Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

New here - researching prior to purchase

Hello all. Chris from Indianapolis here.

We have been camper shopping for a couple of months and, through research, I keep ending up here via google......so figured I'd join!

We currently have a 2009 Jayco popup....it's been great, but we are ready for something hard-sided and more comfortable. The popup is plenty big (just two of us), but the floorplan has very little storage and we are ready to not be in a tent on wheels.

We have been attracted to the Geo-pro/E-pro lineup and have found a number of Flagstaff E-Pro 17RK models left over (2018) that are greatly reduced in price (basically at dealer invoice). Apparently this floorplan is being discontinued, likely due to the fact that it has a wet-bath. We actually like this feature because we will probably never (or not very often) use the toilet/shower....we camp in state parks usually where there are facilities.

So anyway, just here to learn.

If anyone has any input on geo-pro/e-pro quality, issues, etc, we'd be interested to hear from you. Also, we'd be interested in hearing how folks like/dislike their 17RK models and why.

Thanks all!
Indyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum from MN. Can't help with the Epro Geopro discussion, we bought our first TT in Oct 2017 and ended up w/ a Grey Wolf 23MK (rear living couples camper, but bigger than what you are looking at). We camp almost exclusively in state parks, put a hanging clothes rod in the shower , but we do use the toilet in the camper. Anyway, have fun with the selection process and good luck.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #3

Welcome from SW Ohio .
Old 01-30-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
3boxerss

Welcome from NW Ohio..

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:31 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum from central Florida.

I’m surprised that there are no E-Pro folks responding to your inquiry. Maybe if you change your topic from Inquiry before purchase to include E-Pro more members who have them will notice...

The members on this site are very helpful and we are glad to have you..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 AM   #6

Try posting on the Flagstaff forum
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:13 AM   #7
Site Team

Moved to Flagstaff sub-forum
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:39 AM   #8

Thanks for the warm welcome......and for the move to a more fitting spot. 👍🏻
Old 01-31-2019, 09:17 AM   #9
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Welcome from AZ to here, even if moved....to there....LOL.

We made a big jump from our very long-term pop up to a 5th wheel. Loving the room and comfort. But, we retired and tend to camp for several days at a spot to take in the sights, and travel/towing is so much easier with less stress. We do miss getting into the smaller sites or tighter places when boondocking.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:36 AM   #10
RV There Yet?

Just something to consider. we moved from a very large popup to a hard side. we loved that the popup you could open all of the tent ends and have a nice breeze come through. harder to do with a hard side. we ended up with a small toy hauler. we got the 17RP with the screen that comes down and covers the ramp door. when nice out, we can open it up, wen its hot and humid, we close it and its so nice! its in the size you are looking at, right around 21 feet from bumper to hitch. light and easy to tow!
Old 01-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfour View Post
Hello all. Chris from Indianapolis here.

We have been camper shopping for a couple of months and, through research, I keep ending up here via google......so figured I'd join!

We currently have a 2009 Jayco popup....it's been great, but we are ready for something hard-sided and more comfortable. The popup is plenty big (just two of us), but the floorplan has very little storage and we are ready to not be in a tent on wheels.

We have been attracted to the Geo-pro/E-pro lineup and have found a number of Flagstaff E-Pro 17RK models left over (2018) that are greatly reduced in price (basically at dealer invoice). Apparently this floorplan is being discontinued, likely due to the fact that it has a wet-bath. We actually like this feature because we will probably never (or not very often) use the toilet/shower....we camp in state parks usually where there are facilities.

So anyway, just here to learn.

If anyone has any input on geo-pro/e-pro quality, issues, etc, we'd be interested to hear from you. Also, we'd be interested in hearing how folks like/dislike their 17RK models and why.

Thanks all!
Hi Chris, welcome from indy. Look around dont be in a hurry. There is a lot of knowledge here , ask away. ,
Tony
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:09 PM   #12

We have a Geo Pro 19fbs

We bought it last April and have spent 70+ nights in it and logged more than 6500 miles. We have been relatively problem free. We've had a couple roll up blinds repaired. A rusting stab jac replaced, solar Jack on front of unit, battery disconnect switch failed, and front light failed. All have been/are being fixed under warranty. We added a rooftop solar panel that works great for boondocking. The max air fan is great. The inserts on the steps need enhancements if you have the lift kit. Not enough low or high holes to give the range needed. But we took a factory tour and spoke about it there, so they sent us 2 new sets of inserts- extra long and extra short, so all is well. jack it bike rack is great, once you get it adjusted the first time to your bikes. Sadly, we spent so many weeks in it at time last summer that we've decided to go bigger. So it will be going up for sale as soon as it gets a bit warmer out here in northern AZ. We've love the extras in the little unit, which seem to be common on foerst river but lack in other brands. Looking at Mini Lites now.
RedRockHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockHiker View Post
We bought it last April and have spent 70+ nights in it and logged more than 6500 miles. We have been relatively problem free. We've had a couple roll up blinds repaired. A rusting stab jac replaced, solar Jack on front of unit, battery disconnect switch failed, and front light failed. All have been/are being fixed under warranty. We added a rooftop solar panel that works great for boondocking. The max air fan is great. The inserts on the steps need enhancements if you have the lift kit. Not enough low or high holes to give the range needed. But we took a factory tour and spoke about it there, so they sent us 2 new sets of inserts- extra long and extra short, so all is well. jack it bike rack is great, once you get it adjusted the first time to your bikes. Sadly, we spent so many weeks in it at time last summer that we've decided to go bigger. So it will be going up for sale as soon as it gets a bit warmer out here in northern AZ. We've love the extras in the little unit, which seem to be common on foerst river but lack in other brands. Looking at Mini Lites now.
You must be waiting till it gets warmer to sell it. Northern, Az. We used ours 2 day 1 night, then winterized it. Today it is warmer here a WHOPPING -8 degrees.
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #14

Indyfour
Welcome. I have an epro 19 fbs since last June. We only got out camping with it 5 times but we love it. Seems to be pretty well made but I did have an issue with a bad circuit board for the water heater and had the TV replaced under warranty , it had a bright green pixel that never went out on the top of the screen. I think you will like the model you have chosen.
Tom
Old 02-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #15

Thanks for the replies everybody. I get the impression that most folks tend to be pretty satisfied with these geo-Pro/e-pros.

Turns out that I’ll have the opportunity to go take a look at the actual camper we may be buying in person tomorrow. We had planned on just putting down a deposit which would be refundable if we inspected and then rejected the camper upon pickup, but I just really want to see it before forking over any money (refundable or not).

I’ve been cooped up in this house for a few days (we are teachers and school canceled due to cold/snow).....I need a road trip! In the scheme of things, four hours drive isn’t that bad for piece of mind. Camper will still need to be prepped, so the plan is to bring it home later in February.

So maybe I’ll have some pics to share here after I return.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Good luck and enjoy the time looking. It is the beginnings of memories that you ....hopefully....will cherish in the years to come. We did with our pop up in my signature.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #17

Drove round trip Indy-Detroit-Indy today to look at camper. That was a haul!

Really liked the dealership....kind of an old-school outfit (been there 50 years). Nice family-run operation. Seemed very upfront and I feel like they can be trusted. The unit was nice. One issue with a cabinet door that had a broken corner joint, but I think that’s pretty common with these. The corners are held together with little plastic keys that are prone to breakage. They’ll fix it. Other than that, it was in nice (new) condition.

The plan is to go pick it up in late February. They are going to an rv show next week and requested time to do prep after that was all over......fine with me....too cold to camp. I put down a refundable deposit and signed some paperwork. $15k all in with tax, title, prep, and everything.....I feel like that’s a pretty good deal.

Here it is....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7KQTzEAcwqDd7jH6
Old 02-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #18

Hello from Lake Wales Florida. What is your tow vehicle? We purchased the micro lite 25 BDS. Wife enjoys cooking outside, and you can't beat that outside kitchen. I just add a 6' folding table for more counter space. If you cook inside, there is a model that has a front kitchen with rear living. I tow with F150 3.5 n/a with bully dog chip.
Bobh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #19

We will be towing with a 2018 4runner. Not the best tow vehicle, but I think it will be fine for us.....we generally won’t be traveling long distances. Tow maximum of the truck is 5k#....so we are well under that.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #20

New here - researching prior to purchase

Just docked our 19FD in front of our house! Been shakin’ down for a couple days.. ALL GREEN so far! And we love the Murphy bed!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7225.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	454.3 KB
ID:	196911