Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #1

more stable

in stalled to ex chocks today on the camper , WOOW WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!

Installed a portable water filter
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #2

Okay, how was it different. I have one old one and don't notice a difference. Which model did you get? Do they help with side to side movement when someone walks through the trailer?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
Okay, how was it different. I have one old one and don't notice a difference. Which model did you get? Do they help with side to side movement when someone walks through the trailer?
Hey Buffalohunter...I have the same pointy nose as you. I have the BAL Chock, which I love and does wonders for the front to back movement, but our issue is/was with side to side movement. I picked up a couple of the RV Stabilizers I mentioned in the thread below. This is our 4th trip using them this year, and I am very satisfied with the side to side movement they have provided. I use one under the rear bumper (bedroom) and one under that bar that is located just in front of the rear axle.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ite-23775.html

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
One doesn't make much difference I've found and I have two, just get lazy and only use one, but within 24hrs, I usually install the second and it does make a difference front to back. Only side to side stabilizers will stop the side to side motion and front to back to help eliminate the front to back in conjunction with the x chocks, the final help is the jacks in front of the axles as it eliminates the suspension/tire flex. Have fought all this for yrs until I added all of the above and use them all 3, stablizers (front to back, side to side), 2 x chocks and the jacks in front of the axle.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips guys.

I have them added to my wish list and will be getting them very soon.

kamp k the photos were great thanks for those and the link to them on the web.

This is a super forum.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys.

I have them added to my wish list and will be getting them very soon.

kamp k the photos were great thanks for those and the link to them on the web.

This is a super forum.
YW, sir. Like I said, we've been satisfied with the improvement in our side to side movement. Between the Valterra and BAL Chock, we're 10 times better than we used to be. I only use one BAL Chock, and will probably invest in another one soon. I wouldn't claim all of our movement is completely eliminated, but this morning DW sent DS in to wake me up and I used to be able to feel him get out of the blow-up bed and walk to the back bedroom, and the rocking would wake me up before he reached the bedroom lol. This morning, no such experience! Never even felt him coming.

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter
We are new to TT . I bought 2 of the X chocks , the one with a ratchet wrench to expand or contract in between the tired.

It stopped the front to back motion , all we had before was the yellow plastic chocks

Side to side was a big help also . We made sure we had the stabilizers down all the way .

Front to back was bad with the yellow plastic chocks , the X chocks stopped that

You can still feel the floor flex a little . But you still have rubber totes on the concrete

Our problem this weekend with 10 women using the " dunny" was they were not flushing enough water with there business . We had a stopped up toilet , how does that happen ?
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote