Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #21

Well I am guessing that no one has any concerns with the 14 inch wheels and load c rated tires and that is good. Wondering what the consensus is with the standard 13500 AC unit and whether it is enough for this trailer?
smkunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #22

I am guessing that would depend on where you are and how efficient you are. I live in Canada and so far the AC has been plenty powerful enough. We have the diamond package so the trailer is the darker colour. But I have dark skylight covers and I keep the blinds closed. Ensure the windows and doors stay shut as much as possible. Keeping as much light out helps.
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #23

We are planning on a couple months in Florida each winter, that is why we are wondering
Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #24
ARLO

We went with the 15000 btu and swapped the tires out for E rated 10 ply tires. The original equipment tires were heat checked after 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkunder View Post
Well I am guessing that no one has any concerns with the 14 inch wheels and load c rated tires and that is good. Wondering what the consensus is with the standard 13500 AC unit and whether it is enough for this trailer?
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #25

We're on our 2nd new Rockwood trailer in two years. The first was a 2604 that we camped in 101 nights in 2012. Loved it, but wanted something a little bigger, so we traded for a 3008W Windjammer (the Rockwood version of the Flagstaff V Lite). We used this trailer 96 nights in 2013 and so far, 33 nights in 2014. We have not had any major problems, and the few relatively minor problems were handled quickly and thoroughly by out dealer (shout out to Bill Thomas Camper Sales in Wentzville, MO.) We absolutely love the floor plan of the Windjammer (I know where you're coming from, Weezer!) and will definitely buy another Forest River product in the future.

As others have said, building a good relationship with the dealer is essential. Saving that $2K up front by shopping the low price regardless of where it is may sound good at the time of the initial purchase, but if and whn you need something done (and you will!) being able to call the local dealer and have them not only know who you are, but know your unit before you even get there and be willing and happy to work on it makes the $2K savings not so impressive.

Good luck in your search, whatever you buy.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #26

We have the 27 rlws and love it! We had a minor issue worth the skirting coming loose. It was covered under warranty and promptly fixed! No issues since! Love the floor plan!
cecelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #27

Next decision is whether to purchase in my home state, Michigan. Or purchase in Florida as it will be used exclusively in Florida, and most likely left down there.. I have already had a great member on this forum give me a lead on a dealer down there as I have no clue about who is good or bad down there. Guess it would just be a chance I take.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #28

I would certainly look at dealers where you will be most of the time. There are dealers who offer a better deal, but when it comes to service at another location, they may put you off because you didn't buy there. Camping World I imagine has warrantee work done buy just about any manufacture but have never tried it. Do your research diligently on which dealer to buy from and their service history. I would bet there are numerous members on this forum that could steer you in the right direction.

We went to numerous dealers offering this and that were somewhat comparative but their service after a purchase just was not there. Think back on how many cars or trucks you bought from a dealer and loved the salesman then brought your vehicle back for service and it was like day and night. These buggers are worse. They tie your TT for days and weeks even months before they get around to you. Again...do your homework before you start shopping!
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #29

Just purchased the micro lite 21FBRS and spent the last 3 days breaking it in. Very happy with it and no problems so far!
jaroberts2356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 AM   #30

One other thing that I am finding is that there has been up to a $2400 dollar difference in price on the same trailer, and of course they all tell you that they have great service, and that you can get service at any Forest river facility. This industry seems to be all over the place in consistency.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #31
NELA

Yeah, while it may be true you can "get service at any Forest River facility", if you didn't buy it from THEM you go to the back of the line.

Unlike motor vehicles, FR has NO control over expediency or even enforcement of service/warranty work thru their dealers. Every dealer puts *their* purchased units first. I've read that some dealers *may* get you in quicker if you didn't buy from them but are stranded during travel.

Look for (if you can find one) a "Route 66" certified dealer. Ours is a Route 66 dealer (Bayou Outdoor Super Center) and I simply can NOT say enough good things about them. We purchased 90 miles from home and don't regret it one minute. May have gotten our units (we've owned two inside a year) cheaper, but cheaper isn't always better when it comes to these beasts.

FTR, that Route 66 certification isn't awarded lightly. They must EARN that certification and their staff must undergo extensive training to achieve it. They are closely monitored and can lose that certification if they fail to keep up the required standards.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #32
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
We own a 6 month old Rockwood 8329ss that we've towed over 5000 miles since February. Spent 3 months in Az & the last 2 in northern Illinois heat and humidity. The 15,000 btu AC worked great sleeping under covers in 80' temps. Not a leak in 3 days of almost constant rain & thunderstorms with that roof design and the comments about the dealerships is dead on.
Had a problem with a crank out side window and went to a Campers world in Avondale Az. After 3 attempts including towing the TT to their location per their suggestion...we were told "they don't have the time to fix it" and would not even come outside to look at it. That is a bad operation!
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff