Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #1

Talking New Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

We signed some papers last night and put a deposit down on a new 2012 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS. We will take possession of the unit next Friday morning. We have been planning to do this after seeing one of them at the RV show this past winter. The layout, including the 1.5 baths was by far the major deciding factor. Needless to say we are very excited. I hate to wish my life away, but next Friday just can't get here soon enough. Nothing worse than that "waiting for a new TT" feeling. Pics will, of course, follow soon.

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and to the site. Congrats on the new unit, and may get many enjoyable trips out of it. Glad to have you aboard. Just make sure you get a PDI checklist, (can be found here if you do a search), and take with you to pick it up. Make the dealer gets everything on it, and ask a lot of questions. Have a pen and paper with you, and a camera, maybe. Good Luck and happy trails.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #3

Congrats on the V-Lite. You will love it! We love ours and have only used it for 4 nights on Memorial Weekend. We were the only V-Nose TT in the campground. It is really cool to be the only one and see everyone look at and want to see inside. Be polite and let them see how cool the design really is. Enjoy your camping I know you will not regret it.

P.S. At least you only have to wait a week. I had to wait 8 weeks and it was tough to wait. I spent a lot of time on these forums. Great people here so if yo have any questions, make sure to let us know.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #4

Thanks Windrider and pbrackney. We can barely wait for Friday to get here! We will be the only V-Nose in our seasonal site, so it will be interesting to see how many questions we get from others as they walk thru the CG.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Just traded up to a flagstaff v-lite 30wfkss. Taking first trip in it on 11 Aug to Long Point Park, Brevard county.
Our first retirement trip. Planning others such as the Ashville, NC area in Oct.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #6

We also have a Flagstaff V Lite 30WFKSS. It is FABULOUS!!! Hope your first retirement trip is wonderful! Good luck and enjoy your home away from home!
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #7

We like the V-Lite for the towing and use of space. My wife loves the kitchen in the nose. It is out of the flow of traffic.

We have 3 trips planned so far and looking forward to all of them. Plan to put some miles on the new trailer seeing not only Florida (we have seen a lot of Fla with our 1st trailer) but the US. Lots to see and do and now is the time.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #8

New W30FKSS

I fell in love with the front kitchen too. Our first trip took us from central IL to Arkansas, a month in N Texas visiting two of our sons and their families, then down to central TX, west TX mountains for a week, NM, San Diego for a week of sightseeing + adoption of two rescue poochons, up through central and N. California to visit family, up to NW Oregon for a couple of weeks visiting with a sister, then for a few days up by Seattle, WA for sightseeing, down to mountains in Utah for more spectacular sightseeing, then finally through Midwest and back home. I didn't think I would enjoy nearly three months in a trailer....ANY trailer, as I am not much of a camper....but Gary is.....I wanted to visit family and he wanted to see the country again. He also picked out the V Lite, I picked the front kitchen. We are older, so getting used to towing a trailer again, especially this long a trailer, is a bit daunting. In spite of that, we had a WONDERFUL time. The V LITE really is a home on the road, but while it is long, it is not nearly as big or heavy as many of the rigs we saw on our trip, so it really is managable!! We are planning to go out again when the weather is cooler. I hope your travels are wonderful as ours have been so far. I'd love to hear how your trips go! Hope you'll post about it! Take care and ENJOY!!!!
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #9

Thats quite a first trip in a new trailer. Sounds like you guys had a great time. We are looking forward to working our way up to a trip like that.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #10

I've had a 28ft for 4 years and have loved it. Don't get to go out as much as I would like(still working after military retirement LOL). Use it at hunting camp every year and it is great. Hope you new owners have alot of fun.
1996 Impala SS 1972 Chevelle SS
donjuanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #11

donjuanss: We know well the working after military retirement. Wife and I both retired almost 18yrs ago. Now it is time to really retire or semi-retire and enjoy ourselves.

Congrats on your retirement and a big salute for your service.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #12

We have had our V-Lite since 2011 and love it. We have the same front kitchen floor plan. Just my Wife and I and we ordered ours with minimal carpet and the light colored cabinets / wood throughout. I have done many upgrades on mine. It truly is a great coach.
Hope you enjoy. I will try to share some of the things I have done for those who are interested.

BK
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #13

Ours had the light colored cabinets in the kitchen and dark in the other areas with minimal carpets, free standing table.

Would love to hear what upgrades you have done.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #14

I too would like to hear about your mods BK.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #15

I will start a seperate thread in a day or so that way I can cover each mod within that thread. I think you will like many of the things I have done. Stay tuned. I will come back to this thread and post the link too. Have a great day

BK
BKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #16

That would be great BK. Looking forward to it.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #17

Just a note to everyone. Keep an eye on your Trail Express tires. I look mine over at every stop and noticed a deformity in one. Turns out a belt slipped and it never formed a blister or went flat but just made the tread look out of alignment. Im sure it would have blown eventually had i not noticed it. Got the spare put on and also the wheel on the ground will not mount on the spare tire rack so you will have to carry it elsewhere. I used the Coachnet roadside assistance that came with my trailer. They had it changed for me within an hour. That part worked great. This happened when I had almost 3000 miles on them. Just FYI.
dilgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #18

Thanks for the heads-up on the tires dilgerc!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #19

Hi Sheba, we're in the Atlanta area and have the same camper (purchased in mid May) and LOVE it!
ophiacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #20

We had a Jayco and after the 2nd leaky roof we began walking units on the lot of the dealer that happened to be patching it. My wife walked into the 30WFKSS and instantly announced she wanted it, also due to the front kitchen
ophiacus is offline   Reply With Quote