Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
CampingQueen

Have a great trip - it's so exciting to take it out for the first time! I know you will love it!

We are pulling our V-lite 30WTBS with a 2011 Expedition with the upgraded tow package. It's rated for 9200lb towing. Our TT is around 7,000 lbs loaded, plus we have a car load of people. My goal is to keep the TT under 7,500 lbs to keep from maxing out the TV.

We took our baby for the first trip up through the mtns from NC to Gettysburg PA area. The Expedition towed it like a champ all up the hills and down with no problems. I do all the driving since my husband won't drive with the TT hitched up, and I get horribly motion sick when I ride anyway. It was a little 'white knuckled' for the first couple of hours until I got comfortable with the extra size and weight, but it didn't take long to get relaxed with it.

The only time we felt any significant pull/sway was when we ran into a thunderstorm with some pretty high winds. I just slowed down and took it easy until we got through the windy area.

Safe travels and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #12

Congratulations on the V Lite 26WRB. We got ours last year in the DFW area and have really enjoyed it. We love the layout and find it very comfortable for the two of us. We are so fortunate here in Texas to have a great state park system and we are heading out again this weekend. We'll look for other V noses but rarely see any. Enjoy your maiden voyage!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandsmcd View Post
Congratulations on the V Lite 26WRB. We got ours last year in the DFW area and have really enjoyed it. We love the layout and find it very comfortable for the two of us. We are so fortunate here in Texas to have a great state park system and we are heading out again this weekend. We'll look for other V noses but rarely see any. Enjoy your maiden voyage!
Thanks for the post dandsmcd. Do you own the 26WRB? I've been all over the web seeking reviews on it, but have yet to find anyone who owns one... Looking forward to picking it up on Friday and heading out to Bastrop for the maiden voyage.

Also from Texas. We live near Canyon Lake midway between San Antonio and Austin. Where are ya'll from?

Best...
Ken sends
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsfloyd View Post
I ordered the air lift 1000 this week
Pull 2012 831 RKSS. Flagstaff , want to see the difference those will make ?
The Air Lifts will be a sea change for you. We're typically just shy of 800 lbs on the ball and run the bags at about 22 psi. They work really well.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #15

We live west of Ft. Worth. We bought our V-Lite last July and our only regret is that as we are still working we don't have enough time to spend on it! No real problems or issues with ours. It took us a couple of outings to feel comfortable with hitching up and towing and we like to stay off the interstates when possible just because we prefer the scenic routes. Let is know if we can help with questions etc. Make notes during the orientation because you get a lot of info in a short time and then when you are on your own you don't necessarily remember what they told you! Good luck and maybe our paths will cross.
Sue
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandsmcd View Post
We live west of Ft. Worth. We bought our V-Lite last July and our only regret is that as we are still working we don't have enough time to spend on it! No real problems or issues with ours. It took us a couple of outings to feel comfortable with hitching up and towing and we like to stay off the interstates when possible just because we prefer the scenic routes. Let is know if we can help with questions etc. Make notes during the orientation because you get a lot of info in a short time and then when you are on your own you don't necessarily remember what they told you! Good luck and maybe our paths will cross.
Sue
Thank you again. We also prefer the back/FM roads. Is your tow vehicle 1/2 ton?

If you get to the Hill Country, plese let us know. Lots to do and eat around here!

Ken and Pam send
'14 nights camped:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #17

Yes, we tow with 1/2 ton without problems. We try to be mindful of how much weight we add to the TT and on some of the steeper hills we may be a little slower than those behind us might like! No real advantage to the V nose as related to gas mileage in our experience, however the added room in the couch area and convenience of location of entertainment center sold us on this floor plan. I opted for the extension leaf for the kitchen counter and really like that, although I don't usually set it up for short trips and manage just fine. We have a son in Austin so get down that way now and then as we like Inks Lake SP a lot.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #18

Shake Down Cruise Complete

The PDI went well and we were in and out of the dealership in about three hours. We experienced some mild sway on the way to the campground last Friday, but once there the setup went without a hitch (so to speak)... 100+ degree days kept us inside the TT more than we would have liked, but all-in-all a good experience. More sway on the return trip, but I believe we may have been responsible as we packed more in the rear slide through storage area than we should have. Back to the dealer tomorrow to fix some minor inconveniences (no cable/satellite TV reception). Fortunately the HD antenna brought in several channels and camping isn't about TV anyway except when there's a big football game to view!!
'14 nights camped:
Old 09-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
The PDI went well and we were in and out of the dealership in about three hours. We experienced some mild sway on the way to the campground last Friday, but once there the setup went without a hitch (so to speak)... 100+ degree days kept us inside the TT more than we would have liked, but all-in-all a good experience. More sway on the return trip, but I believe we may have been responsible as we packed more in the rear slide through storage area than we should have. Back to the dealer tomorrow to fix some minor inconveniences (no cable/satellite TV reception). Fortunately the HD antenna brought in several channels and camping isn't about TV anyway except when there's a big football game to view!!
You need to get that sway looked at.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #20

Scratch,
Sounds like you had a good trip. Be sure to get the WHD correct. It took a little adjusting to get mine to where it works very good. Just cam back from a 4400 mile trip with no issues towing. Congrats on the new TT.
Happy Camping!!

Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote