Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I have a
26RLWS with f150 TV and am camping with it now. I plan to buy some once I get back. I would have done it here but no dealers nearby. The truck is squatting too much IMOP even with the WD hitch.

How long did the install take you?
Dbledan... It took a total of two hours. Now let's just say after figuring out the first side the second side took 15 minutes. One issue I had was the hole under the metal bracket that gets attached to rubber bracket was offset from the hole that the screw head needed to be screwed in to the frame. I think I may have got defective brackets but they still sit on frame perfect so IDK. I just used a wrench with rachet to tighten small bolt to frame. It really was a pretty easy install and can't wait to try them out in two weeks.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:03 AM   #42

Man this winter won't end. We pushed off our pickup date from last weekend to this coming Saturday and now the dealer is suppose to get 5-8 of snow over night. As much as we're excited to go get the TT, we decided to wait. Now since I'm a tax accountant, the next few weeks are out and will have to wait till after April 15th. This also caused us to cancel our first trip, because we'll be picking it up that weekend. I guess we'll just need to do some backyard camping that weekend. Even though I'm comfortable driving in snow, I't the saftey factor that changed my mind on pickup date. Has anyone else picked up their new TT in Snow?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
Man this winter won't end. We pushed off our pickup date from last weekend to this coming Saturday and now the dealer is suppose to get 5-8 of snow over night. As much as we're excited to go get the TT, we decided to wait. Now since I'm a tax accountant, the next few weeks are out and will have to wait till after April 15th. This also caused us to cancel our first trip, because we'll be picking it up that weekend. I guess we'll just need to do some backyard camping that weekend. Even though I'm comfortable driving in snow, I't the saftey factor that changed my mind on pickup date. Has anyone else picked up their new TT in Snow?
It's not the Snow I would worry about,the "Salt & Other Corrosive's" on the road! Issues with Everything under the Trailer! Youroo!!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:28 AM   #44

Yes, that was one of my main concerns as well. I didn't want to spend a half a day cleaning up from them mess the road made to the new rig. It's just going to sit in yard anyways till tax times over.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #45

Finally brought Freddy the Flagstaff home this past Friday. With the Easter holiday and family, we haven't had a chance to really load-up the pile from the basement of all our Amazon goodies...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9324.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	135202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9264.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	135203
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_creative View Post
Finally brought Freddy the Flagstaff home this past Friday. With the Easter holiday and family, we haven't had a chance to really load-up the pile from the basement of all our Amazon goodies...Attachment 135202Attachment 135203
That's mighty fine mt creative!! Good looking truck to if I may add. We are going to look at trucks next year. I have a 2008 GMC now with a 5.3 and 3.73 rears in it. How does the new trucks tow?
and last but not least, our yellow lab Jayda and our chocolate lab, Julia.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
That's mighty fine mt creative!! Good looking truck to if I may add. We are going to look at trucks next year. I have a 2008 GMC now with a 5.3 and 3.73 rears in it. How does the new trucks tow?

Thanks. This is my first towing of a TT and it did well. I drove from Indy IN to Dayton OH so I-70 is pretty flat interstate, and there really wasn't many extended step grades... I stayed at 68-70mph and was comfortable.

Truck is a '16 Z71 with the trailering equipment package and Rear Axle 3.42
Auto locking rr differential. It has the off-road Monotube Rancho Shocks and the 5.3L V8 - 8 speed transmission. I absolutely love it and for a daily driver it is plenty for me. We're headed to the hills of PA later this year, I'll try to update these experiences.

You could tell we were pulling a trailer just from the ride comfort. The dealer gave me an Equalizer 4 point WDH as a loaner to get home and it needed grease. Plus, it sounds like exotic animals giving birth back there when you're turning or you just ran over a chunk of metal. I'm swapping it out for the ProPride P3 so hopefully that is a bit better on the noise.

We're so pumped to get out there and explore!

Cheers.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 AM   #48

Quote:
Thanks. This is my first towing of a TT and it did well. I drove from Indy IN to Dayton OH so I-70 is pretty flat interstate, and there really wasn't many extended step grades... I stayed at 68-70mph and was comfortable.

Auto locking rr differential. It has the off-road Monotube Rancho Shocks and the 5.3L V8 - 8 speed transmission. I absolutely love it and for a daily driver it is plenty for me. We're headed to the hills of PA later this year, I'll try to update these experiences.

You could tell we were pulling a trailer just from the ride comfort. The dealer gave me an Equalizer 4 point WDH as a loaner to get home and it needed grease. Plus, it sounds like exotic animals giving birth back there when you're turning or you just ran over a chunk of metal. I'm swapping it out for the ProPride P3 so hopefully that is a bit better on the noise.

Cheers.
We always pulled pop ups before. So this is our first experience with a TT. I go about 60 and the TT is stable but it feels like that's the limit. A little squirrely after that. It might be the DH, it's a Reese straight flex is what I think it's called. Good luck and happy camping. J007, did you get your TT yet?
Old 04-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #49

Quote:

Cheers.
I did the same thing with my brand new Vlite 30 WIKSS (7700 lbs dry) and my 2016 F150. sold back my Equalizer to the tt dealer and got the propride 3P 1400. NIGHT AND DAY! You'll love it
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
I did the same thing with my brand new Vlite 30 WIKSS (7700 lbs dry) and my 2016 F150. sold back my Equalizer to the tt dealer and got the propride 3P 1400. NIGHT AND DAY! You'll love it

Nice. I got the 1400 bars too. Sean has been awesome to deal with from ProPride. I think that's what really sold me was when he spent an hour on the phone with me walking through numbers and my personal setup with the TV & TT.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #51

MT.Creative... Looks good and glad your trip home went well. Ours in the other hand was a little concerning. We picked the TT up and went through our PDI just fine. I had the dealer leave 1/3 water in tanks to see how it would do. Well after dealing with the water pushing the trailer around half way home, we pulled over and drained it out. The sway got a little better, but not enough to my liking. We have the BlueOx Sway pro, MaxTow package and Timbrans on truck. I'm thinking I may need to try loading up first and increasing tire pressure next to eliminate some of the tail wagging the dog, with this 33 FT trailer. If that doesn't work, then may try LT tires. All else feels, the new 2016 F150 may be getting traded in for 250.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:30 AM   #52

Her is a picture on ride home.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170420_130828878_HDR.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	135307
Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #53

Quote:
Her is a picture on ride home.Attachment 135307
Looks good J007!!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:36 AM   #54

I forgot to mention... Got home and tongue jack broke and wouldn't go down. Dealer was great on helping out walking through solutions to get off truck and will be out this week to replace.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170421_063541.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	135308
Old 04-21-2017, 05:51 AM   #55

Quote:
I forgot to mention... Got home and tongue jack broke and wouldn't go down. Dealer was great on helping out walking through solutions to get off truck and will be out this week to replace.Attachment 135308

That sucks, but I'm sure a fairly easy swap for the dealer if you're close. Did they put two separate batteries on there for you? I just have the one.

The only hiccups we experienced were fairly minor in the grand scheme of things. They forgot to put the ladder on the back for easier roof maintenance and the didn't install the night blinds.

Dealer said they would be happy to put the P3 hitch I purchased... but in the end, they decided they didn't want to mess with it which is why I got the equalizer to get home (2hr drive and we had a wedding to attend that day) then I'll turn in the hitch when they install the ladder and blinds here in Dayton at their sister dealership.

I'll be curious to see what other mods you end up making along the way. I enjoy checking out this forum for ideas. I may buy some of those awning poles to help solidify that power unit - seems like a big old kite on the side.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #56

It does stink, but glad it happened at home rather than at campground. Yes, I had dealer install two 6v batteries rather then the one 12v it would of come with. I'll post some of the other modes as I install them over next few weeks.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #57

Quote:
MT.Creative... Looks good and glad your trip home went well. Ours in the other hand was a little concerning. We picked the TT up and went through our PDI just fine. I had the dealer leave 1/3 water in tanks to see how it would do. Well after dealing with the water pushing the trailer around half way home, we pulled over and drained it out. The sway got a little better, but not enough to my liking. We have the BlueOx Sway pro, MaxTow package and Timbrans on truck. I'm thinking I may need to try loading up first and increasing tire pressure next to eliminate some of the tail wagging the dog, with this 33 FT trailer. If that doesn't work, then may try LT tires. All else feels, the new 2016 F150 may be getting traded in for 250.
Sorry to hear you had issues. I have a very similar setup but a 26rlws and had trouble the first time out as well.

Not sure where you are payload wise or where your tanks are but I am close to payload so unloading some unnecessary gear helped me as well as making sure the load was distributed right (I misjudged axle placement when loading). Better to have the tongue weight and not overload than trying to put weight in the back of the TT. It makes things very unstable.

The last trip I took no sway and towed very smooth so with the right balance it does well. I suggest weighing while loaded to see how your setup is and you know how to adjust. I ended up leaving some things I didn't need as a result and adjusting several things.

I will likely be updating to a F250 next year sometime just to have a better buffer (which I will likely fill with gear) and make things easier. It will be needed if we update trailers anyway. Best of luck and congrats on the trailer.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #58

Thanks for the suggestion. I do hope once we load the trailer up and get a little more tongue weight it will help. I do plan on taking it to CAT scale as well soon and will reveal any weight issues that may be causing some of problems. The truck pulled it fine, just was all over the place because of swaying. I'll
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #59

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I do hope once we load the trailer up and get a little more tongue weight it will help. I do plan on taking it to CAT scale as well soon and will reveal any weight issues that may be causing some of problems. The truck pulled it fine, just was all over the place because of swaying. I'll
I have the same problem with my GMC1500. I have a Reese Steady Flex DH. It does good, but it seems like I have some swaying also. It seems 60mph is the fastest I can go. I'm​ not looking to go 70 or anything, but it seems like it should be a little more stable.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
I have the same problem with my GMC1500. I have a Reese Steady Flex DH. It does good, but it seems like I have some swaying also. It seems 60mph is the fastest I can go. I'm​ not looking to go 70 or anything, but it seems like it should be a little more stable.
60 MPH was about the same we could go without feeling to much sway. Would like to at least be at the speed limit, feeling save. I'll be trying a few different things the next few weeks, once tongue jack is fixed and will update how it goes.

Tags
flagstaff