Old 07-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
Wanna Be Camper
Sorry to hear of all your issues. I would stick to your guns and not let Forest River off the hook on the repairs. Just remember to keep calm in any of your conversations or emails to them as you always catch more flies with honey as the saying goes.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
Larry- Sorry not to respond sooner. We haven't had any problems with the shades other than their being a bit "stiff" to open and close. Left our Brittany spaniel alone in the TT for a couple of hours on the last trip, confined to the bedroom w/shades up to try and minimize potential for damage. They didn't appear to have been a target for her frustration. So far so good. We bought at the RV show in Houston.

Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Thanks, Ray and Steph. Just went on a hunch. Our salesman, Jeff, was heading to Houston the next day, so I was just wondering. Best of luck with your RV.
Larry Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
WOW. I have one of the first V lite trailers built, and we have 14 inch tires and rims on ours, but never any axle rubbing issues. Ours has the Al Ko torsion axles on it. We also have the day/nite shades on all the windows, and never had any problems with them either. I have had refrigerator fuse blow, slide out fuse blow, analog thermostat died, 12 volt power relay switch under the tongue area corroded and quit after 2 months old, A/c circuit board at the ceiling just went out, sliding interior doors coming off their tracks, dining table bracket repaired, original Concertone ZX 600 died the FIRST DAY home with the camper, and I'm sure a few more things I can't remember- I repaired everything myself except for the radio and the 12 volt relay And we STILL LOVE our V LITE!!! Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
I purchased my 2013 30WTBSK V-Lite in March of this year and have 6 trips in. My family and I love our V-Lite but after my last trip I noticed it was difficult to put my tire guards back on. After reading this post I checked and sure enough the door side wheel wells shows signs of rubbing and there is only @ 1 inch clearance on the ODS.... This is AFter completely emptying the trailer. Called my dealer and am scheduled to return my trailer this Saturday. I have a trip planned for August 23rd. Has anyone ever had luck with getting the dealer to give a loaner camper? or delver and pickup a rental camper to a CG? I will keep evryone updated as to the resolution.

Thank You to the OP for bringing this issue to our attention
ZPARTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #26
Hi all, we purchased a new wildwood x-lite 28BHSS trailer this year and took delivery in May. It was our first trailer after tent camping so again wanted to make sure we bought a quality one.

On our first camping trip we had a major water leak where we discovered that a screw had been put through one of the water lines to the shower upon construction.

We since had a second water leak under the sink where two pipes met and had not been tightened enough.

We just returned from a 800km round trip from Canada to Lake George when on our way back I noticed doing a walk around the trailer chunks of what looked like asphalt around the rear wheel area. Closer inspection showed that intact the rear tire was rubbing on the inside against the chassis. The tire had been worn away almost half inch and was very close to blowing.

I was very upset but relieved about what could have happened should this tire have blown at 100kph !!!!!

The gap between the chassis frame and the inside rim of the tire is not even an inch.

Needless to say that dealer came to collect the trailer last Thursday upon our return. It is still under warranty of course but I really feel that we have purchased a "lemon" The dealer is currently waiting to hear back from Wildwood as to what to do next !!!

I think I should either get my money back or a replacement trailer as it looks like a major design fault that clearly was a safety issue !!!!

Has anyone heard of any similar stories ????

eddyincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
We have the same model as you only a 2012, no problems and it has been on some rough roads. There is at least 3 inch clearance on ours and we no problems with anything in our wonderful home!
VaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
I have the 2013 vlite with bunk beds in front. Have taken it on two 800 mile trips and about 5 75 mile trips and have has no issues at all. Axles seem great, good tire distance to rims, slide outs work great, and all seems well. So sorry for your experience thus far. Hope they get it right. I do not think this is a common problem therefore I would make sure forest river makes it right. Keep us posted on the progress.

Philip, DW, 3 DD, 1 DS, and Kadie our Dog
2013 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS
2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 Liter with 3.73 Axle
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
48 Days of Camping Reserved for 2012
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #29
Did the dealer or FR say what was going on with the bowing of the black stuff in the upper lit
NHFire 152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #30
TT issues

Our 829fkss Flagstaff has been very good so far. We have been on two major trips, both over 4000 miles and 6 weeks each, Canadian Maritimes and Trip around the Great lakes and about 75 days and 2500 miles of other trips, and the trailer was flawless. We did have an issue with some delamination in the floor. FR picked up the TT and brought it back to the factory for repair. They did an excellent job of replacing the floor. They also fixed several items that were broken by us, no charge. I have been to the Ultralight plant for the tour twice and am very happy with What I observed. I would not hesitate to purchase another Flagstaff product.

rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote