Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #21
NELA

One thing you can do while you wait for good weather is to order an Oxygenics shower head and install it. It isn't expensive and makes a WORLD of difference in the shower's water pressure (injects air into the water flow). It's a very simple change out too.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I *think* the only difference between the Platinum package and the Diamond package is that you have the tan exterior and ours is white.

Take a look at the picture in the link included in my signature. Is the wall border trim the same? I think some of the Diamond package 8528s have an aqua colored wave shaped accent color in the wallpaper border, which is the "Monterey Interior. If your border is the same as ours then you have the "Regency Interior". If your border is tan tones in a diamond pattern, and the sofa is fabric with the same pattern, that's called the "Grayson Interior".

Yes, our V-Lite had the cherry wood finish...it was also a Platinum Package.

Your dealer has booklets that will explain all the upgrades you got with the Diamond package. (one is the folding glass cover for the stove top, with the stove mounted flush with the counter top)

When we were shopping for ours they had several of the 8528s on the lot and we shopped them ALL for hours, back and forth. The reason I say about the only difference between the Diamond and the Platinum package is the exterior color is that there was only 1K difference in the prices, and the only difference we saw from one to the next to the next was the tan outside walls.
Here is a pic of the inside.
G.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #23

Ok, I can't post pics. The cabinets in ours are darker and the flooring looks lighter.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #24
NELA

We've given our 8528WIKS a workout this trip! We've been in a monsoon for a large part of this trip and I've been all OVER this puppy, looking for possible leaks; inside closets, cabinets, down on the floor in corners...everywhere! If it was gonna spring a leak, THIS was the test from hades! Dry as a tater chip, she is!

The onboard water filter drip self corrected (guessin' the o-ring needed to seat properly) and the microwave vibration seems to be lessening.

Being indoors so much since Thursday I've taken the time to *really* check out the workmanship. I continue to be impressed with the person(s) who did the interior caulking around overhead cabinets, etc. Impressive! Perfectly matched color caulking that has such a clean bead it looks more like a thin, narrow gasket than caulking.

With the weather front moving in we have gone from the a/c to the furnace, along with the fireplace. Love having a ceiling fan. TV and sound system working perfectly.

Absolutely NO regrets with our purchase!

The rain ain't a problem as long as I have an ebook and DH has the golf channel! A lot of "checkin' eyelids for pinholes" is happenin' for all of us, including Fred, though!

Old 04-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #25

Nice 5er.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #26

We took her out for an overnite Saturday. We have a couple county parks with campgrounds that are pretty good. Everything seems to work well with the possible exception of the pump. It runs smooth but the faucets just sputter and dribble. I will spend some more time with it and If I can't get it worked out I'll take her back under warrenty. I also had a small leak with the water filter cannister but like Weezer, it corrected itself. So far thhe DW loves it. Our plan is to just camp local a bunch this year so we will have plenty of opportunities to break her in properly!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
NELA

If you were on shore water why'd you use the pump? And are you sure you bled all the air from the lines? Ours always spits and sputters air for a bit once we hook up to shore water, and we don't use the pump.

Unless DH and I are *badly* mistaken, the pump is for when you're using water from your fresh water tank. Or were you using water from your fresh water tank instead of from park/shore water?

We're happier'n a fat muddy hawg in sunshine with our Buffy.

And if you meant that post for me campdohbrew, thanks! We think she's downright purty! And SO easy to hitchup, tow, and unhitch.

She's in the back yard now, unloaded except for the fridge and perishable pantry items but I'll take a day or two with that since she's on shore power. <3 having shore power which affords us the time to unload at our leisure.

Now I just need to find a bottle with a laundry genie in it.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #28

When you hook up the city water, bypass the pump. I believe that's what Weezer was referring to.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
If you were on shore water why'd you use the pump? And are you sure you bled all the air from the lines? Ours always spits and sputters air for a bit once we hook up to shore water, and we don't use the pump.

Unless DH and I are *badly* mistaken, the pump is for when you're using water from your fresh water tank. Or were you using water from your fresh water tank instead of from park/shore
Correct. While I was sanitizing the system, I filled the fresh water tank and fired up the pump that si where I noticed the problem with the pump not working properly. Turned the pump off to run the city water line and that worked great. Like I said, I want to play with the fresh water tank and pump some more just to make sure that I just did not get al the air out which I hope is the case now that I ran city water through all the lines.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
When you hook up the city water, bypass the pump. I believe that's what Weezer was referring to.
I assume that if the pump is off it gets bypassed anyway if your running city water? Or do I need to do something else? I just switched it off before hooking up the water outside.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #31

The pump should have a ball valve inline to switch it from city water to fresh water tank. This needs to be switched when winterizing as well to pump the antifreeze through the lines.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff