Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #1

New member with question about adding shelf on 831BHSS

Hello. I am a new member and own a 2010 831BHSS that we have had almost two years. First off, we are very happy with our unit and have made several "mods" since we made the purchase.
The one that I am considering now is to add a couple of shelves in the wardrobe next to the sink. We would like to use it more for a pantry than to hang clothes in. Has anyone done this and, if so do you have pictures. I am thinking of using wire shelves but will need to build some sort of a frame inside the cabinet so I will have something to attach them to.

Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.
sdadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #2

Hi and Welcome!
My husband and I had a Surveyor and we did the same thing. What we found was wire drawers in a stand. My husband modified it a little but it, anchoring it down with a couple screws but it worked out great. Just slide out the drawer to get what you need and nothing fell out when you opened the door. Sorry no picks we traded it in on our new trailer. Good luck and Happy Camping!!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #3

We did the same wire shelving in our Wolf Pack in few areas. In a couple of the cabinets, I installed the wire shelving upside down, which created a handy lip for keeping stuff in place. As for attaching the wire shelving, I just used the required wire shelving attachments that you can buy with the shelving.

Sorry, no pictures yet...
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit
We did the same wire shelving in our Wolf Pack in few areas. In a couple of the cabinets, I installed the wire shelving upside down, which created a handy lip for keeping stuff in place. As for attaching the wire shelving, I just used the required wire shelving attachments that you can buy with the shelving.

Sorry, no pictures yet...
Thanks to both of you. I have solid structure to adhere to on two sides but not all four. I will look into building some sort of framework to support the shelf. Glad to be part of this forum and appreciate all who contribute.
sdadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #5

On our older TT, I used 1x wood cleats on the sides to support the shelving.

Good luck...
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote