Old 08-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #1

Multiple tank pulls

Hello again... So my 2018 Flagstaff BHOK with a bath and a half has 3 seperate pull terminations. 1 for the master bath with a black and grey pull... 1 for a galley tank which is just grey and 1 for the back bath with a black and grey pull...
Here is my dilemma... The 1/2 bath sink is filling up the black tank and after 4 dumps I have yet to get a drop out of the grey pull. This does not seem right to me at all...
Does anyone have any insight on this???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1533334000494450143788.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	182211  

KRBJMPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Empty all of the tanks.

Now, run a couple of minutes of water into one fixture - say the bathroom sink. Go pull the handles one by one and document which causes the wastewater to come out.

Repeat with every water fixture in the camper until you’ve documented what goes where and which handles each uses.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #3

I have done this... But the question still remains... Should water from the bathroom sink be filling the black tank???
Old 08-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #4

Not usually, but it not unheard of for the sink to be plumbed that way. Not surprising at all.

I reread your post the 1/2 bath sink is dumping into the black tank makes perfect sense.

The grey tank probably is the shower and the master bath sink.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:01 PM   #5

Ok so it would appear its not impossible and it wasnt just a total mistake during manufacturing ( still a maybe)... There is a grey tank in back seperate from the master bath tank as I discovered yesterday that the outside kitchen sink feeds the grey tank in the back... But not the 1/2 bath sink... Still seems kinda weird to me that a sink would fill a black tank.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

On my last camper, the 1/2 bath was plumbed to the rear black tank.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
Lacey's Spring, AL

a tank is a tank, it really matters not what color it is, you have to pull to dump it regardless
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
a tank is a tank, it really matters not what color it is, you have to pull to dump it regardless
I sort of agree except if you are adding grey water to your black tank you will fill that black tank a lot faster therefore limiting the length of time between dumps... Since there is a grey tank there anyway, I believe the greay water frim the sink should be plumbed into the grey tank to leave more space for black water
Old 08-09-2018, 08:35 AM   #9
Head Rambler

The idea is that normally people don't fill the black tank nearly as fast as any of the grey tanks, and they also don't normally use enough water in the black tank before a dump, so they run the vanity sink into the black to help alleviate both of those problems. Plus, it's probably a straighter run to plumb the vanity sink into the black tank.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

A lot of RV's with a 1/2 bath far away from the full bath utilize the black tank for both the sink and toilet.

Probably because the engineers figure that the main bathroom will get most of the use and the 1/2 bath rarely, if at all!

Believe me (from someone who has had an RV with two sets of tanks - front and rear) you should be glad you don't need a civil engineering degree to hook up your sewer hoses like I had to on my previous TT!

Funny...

I just recently gave away my 'Y' sewer hose adapter from those days to a newbie camper at an RV park I stayed at in Denver who had front and rear tanks and was not given a PDI from his dealer (go figure...Camping World) and didn't have a clue how to empty his tanks, and was only given one 10-foot cheapie (the brown Camco with no end fittings on it) sewer hose with his 32-foot TT toy hauler.

He went to Walmart and bought 40-feet of sewer hoses and when he got back I showed him how to hook it all up and the correct procedure for dumping the tanks.

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank