Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #1

Mini lite 21fbrs tv mount question

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully mounted a tv larger than the 24" that is original to the unit?
I'd like to mount a 32" (approximately 5lbs heavier) but a little worried if the support can handle the additional weight . Obviously, we would not travel with the TV mounted.
Any words of caution, wisdom and advice is greatly appreciated.
Traveling Circus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #2

I wondered the same thing since my 24" Furrion TV is defective, it keeps changing channels and inputs, like the buttons are constantly being pressed (they aren't). My TV mount is above the stove and when I measure the space, it looks like a 32" won't fit. I'll probably install a Vizio 24".
Old 12-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

I've upgraded the size on both campers TV's. With them being flat screens and so much lighter than they used to be, I've never had a problem.

If in doubt, you can mount a backer board (1"x6"or8") across a couple studs in the mounting location and them mount the TV mount to that. If your using a flat mount (none articulating) you'll be fine. If you use an articulating or tilt mount, put a couple mounting loops on the backer board and secure it with a strap or fabric covered bungee to keep it flat and not extended. No need to remove it each time unless you just want to be overly cautious. Having it extended and creating all that leverage on the mount while moving is what gets you in trouble.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I've upgraded the size on both campers TV's. With them being flat screens and so much lighter than they used to be, I've never had a problem.

If in doubt, you can mount a backer board (1"x6"or8") across a couple studs in the mounting location and them mount the TV mount to that. If your using a flat mount (none articulating) you'll be fine. If you use an articulating or tilt mount, put a couple mounting loops on the backer board and secure it with a strap or fabric covered bungee to keep it flat and not extended. No need to remove it each time unless you just want to be overly cautious. Having it extended and creating all that leverage on the mount while moving is what gets you in trouble.

I emailed the folks at FR regarding the current tv supports and mount that is original to the unit, would be strong enough to support a 32” LED, weight is about 13lbs. They promptly responded that my 32” LED could be installed without any problems. I have since installed the LED, I will, more than likely install additional support, just for piece of mind. I will definitely not travel with the TV being mounted.
Just a note, I was pleased with FR quick reply to my question.

Tags
lite, mount, tv mount