Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #1

Question Micro Lite 25KS

Question to any & all 25KS owners. Where do you store all of the things you would normally carry in the pass through storage? We have a 21FBRS & it has large pass through storage under the bed. You sacrifice this with the murphy bed. Would love to have the large bathroom & 2 doors, but don't know is I am willing to give up a lot of storage space for very little storage space. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #2

The new ones are mostly coming with pass-through now, I believe. It's passes under the sofa. See my pics on my thread about the 25KS.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #3

Thanks for reply 220Chap
Looked at a new one the other day & it does not have pass through storage under sofa.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #4

Thread is 'New 25KS: Pics'.

The new design has a pull out drawer under the sofa. Pull out the bottom sofa front. I will probably remove that drawer (though DW won't like that) to have the pass-through. Plenty of other interior storage in the 25KS.

Great floor plan, though I wish the slide extended further.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #5

Just don't know is that would be enough storage for power cords, hoses, tables, chocks & levelers, & all the other misc. stuff that I carry. We also like the new 25DKS, but it's bathroom isn't as big as yours, really like that large bathroom.
Thanks again for the input
Old 02-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #6

No problem. We haven't used it yet, so we'll see how the storage goes. This is our first TT; been using a converted cargo trailer. We're accustomed to traveling with Rubbermaid bins.

We like the large bathroom, large awning, two doors, large dinette (section against wall is skinny, not too comfortable), and the murphy/sofa. You get a lot in a small package; just no bunks. The dinette should suffice if there's company.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220Chap View Post
Thread is 'New 25KS: Pics'.

The new design has a pull out drawer under the sofa. Pull out the bottom sofa front. I will probably remove that drawer (though DW won't like that) to have the pass-through. Plenty of other interior storage in the 25KS.

Great floor plan, though I wish the slide extended further.
We just got our 25KS two weeks ago and I also plan to remove the drawer under the sofa to have pass thru storage similar to what we had in the 21DS(certainly not the same amount of storage but storage nonetheless). The amount of interior storage does off set the loss of storage caused by the Murphy Bed.

We do like our new 25KS, that bath is huge for a travel trailer.
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #8

Have had my 25KS out once so far . . . I don't think I'll need to remove the 'sofa slide drawer' for more exterior storage. Seems to be OK as is, though a couple of other chunkier items travel in the large bathroom, or in the truck. We shall see . . .

But a GREAT travel trailer for couples, as far as I'm concerned. Lots of features without a lot of weight. About the only thing it lacks is interior floor space, but for two people shouldn't be a big deal. And the DW and I won't be inside during the day all that much. The slide opening further would help open the interior some.

Oddly, one of the biggest issues to date is what trash can to buy and where to put it! (it ended up opposite the fridge)
Old 04-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #9

Regarding storage in my 2015 25KS, here's a rough list of what I'm carrying onboard in the storage areas: sewage hose & connections, 2 buckets, 2 water hoses, 5 'quad' chairs, 1 'quad' table, rapid jack, leveling wedge, power cord, 2 slide-on grill prep tables, tool box, small shop vac, cordless drill, 2' level, a few other incidentals. My Camp Chef grill, and accompanying plastic drawer stack travel in the bathroom, though it's only a few miles from storage area to campground.

In the truck: firewood, coolers, jack stands.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #10

220Chap
I'm impressed that you got all that stuff in those little storage areas. Guess I'm just not as good at packing. Can you get 6 gallons of water in a5 gallon bucket? Any way, I like what I'm hearing. We love our 21FBRS, but really like the larger bathroom & 2 entrance doors. Guess I'll go take another look at the 25KS. Thanks much for the info.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #11

220Chap..........impressive packing

Papa GLS.........We bought a 21DS last yr. and lost it in a accident a week before Christmas. Our new 25KS is our replacement trailer for it. We are amazed at what a difference that extra 4' makes. After three weeks of tweaking/customizing it for our upcoming first trip, I can't imagine what more a larger trailer could offer than what we have in the 25KS. Plus, I wouldn't want to tow anything bigger.......That bathroom is huge and the two doors are much more practical than I first thought they could be. IMO it is the perfect travel trailer for just two people.
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 AM   #12
Sky&Scuba

I ended up Buying a lite box from Amazon something similar to this...

Amazon.com: Lund/Tradesman 288271BK 32-Inch Aluminum ATV Storage Box, Diamond Plated, Black: Automotive

and mounted it to the back bumper and store all the Elec Cords, etc in it. Works out great.
kendive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #13
Ladd, Jessica & Pixel

underneath storage

We got our new 2016 25ks last week. It has shelves next to the armrests of the sofa. The reason is that there is a complete pass thru all the way under the sofa with doors on both ends. You can get under it a bit for not too big stuff by lifting the sofa front, but the great thing is that it is accessible from either side outside. A little harder to access the bed with those two shelves, but the storage is welcome. You can tell if your model has the pass thru by looking at the hatches on the entrance side. If you have two hatches on the forward end, then you have the pass thru.

We love our new 25ks. Traded up from an R-pod 178. Love the BR. and the Murphy bed and sofa. Just spectacular overall. Not hard to pull with a 5.0 liter Ford F-150 supercrew.
Tapfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #14

Congrats! We are loving ours. Camping now, actually...