Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #1

NEW 2019 Epro 19fbs Owner

Hello everyone,

New user here and brand new owner of a 2019 Epro 19FBS. I am completely new to the camper life and feel I have a lot to learn. I am positive I will be posting several newbie questions here through out my days and just wanted to introduce myself.

I would love any feedback or advice from any of you. Any camper beginner mistakes to avoid? Or more specifically I am curious if anyone has advice on this particular trailer that you may have learned from experience from owning the same or similar. Perhaps something that you learned the hard way? I feel like the sales person that worked with us had no idea about the unit and the walk through was not as thorough as I would have liked.

Thanks in advance and I'm happy to have discovered you guys!

P.S. Does an EPro specific owners manual exist? The only one Ive seen is the digital generic Forest River manual. The camper only came with appliance manuals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5713-1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	185358  

Jtoliver43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtoliver43 View Post
P.S. Does an EPro specific owners manual exist? The only one Ive seen is the digital generic Forest River manual. The camper only came with appliance manuals.
No, there is not an E Pro specific manual.
Nearly ALL RV manufacturers only provide a generic owners manual with no model-specific nor brand-specific information. Just General RV systems information.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #3

Welcome from Louisiana! We have the 2018 19fbs GeoPRO and really love it. You have come to the right place to learn.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and enjoy your new Epro 19FBS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:52 PM   #5

One thing right out of the gate that Iím noticing is when I turn the water pump on to run water out of the fresh water tank, the pump itself never stops making noise and when I turn on the sink it sputters like there is air in the line. I also notice an odor when the water runs. This is all from running out of the tank and no water hook up. Any idea of what may be wrong or what Iíve done wrong?
Old 09-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #6

The sputtering IS air in the line. Usually the water stream clears up after a minute or two of running.
As to the smell, did you sanitize the system before using? If not, do so.
If it is going to be more than a week between trips, drain the tank and the water heater.
Do you fill your tank at home or the campground? City water is chlorinated and should have less contaminants than a spigot at the campground.
Do you use an external filter while filling your tank? Recommended,.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #7

The sputtering will stop when the air is out of the line, and at the same time, the pump
will stop pumping once the system is pressurized and water is at the faucet.
Agree about the sanitizing; check and see if the dealer started it and didn't flush enough.
If not, there's a bleach formula readily available on the net, just make sure you flush
enough water through the system to be able to taste clean water. Also, use a potable
water hose to fill the tank. Lots of folks would/will harrumph at that (possibly even the dealer), but it makes a taste difference not to mention possible health benefits.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:53 PM   #8

Thank you everyone for the replies. The water pump I have let run for several minutes assuming it just need to run all the air out in order to pressurize. After 4-5 minutes nothing changed and I turned it off in fear of ruining it. The pump runs the entire time and the faucets sputter the whole time as well. Again longer than a couple minutes.

As far as sanitizing the tanks for the odor, this is a brand new trailer and we have not used it yet. The tanks have water in them only from the dealer allegedly doing a function test. the dealer made no mention of needing to sanitize it. But the odor is definitely there.

Again I feel like there is a lot they neglected to go over with us. For example I had no idea there was a battery shut off switch until finding it myself. And apparently there is a built in water filter that I was not shown the location of or how to operate.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #9

Winterizing...

Quote:
One thing right out of the gate that Iím noticing is when I turn the water pump on to run water out of the fresh water tank, the pump itself never stops making noise and when I turn on the sink it sputters like there is air in the line. I also notice an odor when the water runs. This is all from running out of the tank and no water hook up. Any idea of what may be wrong or what Iíve done wrong?
Find the fresh water pump. It may behind a drawer or behind a panel you must unscrew. On it's input is a two-position selector valve. In one position it draws from the fresh water tank. In the other position it draws from a short piece of flexible tubing. It sounds like your selector valve is set midway between the two positions.

If it freezes where you are, in the winter you will:
  • Bypass the water heater (a couple of valves) and drain it.
  • Buy a gallon of potable RV antifreeze (not automotive antifreeze)
  • Place the flexible tube into the gallon jug.
  • Turn the selector valve to select the tubing.
  • Turn on the pump.
  • Run each tap (hot and cold) and the toilet until they run pink.
  • Turn off the pump.
  • Put the selector valve back to the other setting (so you don't have to do it in the spring).
  • Close the panel.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Again I feel like there is a lot they neglected to go over with us. For example I had no idea there was a battery shut off switch until finding it myself. And apparently there is a built in water filter that I was not shown the location of or how to operate.
Did you have a PDI/Walkthrough checklist?
It would have described things to make sure they go over.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote