Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
Kasual Kamper

Question Need information on Micro-Lite parts

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I am new to Micro-Lite, this site, and in fact, this is my first post.

We purchased a 2013 Micro-Lite 21DS over the weekend from a private party, and it is either missing some parts, or I would like to add them.

I would like to buy:

1. The closer for the front door
2. A screen for both the kitchen and emergency exit windows
3. A vent cover for the front vent
4. An awning for over the bump-out
5. A new screen door handle slide.
6. Additional cabinet doors to replace the dead spaces in the two overhead cabinets (that match my present ones, of course).

I've done some searching, but am not sure if the parts I've found would work for this particular model. Any advice would be appreciated!
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #2

I would contact Forest River customer service for the things you need
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #3

Most of the parts you need are not specific to Micro Lites, but are pretty generic among all TT's.

Front door closers seem to be relatively new on Micro/Mini-Lites. But I'm guessing any RV dealer will have them. I'm assuming you mean the gas-strut type, like these: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Gas-Struts-s/56.htm

Window screens you may have to get from Rockwood. There are contact numbers in the Library, I believe.

When you say vent cover, do you mean the lid that you crank open/close, or the cover that goes over the lid so you can open the lid without getting rain inside? In either case, you can get them at most RV dealers or on-line. They come in many colors and styles. Here's a vent lid: ELIXIR REPLACEMENT VENT LID - NEW STYLE - SMOKE

Here's a vent cover: VENT COVER MAXXAIR II WHITE

Awning over the bump out I assume you mean a "slide topper." (The bump out is called a slide.) Again, RV dealers sell these. You can also get them on-line. If you aren't comfortable installing one yourself, I'd stick with the RV dealer. Here's something on slide-toppers: Dometic Deluxe RV Slide Topper Awnings

Screen door slides are also RV dealer or on-line. They come in different colors. Here's one: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-45512-S.../dp/B0024E5UVO

Others will have more suggestions.

Good luck.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
I would contact Forest River customer service for the things you need
What rp53 said. And welcome!

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #5
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Most of the parts you need are not specific to Micro Lites, but are pretty generic among all TT's.
Thanks for the awesome information! I will definitely check out those links!

I imagine buying the cabinet doors will be a little more difficult.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:26 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post

Front door closers seem to be relatively new on Micro/Mini-Lites. But I'm guessing any RV dealer will have them. I'm assuming you mean the gas-strut type, like these: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Gas-Struts-s/56.htm

Window screens you may have to get from Rockwood. There are contact numbers in the Library, I believe.

When you say vent cover, do you mean the lid that you crank open/close, or the cover that goes over the lid so you can open the lid without getting rain inside? In either case, you can get them at most RV dealers or on-line. They come in many colors and styles. Here's a vent lid: ELIXIR REPLACEMENT VENT LID - NEW STYLE - SMOKE

Here's a vent cover: VENT COVER MAXXAIR II WHITE

Awning over the bump out I assume you mean a "slide topper." (The bump out is called a slide.) Again, RV dealers sell these. You can also get them on-line. If you aren't comfortable installing one yourself, I'd stick with the RV dealer. Here's something on slide-toppers: Dometic Deluxe RV Slide Topper Awnings

Screen door slides are also RV dealer or on-line. They come in different colors. Here's one: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-45512-S.../dp/B0024E5UVO

Others will have more suggestions.

Good luck.
THIS is correct.
Most of the stuff you're looking for, are common to most TTs and you'll probably pay less buying from a RV parts store or the Internet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #7

How does the screen com out?
wnelsonfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #8

We removed the microwave and converted the space into a cabinet for pots and pans. I custom ordered a cabinet door made to fit from a cabinet maker. It wound up costing about $70 with shipping. I was not totally successful in matching the stain but we live with it. The 2 dead spaces in the overhead were easier to deal with. I bought 2 9x11 (don't quote me on the size) mirrors at Dollar tree and some tiny brass hinges at Lowes. I epoxied the hinges to the mirrors and used the brass screws to mount them to the cabinet. We added some nice ribbon as lifting tabs and some little super magnets to help hold them shut. I didn't put any lifters so we have to hold them open with one hand while retrieving articles from the cabinet. Not an elegant solution but total cost was under $10 and we now have two more mirrors in addition to the bathroom vanity. I have posted pictures elsewhere on this forum.

Tags
lite, parts