Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #1

NEW 2017 Monitor Panel - Touch Pad

Okay I will probably make some mistakes as this is my first posting - So I will apologize in advance

ONE - we LOVE this FORUM!

TWO - we LOVE camping but don't get to do as much as we'd like but we're going to try to change that with our new 2017 Flagstaff TT 832IKBS

THREE - My most important reason for being here today. Has anyone had any experience with the new Touch Control/Monitor Panel? I have no literature and have tried to google with no luck so far.

jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #2

This will also be our first post!

One - we are also enjoying the forum.

Two - we purchased a Flagstaff 832IKBS also in late September and have used it twice without any issues except as noted below.

Three - the panel worked great except my husband could not get the electric hot water tank to work. He worked on the problem for two hours at the campground checking every valve, turn on the gas which worked fine, until he realized he turned on the underbelly heater and NOT the hot water heater! I hit the button on the panel for the heater and we got hot water.
Overall the panel works great if you take your time and read each button!!!

linda50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #3

Welcome to you both from Wisconsin and congrats on your Flagstaff's.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #4

I have one of the new control panels in my 2017 camper. What would you like to know about it? I will say that it works fine with my apple device but does not work properly with any of my android devices.
SCSTTROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #5

WoW the Flagstaff 832IKBS is a very popular trailer, we picked ours up this past Friday! The main control panel is going to take some getting used to but I'm sure it is not as hard as we are making it seem!! Lol!
festiveford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by festiveford View Post
WoW the Flagstaff 832IKBS is a very popular trailer, we picked ours up this past Friday! The main control panel is going to take some getting used to but I'm sure it is not as hard as we are making it seem!! Lol!
Congrats on the new trailer - We LOVE ours! We had a 2004 Flagstaff - went to FL for 3 weeks in Nov 2016 and somehow we came back with our 2017 832IKBS.... !!! Were not planning on trading while we were there but we knew we were going to probably replace in about two years and everytime we go by an RV dealership of course we've got to check the new models out. So we had seen this model up home but they had leather and we didn't want leather. So when we checked out a Camping World and I walked into the 832IKBS and it didn't have leather I told the hubby ... THIS IS THE ONE I WANT... and lo and behold we made the decision to trade. So we are taking small trips this year until the hubby can build up some vacation after using it up on November and it gives us a chance to get used to this camper and I agree with you the panel was STATE OF THE ART.. but as you say labelled well.

We have run into some questions - It has Black 1 and 2 and Gray 1 and 2 and Galley - but as far as I know we only have 1 Black and 1 gray?? Then we're still trying to figure out on the Hot Water Heater - when it's on outside do we still have to press the ELEC HOT WATER button on the panel?

We went for 4 days beginning of April and we have two trips coming up in May... So still getting used to things. April trip we had trouble with Hot Water but hubby finally figured it out - something to do with the de-winterizing process. This 2017 is alittle different from the 2004.

Okay, I wrote a book but I DO ENJOY this FORUM and fellow RV'rs... Best of Luck with your new TT and have FUN!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #7

Control Panel Issues

This is my first post too! We just got back from our first trip in our Brand new 2017 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT and have several issues with the control panel. 1) the Panel power button is stuck in the on position. 2) The main awning retract button stopped working. I called the service department at Campers World Tallahassee, FL and they had me take out two screws and roll the awning up manually and zip tie the arm closed for travel. 3) if that was not enough the slide button would not work and we had to crank in the slide manually. 4) Our Fresh, Grey, and Black tank levels would change from full to empty to 1/2 full. It was different each time you walked by. 5) I tried to use the app to control the panel with my Apple 5s phone but it will not connect with Bluetooth. I saw a repair or recall letter on this forum somewhere that some panels need a software update. Not a happy first trip in our new flagstaff
GsAdventureTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #8

I was told that this panel is now standard as it came with my new unit. I was not happy, although so far it has worked as advertised, I would much rather have the conventional panel.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #9

We are having an issue with our monitor panel now. We have our tt plugged into (15amp) shore power all the time. Sometimes the panel will let us turn the main power on and sometimes it does NOTHING!!! Are we doing something wrong?
I noticed today that the clock on the microwave was not lighted????, interesting because it's plugged into power. Our manual that came with the tt shows the older style monitor, lots of help!!!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #10

Just thought I would drop back in and update my Monitor Panel saga! Had to cancel our camping plans for this week & upcoming holiday weekend because Monitor is completely out now! Slides are in the out position and will not move without manual help! So after several frustrating calls to dealership with no help other than being told.... they haven't heard back from Forest River regarding recall update kit to fix my problem! I email & call the service department of Forest River myself.... guess what??? They were wonderful!!! They are shipping me (directly) a new panel & brain. Since my trailer is the only one in my area, very rural, they said it would be quicker to do that than wait on the module fix kit to reprogram! Big thanks to Forest River Service Department!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #11

Control panel

Thanks, Mine is STILL in the shop waiting for Forest River to approve the warranty work. Not sure why they need to approve its brand new. Any way the dealer said they requested a new panel and black box. Plus there is other warranty being done beside the panel problem. If I don't hear something soon I'll call Forest River. Thank for the follow up
GsAdventureTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #12

Just as Forest River Customer Service promised.... my parts were shipped on 5/26 and UPS just delivered them to my work 6/1!!!! I'm very pleased with the CS I received, we'll see how my dealership treats me on 6/19 at our repair appointment.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #13
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:
Just as Forest River Customer Service promised.... my parts were shipped on 5/26 and UPS just delivered them to my work 6/1!!!! I'm very pleased with the CS I received, we'll see how my dealership treats me on 6/19 at our repair appointment.

I had a problem with my panel. The Generator hours meter was stuck on 17 hours. Through a recommendation on this forum, I called LCI and they shipped out the new part pronto. Works fine now. I also use my iPhone app and it also works fine.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #14

Was just thinking (ya i know that is a dangerous thing!)

Yes, in the event of a catastrophic failure with the panel your SOL.

I just emailed the factory inquiring on the schematic, thinking that being able to manually control the slides and/or the awning would be a good thing in a bad situation.

I will post if I receive something.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamper00 View Post
Was just thinking (ya i know that is a dangerous thing!)

Yes, in the event of a catastrophic failure with the panel your SOL.

I just emailed the factory inquiring on the schematic, thinking that being able to manually control the slides and/or the awning would be a good thing in a bad situation.

I will post if I receive something.
I have had the same thought also. However we DO now KNOW how to open and close our slides manually. But we do need to find out how to handle the awnings. We've also found out how to operate our electric stabilizer jacks. I'm old school... all the bells and whistles sometimes mean MORE EXPENSIVE repairs. But seem like THAT is all they build today in cars and TT....

I would appreciate what you learn as it will help us also. We also need to get info. on the RVComfort.ZC - thermostat that controls our furnace and AC units. Lots of new things in our 2017 camper...
Old 06-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #16

Yes, slides can be opened and closed manually but figured if it's just the control panel that is the culprit than manually closing or opening is way too much work LOL
Old 06-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #17

I won't say the slides going in manually is the easy part but I wouldn't have a clue on the awnings!!! I think I vaguely remember how to do the hitch & stabilizers manually.
This power board thing has me in an uncomfortable mood regarding our new trailer!!
Regarding the RVComfort.ZC thermostat, someone was nice enough to send me an instruction sheet! I will try my best to do one of 2 things. I'll either find the link that was sent to me or I'll get my copy out of the trailer and copy and paste here!
Old 06-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #18

http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/pdf_documents/1976659.pdf
Old 06-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #19

Yeah it worked!!!!! Hope that helps someone!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Thank You for the Attachment - first literature I've seen on this thermostat.

Hubby has a drill and attachment that makes taking the slides in and out a breeze.

Now we just need to figure out the awnings manual in and out just in case. I think it's best to be prepared. We had our last camper 13 years and never (hand to the LORD) had to take that slide in or out manually. Hoping for the same good service on these THREE slides...