Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
Thank You for the Attachment - first literature I've seen on this thermostat.

Hubby has a drill and attachment that makes taking the slides in and out a breeze.

Now we just need to figure out the awnings manual in and out just in case. I think it's best to be prepared. We had our last camper 13 years and never (hand to the LORD) had to take that slide in or out manually. Hoping for the same good service on these THREE slides...

We are about to learn the manual way of putting in the slides (lol) since they are out and we have an appointment at the dealership on 6/19!!! Wish your hubby was here!!
festiveford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #22

NEW 2017 Monitor Panel - Touch Pad

Wow. Sorry to hear about all the problems with your digital control panels. We bought our 2017 Flagstaff 832IKBS in May 2016. So far....flawless operation after 42 camping nights last season and 13 so far this season. We love this unit and are now thankful we have the earlier edition with the following notable differences: 1) we have the conventional rocker switch type control panel. 2) our microwave is mounted above the db. sinks and not above the stove as the new edition. With this configuration, there is more vertical work space on the stove plus we have a window right behind the stove for added view and ventilation . Windows are limited on the street side of TT. 3). Our kitchen island has a pair of hanging pendant lights above which every new visitor readily comments on. 4) we have a large open shelf in between the TV and fireplace which gives us space for a satellite receiver. Not sure whereas you would put the receiver in the later edition 832IKBS?

Sometimes....the new improvements aren't necessarily improvements or come with drawbacks. Nevertheless....this is a great layout for couples and we are hard pressed to find a layout that we could enjoy more. HAVE FUN !
MHBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHBroker View Post
Wow. Sorry to hear about all the problems with your digital control panels. We bought our 2017 Flagstaff 832IKBS in May 2016. So far....flawless operation after 42 camping nights last season and 13 so far this season. We love this unit and are now thankful we have the earlier edition with the following notable differences: 1) we have the conventional rocker switch type control panel. 2) our microwave is mounted above the db. sinks and not above the stove as the new edition. With this configuration, there is more vertical work space on the stove plus we have a window right behind the stove for added view and ventilation . Windows are limited on the street side of TT. 3). Our kitchen island has a pair of hanging pendant lights above which every new visitor readily comments on. 4) we have a large open shelf in between the TV and fireplace which gives us space for a satellite receiver. Not sure whereas you would put the receiver in the later edition 832IKBS?

Sometimes....the new improvements aren't necessarily improvements or come with drawbacks. Nevertheless....this is a great layout for couples and we are hard pressed to find a layout that we could enjoy more. HAVE FUN !
You are correct we LOVE this floor plan and layout. True we must have gotten the newer model with the changes you mentioned. We got ours in November 2016 and I believe I saw it was built in August 2016. We had 11 days camping in 2016 since we got it Mid Nov. And we've taken 3 trips so far this year. We've only had one problem with the monitor panel. Our one slide would not come in when we returned home from it's first trip. But we got connected with the right people at FR and they sent an upgraded panel and power box and all seems to be running smoothly. The only other minor problem we had was the front Electric Stabilizer would not come up on this last trip so it's at the dealership for that warranty work and a software upgrade that FR is taking care of. We've had a learning curve since we went from a 2004 to a 2017 but that's not the TT fault. All and ALL we are VERY PLEASED. We also have the large open compartment above the fireplace - lots of storage there!!! We like the microwave over the stove because that gave us a TON of space over the Double SINK once we added a shelf... DOUBLED our storage space. We have the flush mounted LED light panel above the ISLAND and it's MY FAVORITE light to use as I'm always working at the island. Hoping for many years of fun - relaxation and travel in this TT.... Enjoy... Nice to meet another 832IKBS owner....
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #24
llr

It is not very hard to manually bypass the control panel if you are comfortable working with 12volt power.
Forget the touch panel, there is a separate relay panel, in our Flagstaff 831clbss it is behind the fireplace and is very well labeled.
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #25

there is a recall on the monitoring panel. call FR with your TT Serial #. My 2017 is on the recall , i got a card in the mail
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #26

iRV Software Upgrade - Tank Monitoring System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfloyd View Post
there is a recall on the monitoring panel. call FR with your TT Serial #. My 2017 is on the recall , i got a card in the mail
We received a letter dated April 26, 2017 and it was a"Technical Service Bulletin" that said there is "A Software error in the iRV Tank Monitoring System that is allowing the monitoring system to display an inaccurate level of the Fresh Water, Black Water, Grey and/or Galley Water holding tanks".

We took ours in for this software upgrade June 6th along with some minor warranty work and we had them add another set of BAL Leveling Scissors Jacks behind the wheels that seems to help with the movement in the living area. They were unable to do the iRV software upgrade because they are waiting on the upgrade from FR that should come to them end of June - Middle of July. No problem as it's been said on here the holding tank sensors have never been the most reliable ever so we just use the "Common Sense" sensors - myself and the DH - if something is full we empty....

All and All we are VERY HAPPY and LOVE this 832IKBS Flagstaff Trailer!!! Retirement here we come but until then we are camping as much as we can. IF you can call this Camping... Home away from Home!...

Debbie
Old 06-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #27

Happy to report as of 30 minutes ago , our 832IKBS is fixed and back home!!! My husband drove in a torrential thunderstorm this morning to make our 9am appointment! They fixed it on the spot with the new parts shipped from FR! So hoping this Sunday we get to take her out for our first outing in our new ( 4 month old) Trailer!! Thanks for everyone's help & advice!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #28

That's wonderful! I was thinking about you today and hoping all went well. I know how difficult it is to be grounded when you JUST WANT to be our there camping. So happy that they were able to take care of it while you waited. Now get out there and enjoy yourselves... Debbie..
Old 06-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #29

Thanks!! We have these things called full time jobs that get in the way of camping but we'll be driving back & forth from the campground for 2 weeks while we enjoy our new toy!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by festiveford View Post
Thanks!! We have these things called full time jobs that get in the way of camping but we'll be driving back & forth from the campground for 2 weeks while we enjoy our new toy!
Same here - Hubby works outside of home to supply us with insurance and I work our home based business with his support when needed. We are starting to countdown for retirement. But this being our first year with the new camper we are sticking closer to home with 4 and 6 day trips to get used to and fine tune the new camper. Then perhaps next year we will venture alittle further to a state we haven't yet gotten to visit. There's a whole USA out there to be seen. Maybe we'll meet one day. You know how to get me if you ever want to chat. Happy Trails... Debbie