Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #1

micro mini

we are looking at a flagstaff micro mini 21 DS. I was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it.
thank you
Kayla001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #2

we had one last year and lost it in an accident, several good things about the trailer,......nice large open area when slide is out,....nice three steps high, but that adds wind drag,....small corner shower, .......low cargo capacity, I think around 700#,.....one thing to look out for is the way the bathroom door is mounted, if knob is on left side, you can enter the bath with slide in(while traveling), if knob is on the right side, you cannot, it comes both ways and that mattered to us, we like to have use of the bathroom if needed while traveling and the dealer had to reverse our door for that reason,....we replaced it with a 25KS and are very happy with our decision, bigger shower and large bathroom and two doors
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #3

We purchased a new one 21DS in June, so far so good. The Murphy bed option is the way to go, gets you lots of room for its size. Sometimes a little tough getting in and out of the bed with the side tables. Bathroom is small but sufficient, we added a plastic shower curtain liner to the inside of the factory supplied cloth one. Lots of storage for its size and we seldom travel with water (maybe 10 gal) for emergencies. 775 lb capacity is enough for us. Nice unit for summer camping.
2015 Ford Explorer
bbbeebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #4

We were toying last year between the 21 DS and 25 microlite. We went with the 25 ds microlite by flagstaff. Glad we did. We liked the couch as well as the table to sit at which we use both all the time. Also when we camp with a group and the weather became rainy, guess whose camper was the place to go for games? We like the bathtub vs the shower in the bathroom. We don't use the shower per se but is great for additional storage. There was more counter space in the 21 vs the 25, however, but we saw the new model 25ds this year and the slide extends all the way including the stove so I believe there might be more space.
PTLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #5

Wondering if you have winterized your camper yet? We also have the same camper and are having a hard time finding info on winterizing it. I have email dealer, searching net also and manufacturing co. and have not heard anything back yet. This is our first travel trailer. No info yet. Thanks for any help.
Kayla001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #6

I winterized several weeks ago.
  • Drain the Hot Water Heater
  • Drain the Fresh Water Tanks
  • Turn 2 Valves, 2 at the Hot Water Tank, cold water in, Hot water out to off.
  • Turn valve at water pump, to direct pump to Anti freeze siphon inlet.
  • Make a short hose with male hose fitting to screw onto antifreeze siphon inlet.
  • Fill bucket with about three gallons of pink stuff, put hose end in bucket or siphon from gallon jugs.
  • Turn on water pump,Turn on each faucet (hot and cold) one at a time until pink come out, fill toilet too, don’t forget outside shower. Pour a little extra pink in each drain, and toilet.
  • Remove Battery, store indoors on wood not concrete.
  • Close all vents, lock doors and windows, cover if desired and wait until spring
If I forgot something, maybe someone else will chime in, Good Luck!
2015 Ford Explorer
bbbeebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #7

My hubby does all the winterizing but I also know we put sheets of bounce fabric softener in various areas of the camper and storage areas. Also bought a 3 pack of some type of rodent deterrent that smells like a Christmas tree and place that in also.
No mice (knock on wood) last year.
I would also suggest taking out any food type items, blankets, etc, anything that the little critters would like to nest or chew on. I know we might do overkill on this but we take most items out including our bedspread.
will let you know of anything else. bbbeebop; thanks and will show your list to my hubby to assure all is covered.
PTLady is offline   Reply With Quote