below our bed I insulated the ceiling of the storage area and the adjacent wall with some R-4 styrofoam insulation and reinstalled the decorative wall board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3191.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	501.3 KB
ID:	209963Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	209964

Hopefully these steps will keep critters and the weather out and provide for a more comfortable living/sleeping space.

Just wanted those that have the 25FBLS or Rockwood 2511s or that are considering either of these to be aware.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #2

many thanks.....

kudos and thanks to you F/E for the info and pics.....

we also have a 2019 fbls...........purchased in Sept. 2018..........
we've taken it out 8 times now for about 30+ days......
happy to report we've had no big issues yet.....(lost a bumper cap)
we really love this unit so far......it seems perfect for a couple

However I did not do the inspection and clean out that you mentioned in your post............I will begin that this weekend and ask my wife to help with putting another set of eyes on the details......she's VG at that......

anyway thanks again for the heads up and please post up any other observations.....
safe travels to you all....

the Johnnys

Tags
lite, storage