Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #1

New 2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS

So this is the week I take delivery on our new camper. I have a delivery check list and I keep running things through my head that aren't on the list, but that I want to make sure gets checked. Things like the controls for the heated mattress. I don't recall seeing it nor do I recall seeing the flip up TV shelf for the bedroom. Only thing on the wall was a sticker telling you to install it there along with the coax cable and power cable plugs.

Speaking of TV shelf, does anyone know if that is standard with a 2013 26RLSS? It doesn't show up in any of the options lists so I'm assuming it's standard.

Sailfish Bret

Old 05-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #2

I am jealous. We have ordered the Rockwood twin to your camper and still have quite a wait. Please report on your experience picking up the camper and how you like it. You can look at pictures of 2013 campers like yours on various dealer websites. These two both show the flip up shelf in the bedroom. *Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

northgaterv.rvusa.com/2013-forest-river-flagstaff-26rlss-new-travel-trailer-tn-i121660

Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #3

Thanks for the link Nancy in Texas. I've seen a number of them with the fold down shelf installed. My dealer here in Virginia insists the 2013's have a backer board in the wall so I can install one of the articulating arm type mounts should I choose to purchase one! Maybe they came both way, who knows. Either way, I'll let you know how the delivery goes later this week.
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Sailfish Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #4

Delivery of 26RLSS

Well, after a long day, the new camper is home. Here's a picture of it hooked up and ready to travel.

The walk-through was pretty painless but I did try to make it thorough. I used a PDI checklist to make sure I didn't forget things. I also made sure the shower drained into the gray tanks as I'd been hearing some of the sister Rockwoods drained into the black tanks.

They went over all the systems, even inflated the couch air bed. We had a bit of a problem with the water system as the sinks and the toilet were just spitting water and air. They were able to fix it while we looked over the other stuff.

Bottom line, there was a small gouge in the wood trim on the slide that they fixed, a bathroom slide door that had a gouge in it (they replaced it with one from another unit) and when I was on the roof, I noticed gaps where the ladder attached to the roof so they applied more lap(?) to seal it up. Everything else worked (Until I got home)

It's a 2 hour drive to the dealer but the ride home took more than 3 due to traffic accidents and then rush hour. Once home, I went to set it up and the electric stab jacks wouldn't work. They worked fine at the dealer but no power. I then found a blown 20 amp fuse. Once replaced, everything worked fine.

So first trip will be next weekend. My wife and I are looking forward to it and we hope it's trouble-free!!!
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 05-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #5

When they either raised them to much or lowered them , ours did the same thing on the pdi. They hit the button one to many times sowing us what might happen and blew a fuse during walk through

Good looking rig , have fun and safe travels
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #6

Well, do you have the TV shelf ? Haha. Looks great, we have the same unit. Wish I would have seen this post earlier, I would have asked to have them show you how to extend or retract the slide (manually) if there was ever a problem.

I have not had the problem, but a camping neighbor did which got me wondering.

I don't know how, and the owners manual is vague about how to do it.

Congrats on the TT, and enjoy your camping adventures.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #7

There is a cranking rod in front storage . On the front door to the left is a black rubber graument
To inert rod ,
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #8

No, it doesn't have the shelf just a sticker on the wall telling me where to mount a swing arm tv mount.

As for the slide, we didn't do it but we did go over the location and how to manually bring it in or push it out. Same with electric stab jacks.
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #9

I just installed a swing arm tv mount in my 5 th wheel. 8528rkws. There is supposed to be a large piece of plywood behind the wall. The holes in my mount were about 8" apart. I installed it just above and to the left of the sticker and had no problem.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #10

Did the trailer come with a jack??

Tags
26rlss