Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
We have only been on one trip so far but we love it also. Did a lot of looking before we decided on this model. Wife loves the kitchen in the nose. We are headed out later this week for another 10 day trip VA and SC. We live in Orlando area.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradinOhio View Post
We signed some papers last night and put a deposit down on a new 2012 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS. We will take possession of the unit next Friday morning. We have been planning to do this after seeing one of them at the RV show this past winter. The layout, including the 1.5 baths was by far the major deciding factor. Needless to say we are very excited. I hate to wish my life away, but next Friday just can't get here soon enough. Nothing worse than that "waiting for a new TT" feeling. Pics will, of course, follow soon.

We signed papers today for our new 30WRKSS and can't wait to pick it up. It's a big step up from our little 25' Crossroads TT and we are very excited. With the 1 1/2 baths, how does the sewer hoses hook up? How many hoses do we need? This is driving my husband crazy and with it being Saturday, he will have to wait until Monday to find out from the dealer. Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated.
medja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #23

Seperate Thread with my upgrades and additons to my V-Lite

Just a reminder I have started a seperate thread with upgrades and additions to my V-Lite

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post258664

Happy Camping.....
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #24

1 1/2 baths?? Is this a 2013 or a 2012 model? Are you taking about the galley tank and drain? Our 2012 30WRKSS has 2 gray tanks one in the front for the kitchen (galley), one in the middle for the shower and sink and 1 black water tank in the middle. The middle gray water and black are drained with the drain in the back, the galley tank has it's own drain. The 3 tanks each hold 38 gallons. To have both drains set up to drain at the same time requires a Y-shaped connector to connect the two drain hoses together and then to the sewer when using a full hook up. So you need 3 hoses. If you are dumping at a dump station you just dump the front tank then pull up and dump the back 2 tanks.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #25

ShebaGinger, thanks for the info. Right now everything is very confusing to us. Yes we have 1 1/2 baths and it's a 2012 model. Our bath with shower is in the front with the 1/2 in the middle and galley in the rear. Our salesman told us we would need two more hoses along with the Y shaped connector. We just can't get it straight in our minds on how this will all hook up. I appreciate your input and it makes a bit more sense to us now. Thanks again!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #26

Ok. I looked at the floor plan. You should have a front gray water tank and a black and gray in the back. Look at the drain connection and one should have just one handle for draining and the other willl have 2. The one with 2 is black and gray water. So you will need 3 hoses. One from each connection to the Y connector and one from the Y-connector to the sewer drain. We have a Rhino hose and I will be getting another one soon. It compresses and exppands to adjust the lengthl. It is heavy duty and had caps for each end. Got it on Amazon.

Hope that makes sense
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #27

ShebaGinger........Wow! I'm beginning to understand how this will work. Really appreciate your help and time to respond.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #28

Ok you are going to need:
Camco 39765 RhinoFLEX 5' RV Sewer Hose Extension Kit with Coupler $16.87 Each (at least 2 but most likely 3 since it is 13 feet between the two drains.
Camco 39812 RhinoFLEX RV Wye by Camco $11.78
Camco 39761 RhinoFLEX 15' RV Sewer Hose Kit with Swivel Fittings by Camco $29.97

THe extensions connect to the drains and the Y and 15' hose connects to the Y and then the dump pipe.

The prices are from Amazon. Shop around but we seem to get pretty competitive prices from Amazon and since we pay $79 per year we get free 2nd day shipping on a number of items.

The 15' hose comes with a L connection that fits on the hose and then into the dump pipe.

Your dealer can verify that is whay you need.
Ofcourse you can save money and connect to the black/gray drain and when the other one needs draining move the hose over drain and and move it back or vice versa. You will not want to have the black tank draining all the time to prevent issues. Only the gray should drain all the time when you have a full hook up. At a dump station just move the hose between the two tanks and drain.

I know probably more info than you were looking for.

You are very welcome. Glad to help.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #29

Keep it coming........we need the input............thanks again!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #30

My wife and I just bought the 2013 VLITE 30 WTBSS and we love it. It sleeps 9 and has a bunk room at the nose for the kids. We have 5 kids so its very roomy and no crouding. Congrats its a great unit.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRosa2013
My wife and I just bought the 2013 VLITE 30 WTBSS and we love it. It sleeps 9 and has a bunk room at the nose for the kids. We have 5 kids so its very roomy and no crouding. Congrats its a great unit.
Congrats. We love ours too. The only difference I have seen in our later 2012 model and the 2013 is graphics and removal of door from master bedroom and added door to bathroom. Let me know how you like it.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #32

I'm not sure about the older model but ours has a sliding pocket door on both the master bedroom and the bunk house. The bathroom has a regular swinging door. This is our first camper so I don't have any other experience to compare to.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #33

Just saw the 2013 30WIKSS Flagstaff 2013 30WIKSS at the dealer. It has 3 slides 2 left and 1 right. An island in the kitchen. Very nice unit. Weighs 7550 lbs.

We are still very happy with out 2012 WFKSS. Just finished our 2nd long trip (1661 Miles each trip). Now going to concentrate in Fla. State Parks.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #34

We have a 2012 30 WFKSS... had it since Feb. And love it. We put a couple thousand miles on it this year and plan to do a big western trip next year. Love the kitchen and the lazyboys.
dville_v-lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #35

Hi dville v-lite,

We have the same model, but without the recliners....how do they do for space? We have the small swivel rockers, but would have preferred the recliners....just wondered how they do for size. Are they regular size recliners or "trailer size" (usually about 3/4 to 4/5 regular size)? Might be too big anyway, as when traveling, we have a small Haier washing machine, and a charming spinner spin dryer that we "lash" in with the chairs and lamp table. Even so, still loving this V Lite .

Gary & Constance Sir Scamp and His Phoebe

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWTTA View Post
Hi dville v-lite,

We have the same model, but without the recliners....how do they do for space? We have the small swivel rockers, but would have preferred the recliners....just wondered how they do for size. Are they regular size recliners or "trailer size" (usually about 3/4 to 4/5 regular size)? Might be too big anyway, as when traveling, we have a small Haier washing machine, and a charming spinner spin dryer that we "lash" in with the chairs and lamp table. Even so, still loving this V Lite .

Gary & Constance Sir Scamp and His Phoebe

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
Recliners are great... Regular size... not the big overstuffed ones. They work out very well, I don't think they take much more space than the swivel rockers. I'm 240 lbs. and very comfortable in them. Enjoy yours
dville_v-lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #37

I have enjoyed my V-Lite 30WRLTS. The reat living area with opposing slides makes a nice size room. I have pulled it a few miles since we got it in April 2010. People are amazed and want to see the v nose that is our bedroom closet. They also want to know how well my half ton Silverado does pulling it. I tell them I have pulled it to Pittsburg, PA and then across the state to Lancaster and then home. I average 9.5 miles per gallon. I have no complaints. Flagstaff was great when I had to send it back to IN for a design flaw. the side panel cracked when a weld over the slide broke. Enjoy, I do!
Oldman5145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #38

That is about the same MPG I get. We have towed our 30WKFSS to Chatham VA and back and to Asheville, NC and back with my 2011 Sierra 1500. Wife loves the kitchen in the V-Nose. Puts it out of the traffic pattern.

We have loved it so far. For the next year we are going to hit Florida State and County parks.