Old 08-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

MorRyde Storage Box Modify to fit

The To Do List is getting shorter. After removing the stock steps and installing the Lippert Solid Steps on our 2019 Flagstaff 26RBWS the space under the door reminded me a child who has lost both front teeth. Be that as it may, I had always planned to install the MorRyde Storage Box but basically it did not fit. There is a trim piece under the door that prevents using the stock brackets that came with the box. I fabricate new brackets from 0.025" aluminum plate and lowered the box by 1.00". Now there is a totally acceptable to me gap above the box of approximately one half inch.

The box came from MorRyde with the standard cylinder lock that everyone and there brother has a key for. I replace that with a lock and cover from Industrial Lock & Hardware Inc. I also replaced the other lock on the trailer that was keyed the same way.

Now I have to decide what to put it the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomBracketRightSide.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	184386   Click image for larger version

Name:	InstalledStorage.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	184387  

GrayghostUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #2

Nice job! We have a 2018 2626rbws also & love it. I have been thinking about switching to the lippert steps, but didn't want the open hole in the skirting. How difficult was the step install? Did you have to remove the door threshold?

hurld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurld View Post
Nice job! We have a 2018 2626rbws also & love it. I have been thinking about switching to the lippert steps, but didn't want the open hole in the skirting. How difficult was the step install? Did you have to remove the door threshold?

I did not have to remove the door threshold. It was an easy install less than 30 minutes. Lippert really thought it through. The holes on each end have removable plastic caps. You get everything centered and positioned just right then install the two screws through the holes on each end. Once that is done you raise the steps to the closed position and install the remaining screws. The kit comes with several different type screws so all floor conditions are covered.
GrayghostUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage