Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #1

New 21FBRS Owner; want construction plans

I love my 2014 Flagstaff 21FBRS. I would like to have the electrical and plumbing construction plans. Never know what will happen down the road and these plans could be vital. Anybody have knowledge of where I can download them.....thanks.

Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #2

I'd be interested in the definitve answer to this for the same reasons.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #3

I believe that if what you are asking for was available this forum would not exist.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #4

l don't agree. Looking at the questions / topics in these fora, there would still be plenty to discuss. Like what to do after we find out where the pipes and wires are located.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #5

My point is that those kind of documents are not readily available to anyone outside the confines of a Forest River manufacturing facility. Good luck with your search. If you happen to find such a web site please pass on.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Bubbles is correct there is virtually no electrical schematics, no construction blue prints, no plumbing drawings.
Your completely on your own here.

They change models yearly sometimes as well as discontinue models which would make it virtually impossible to keep up with schematics.

Ps have you seen the wiring and plumbing in your trailer?

TURBS

GOLF CART SAFETY INSTRUCTOR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388853235998.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	44465   Click image for larger version

Name:	1388853267579.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	44466   Click image for larger version

Name:	1388853329344.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	44467  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #7

Of course Bubbles is correct. That's why I said l 'd be interested in the definitive answer to this if there was any.

I would even go so far to say that the way these trailers are built and the fact that in this industry floorplans seem to change as often as some change drawers, I would not be at all surprised if none existed even at the factory. These RV's are low tech vehicles and it is handy inconceivable that they cannot be built based on 'experience' (and eyesight) when it comes to pipe and wire runs. This would obviate the need for any such plans which would have to be revised and maintained continually.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #8
Site Team

as has been said, these are basically not available to the consumer.
the only way i could see getting them, is to go to the factory and make a fuss.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #9

You know, the OP is nowhere around but it seems as though all the responses seem to be directed at me, as if I somehow need convincing that there is a snowballs chance in he** of getting these plans..... Strange.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
Site Team

no, my response was to the OP and not you.
i was simply answering his title statement of wanting construction plans.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
Old 01-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #11

I am an industrial journeyman electrician and have worked on many nuclear powerhouses, paper mills, oil rigs and facilities around the world, Africa to China. I know there are a set of construction plans for my trailer. I do not know if somebody will give them to me. I bought it....they should!
Toyota Tundra
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #12

Old 01-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
Ditto!
Equalizer WDH
Old 01-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkeyBob View Post
know there are a set of construction plans for my trailer. I do not know if somebody will give them to me. I bought it....they should!

While you're at it - I bought an Intel CPU - I'd love to get the schematics for that.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #15

Drawing must provided for preapproval by sanctioning bodies of any electro/mecanical device exceeding (X volts , amps, psi or whaterver else to keep it safe. My own search of FR is they keep them proprietary. Only occassionally releasing a detail sketch of a circuit. Not all makers deal with all the secrets. I purchased a good set of cad drawings from Coachmen, a perfect match. Winnabago also publishes drawings and can be downloaded by Veh serial number.

For Forest River maybe better to ask for a detail dwg than a layout----
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #16

Hi Bob,

I ask my salesperson to get me some plans, the reply from service dept;
(salesperson) asked me if I could get a hold of some diagrams for the plumbing and electrical of your camper for you. Unfortunately Forest River does not have any diagrams or schematics for the electrical or plumbing in their units.
I tried.....Bob
Toyota Tundra
Old 01-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #17

I can send our units (Pics). Youroo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxd 002.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	44637  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #18

Quote:
I am an industrial journeyman electrician and have worked on many nuclear powerhouses, paper mills, oil rigs and facilities around the world, Africa to China. I know there are a set of construction plans for my trailer. I do not know if somebody will give them to me. I bought it....they should!
As a journeyman electrician it sound like you have worked on many projects. Most of them on a much larger scale than an RV. I am sure that on the projects you have worked you were given electrical plans identifying the wire size, fusing, conduit size, bend radius and other details important to the job but as an experienced journeyman you were given the freedom on installing the actual hardware as required base on the uncontrolled elements (other trades) around you. This would be the same as with an RV. The electrical schematics are done and used to get approval of governing bodies but the actual installation and layout is performed based on the surrounding elements at the time. Whether it be case of a nuclear powerhouse or an RV the minor layout details cannot be controlled or documented without major expense. Anyone who owns an RV can relate to cost cutting expenses RV manufacturers take to lower the build cost.

If you are looking for a schematic identifying the component and circuitry used then it may be possible but trying to get where the wires are located (my understanding of construction plans) throughout the RV may be impossible.

As for "I bought it... they should", when you bought your house or vehicle did you get construction plans for them.

2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #19

As a former 2109s owner (Rockwood version of your unit) I will share that before any road trip to check the mounting of the slide motor under the couch. My first trip out in this unit, the motor flopped around on the floor because the mounting bolts were screwed into nothing more than the paneling (found out afterwards on this forum that MANY other owners of this unit had the same issue). Also, the fuse for the slide is on a separate line straight from the battery. It runs under the frame and is exposed to the elements, subsequently getting wet a lot driving in the rain and blows the fuse.
Otherwise a very nice unit which we enjoyed very much...
Happy Camping

Quote:
I love my 2014 Flagstaff 21FBRS. I would like to have the electrical and plumbing construction plans. Never know what will happen down the road and these plans could be vital. Anybody have knowledge of where I can download them.....thanks.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #20

Years ago I bought a Casita travel trailer that came with full diagrams of the electrical and plumbing. It's a small family-owned company, and as far as I know they still provide those schematics. There's really no good excuse for not doing it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote