Old 01-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #1

New Flagstaff 27BHWS

Hello... I am heading out to sign the papers on a new 2017 Flagstaff 27BHWS tomorrow and looking to see if anyone has purchased one yet and what they think. The weight specs fit with my 2016 F150 Max tow package and within the payload range, but questioning the 32.7 length of the trailer. I plan on having the dealer through in a Blue Ox Sway Pro WD, to replace my E2 hitch I'm using now on my 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS.

Thanks.

J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #2

Congrats on the new toy. I just brought home a 26RLWS with the same tv and hitch hook up. She strains a bit but she can take it. I was mostly flat terrain but long hills will suck your tank dry. BTW install the trailer backup controller if you can. Makes manuvering these SOOO much easier.
To your question loving the trailer. I would say check seals on the wardrobe slider. Mine did not seal well and when the rest of the unit was warm with the furnace running the bedroom ws cold still. Also found a propane leak on the T for the passenger side tank. The configuration is great but I like yours just as much.

dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Congrats on the new toy. I just brought home a 26RLWS with the same tv and hitch hook up. She strains a bit but she can take it. I was mostly flat terrain but long hills will suck your tank dry. BTW install the trailer backup controller if you can. Makes manuvering these SOOO much easier.
To your question loving the trailer. I would say check seals on the wardrobe slider. Mine did not seal well and when the rest of the unit was warm with the furnace running the bedroom ws cold still. Also found a propane leak on the T for the passenger side tank. The configuration is great but I like yours just as much.
Thanks for the input. Congrats on yours as well. We'll take delivery in a few months after we don't have to worry about the snow as much. We planned on installing the rear camera and good to know it will be worth it. I loved towing our hybrid with the ecoboost so can't wait to see how it tows this monster. It's much longer but probably only 1,000 heavier. Thanks for the advice on bedroom wardrobe slide. That would stink if it gets chilly in there at night and will be sure to test this out.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #4

Ok.. Here are some Pics of our new Unit.

Can't wait to pick it up the new Flagstaff 27BHWS next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flagstaff 27bhws 403 (1).jpg
Views:	448
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	129030   Click image for larger version

Name:	flagstaff 27bhws 406.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	129031   Click image for larger version

Name:	flagstaff 27bhws 404.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	129032   Click image for larger version

Name:	flagstaff 27bhws 421.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	129033   Click image for larger version

Name:	flagstaff 27bhws 422.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	129034  

Old 02-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
Can't wait to pick it up the new Flagstaff 27BHWS next month.

We're picking up the same TT in March. This will be the first time I've towed. I have the Silverado 1500 with trailer package so I splurged on the ProPride 3P WDH after seeing a jackknifed TT on our way to the RV show and watching to many YouTube videos

We'll be out and about with our 3 kids and are excited to get out there, but we're in Ohio so it'll be spring before that can happen...

Good luck!
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #6

Congratulations on new trailer! We're heading up to pick ours up in late March as well. We went with the Blue OX Sway Pro to help with the length and sway. I feel the towing will be fine as long as it's not windy and keep it around 60 or under on highway. I've towed quite a few trailers but this one is about four feet longer than prior ones. I'll let you know how pickup goes and any issues with PDI (if any). Happy camping!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #7

Btw, nice WDH choice.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Congratulations on new trailer! We're heading up to pick ours up in late March as well. We went with the Blue OX Sway Pro to help with the length and sway. I feel the towing will be fine as long as it's not windy and keep it around 60 or under on highway. I've towed quite a few trailers but this one is about four feet longer than prior ones. I'll let you know how pickup goes and any issues with PDI (if any). Happy camping!

Perfect. Seems like a lot of folks are using the Blue Ox so I'm sure it'll ride well for you. My dealer didn't have those available....

My FIL has a class C so I've traveled a bit with it, but towing is a completely new challenge along with leveling and all that. His has auto-level jacks!

We're just jumping into this world of TTs with both feet and hoping to land upright at the end of it all. LOL
Old 02-15-2017, 09:48 AM   #9

What a great trailer to jump into it with. We have had many Forest River (Rockwoods) and have been very happy with them. I find that once I find the right places to go for my family and what we like, it is a great way to get away from the everyday stress we deal with during the weeks.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #10

We are picking our Flagstaff 27RWLS up tomorrow. These trailers are very nice. After having tents and three pop ups, we decided it's time we graduate to a TT.
and last but not least, our yellow lab Jayda and our chocolate lab, Julia.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #11

Landis, congrats on new unit.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #12

Thanks, you also.
and last but not least, our yellow lab Jayda and our chocolate lab, Julia.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Hello... I am heading out to sign the papers on a new 2017 Flagstaff 27BHWS tomorrow and looking to see if anyone has purchased one yet and what they think. The weight specs fit with my 2016 F150 Max tow package and within the payload range, but questioning the 32.7 length of the trailer. I plan on having the dealer through in a Blue Ox Sway Pro WD, to replace my E2 hitch I'm using now on my 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS.

Thanks.

We tow a 832IKBS with our F-150 with the max tow package and Blue Ox hitch. We added timbrens to better support the tongue weight and we inflate the tires to 50 lbs when towing. If you install the timbrens do it before the hitch is set up or it will need to be readjusted. Enjoy!
Gjersvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #14

Wow... That model tongue weight is heavy. How does the truck do pulling that size load and length?
Old 02-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #15

New Flagstaff 27BHWS

Quote:
Wow... That model tongue weight is heavy. How does the truck do pulling that size load and length?

No issues but Illinois is flat. When it is windy we will cut our speed to 55 and take our time. Getting the BlueOx hitch dialed in is very important.

I forgot to add that we custom ordered the F150 with a crew cab, six foot bed, extra large fuel tank, towing mirrors and max tow. The long wheelbase helps.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #16

Sounds like we have pretty much the same truck setup, so good to know. My only issue with DW when buying was the length (32.6), so will make sure dealer is thurow with hitch hook-up and will make sure to check it after myself. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #17

When you hook up the front of the truck should not raise up from normal and the trailer should be level. If this is not the case keep after them until they get it right. The way my dealer set up our previous hitch could of killed us if we had gone out on the highway. They were clueless in setting up a Reese WD hitch. We bought the Blue Ox from a trailer dealer (non-RV) and he treated us right. He's the one who recommended the timbrens which really are worth looking at. Good luck!

Charlie
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #18

Sounds like I may have to find out about some timbrens for the F150. What do you find they help out with the most?
Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #19

New Flagstaff 27BHWS

Timbrens stop the bed of the truck from going down to the stops. Instead they provide cushioning that increases with compressive force. So instead of bottoming out on a bump there is more cushioning. They perform the same function as air suspension without the extra hardware headaches.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
We are picking our Flagstaff 27RWLS up tomorrow. These trailers are very nice. After having tents and three pop ups, we decided it's time we graduate to a TT.

Congrats! Hopefully everything went smoothly. That is a great floor-plan and seems wide open.

Tags
flagstaff