Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
want a Cat 293REX

Unhappy MicroLite 21FBRS - shower help please!

Back to report and need help! We just returned from 3 days at a state park and I took the first shower. I made sure the shower curtain was covering the edges but wow - when I got out - there was at least 1" of water behind the toilet and on the floor. Something is very wrong - how did this happen? Thankfully, a good floor and a good towel - very upset!

What happened, is this a leveling problem? The drain is not plugged and the gray water filled up quickly - 3 days - full and drained properly.

Help please!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #2

We had something similar happen in ours, too. Since this happened in our 2109S, we always put a couple of extra towels along the floor at the edge of the shower.

We have also found that placing our backs to the outside wall (same side as the bath sink is on) gives us a little more room and we can visually see if the bottom of the shower curtain has been moved to outside the shower pan. We haven't had any water outside the shower since we started doing this.

Another recommendation I've seen from others here is to replace the shower curtain with one that has magnets (for weight) along the bottom.

Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #3

We had the same problem in a previous camper, a Surveyor 186. Floor was covered with water after the first shower. We got two triangular plastic pieces from Lowe's and caulked them into the two bottom corners of the shower. Never another problem.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatless View Post
Back to report and need help! We just returned from 3 days at a state park and I took the first shower. I made sure the shower curtain was covering the edges but wow - when I got out - there was at least 1" of water behind the toilet and on the floor. Something is very wrong - how did this happen? Thankfully, a good floor and a good towel - very upset!

What happened, is this a leveling problem? The drain is not plugged and the gray water filled up quickly - 3 days - full and drained properly.

Help please!
We also have a 21FBRS. I noticed (the last time we camped) that water was running along the "flange" (upper part of the basin) on the rear side of the camper. Unless there is a slight lean toward the back left corner of the TT, water will run off the flange onto the floor behind the toilet. Some type of diverter could be glued and caulked on top of this flange to divert the water back into the basin. Hope I've explained myself correctly.

Here is a picture with "A"representing the Flange and "B" representing the flow of water behind the toilet Hope this helps

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cture7876.html
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
want a Cat 293REX

Diverter - splash guard coming up!

Many thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

No problem! Good Luck with your project!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #7

Just caulked in a plastic triangle in the corner by the toilet this weekend in my new 21FBRS. Also replaced the shower curtain with a thicker one from Wal-Mart. I still plan to keep a towel down when showering though.

One tip on the showering, put your back to the corner of the shower and hold the sprayer in front of you. That way you are always spraying into the corner and not against the curtain. Works for me anyway.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #8

Just another thought....that gray water tank will fill up faster than you think while enjoying your shower- then it will back up at the drain, and run out onto the floor.....
U get the picture, it has happened to us.....(not me, though) Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Shower Fixes in 21FBRS

Replaced the shower curtain with one heavier duty, wider and longer. I cut the bottom so it just touches the shower pan.

Also, installed two of the plastic tub/shower guards from Lowes. Used clear silicone caulk and had to cut-out a piece so it would seal up against the sink vanity top.

Finally, make sure the TT is level, as water will sit in the pan.
2010 Trailet New Yorker, 2-Horse
HorseyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #10

We experienced this too. First, the stock shower curtain is not weighted and too short. Second, you will sese a gap between the shower tub and the sink cabinet. We just SEVERELY caulked that interstice and also caulked all the sides. Next, we bought a regular shower curtain with magnets (for weights) on the bottom. I expect we will not have a problem anymore. Also, I had to go and re-level the TT as I found it 1-2 degrees slanted towards the front. That isolated any water in the BR. Make sure you don't run the exhaust fan while showering. With the new curtain I'm not as concerned anymore.