Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #1

Model 18RK Height Dimension

Can anyone tell me if the exterior height dimension shown on the Forest River website for the model 18RK (8' 4") includes the roof mounted A/C unit? If not, how much does the roof mounted A/C unit add to the height of this trailer?

My space for storage has an entrance height of 9' 2" so if the trailer is 8' 4' it would fit with no problem.

2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #2

With a little more search I found the answer to one question, the exterior height specifications shown on the FR website are without the A/C unit.

If anyone knows how much the roof A/C unit adds to the height of the trailer that info would be appreciated?

I'm also wondering if there is an option to mount an A/C unit through the side of the trailer rather then on top???

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think a low profile AC adds about 14" to the height. I also think the measurements are from the roof edge, and not the overall height, which for those units without AC would be the roof vents and shower skyligh, and fridge vent. The Winegard antennae, and the waste tank vents should be lower than those.

My SV 263 was listed in the brochure at 8'6" which is pretty darn close at the edge of the roof. But the roof vents, skylight, and fridge vent project up somewhere around 6" which would put me at 9'0" without the AC. My AC puts me up to 9'10".

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
I think a low profile AC adds about 14" to the height. I also think the measurements are from the roof edge, and not the overall height, which for those units without AC would be the roof vents and shower skyligh, and fridge vent. The Winegard antennae, and the waste tank vents should be lower than those.

My SV 263 was listed in the brochure at 8'6" which is pretty darn close at the edge of the roof. But the roof vents, skylight, and fridge vent project up somewhere around 6" which would put me at 9'0" without the AC. My AC puts me up to 9'10".
Thanks MTNGUY...

The 8' 4" plus 14" (low profile A/C) gets me to 9' 2" and possibly a rude awakening trying to clear the 9' 2" entrance. I'll have to investigate what options I have for adding a few more inches of clearance.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Thanks MTNGUY...

The 8' 4" plus 14" (low profile A/C) gets me to 9' 2" and possibly a rude awakening trying to clear the 9' 2" entrance. I'll have to investigate what options I have for adding a few more inches of clearance.
Uh, I think that would put you up around 9'6".

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Uh, I think that would put you up around 9'6".
Correct...which is a clear indication that I shouldn't do any calculating before I've had my morning coffee and I need to look for a trailer with a lower height .