Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #31

Very Impressed with Forest River Service at/after Goshen Rally

We are just back from our 2400+ mile roundtrip to the FROG International Rally in Goshen with our 2013 V-Lite 30WIKSS. I have only good things to report. For this thread I think the most important thing is to stress how sincerely intent the Forest River people were on making sure that all reported issues (and some that were not reported) were taken care of properly in a courteous and timely manner. We did some damage to slide walls in a poorly lit campground that we arrived at after dark on our first night out. (What can I say? We're newbies, but we're learning from our mistakes.)
Anyway, these wounds were entirely our fault, not a warranty or service issue, and beyond fixing at the fairground. We had it at the factory in Millersburg last Monday morning at 7 am and they had us out of there by noon. Ray saw 5 men working on the trailer.
They changed out the walls on the driver's side slides and the small panel in between and then checked all three slides for alignment and seals. They noticed the bedspread was not holding up well and replaced that, checked chassis clearance, and several other things plus they cleaned the floor and very dirty steps.
We have been very fortunate. The six months we've had the trailer have been a time of intense learning on our part. We knew very little about RVs, having previously owned tents and cabins. So far our dealer, Ron Hoover/Houston, and Forest River/Flagstaff have been very accommodating and gone out of their way to provide us with a positive experience.
I have no doubt that Forest River will stand behind their products and do what is needed. Ray and I want to encourage everyone to go to the rally in Goshen next year. The factory tour was especially impressive.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tiner View Post
Ray and Steph, we bought ours at a RV show in February also --- in San Antonio. Our couch also moves around. No straps. I'll have to keep an eye on the fabric. Have you had any issues with the day/night shade?
OK, now we have a problem with one of ouR day nite shades. On the window forward of the dining table, recliner slide. Shade was all the way to the floor when we arrived at the park here in Pigeon Forge. .

Someone mentioned an online video about re stringing them yourself. I've been searching for it with no luck. DH is gone golfing and I thought I'd try it while he's out. Anyone have a link?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #33

They (F/R) replaced our D&N shade at Goshen Rally. Teck said it is a (Bear) to restring. Good Luck! Youroo!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #34

Youroo, I'm glad you got help from FR. All we were told was the shades were not covered in the warranty --- with an RV that was only three months old. Cost us close to $60 and it also was one of the small side windows/shade. Bought the kit to restring, but quickly gave up on this. Makes me wonder what the cost will be for a big window.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Youroo, I'm glad you got help from FR. All we were told was the shades were not covered in the warranty --- with an RV that was only three months old. Cost us close to $60 and it also was one of the small side windows/shade. Bought the kit to restring, but quickly gave up on this. Makes me wonder what the cost will be for a big window.
Did you get that reply from F/R or the Dealer? Some dealers talk out (Both)sides of their mouths! PS,did you buy the F/R 2nd year (150.00$) war? Youroo!!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #36

Hello,
Our day night shades were covered under warranty.
rcnhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #37

Youroo, we ordered the RV new. The dealer said it was not covered. After purchasing the new shade, decided yesterday to contact FR. They called and said it should have been under warranty but they could not reimburse my purchase of the shade. Having trouble with a second shade --- they said to have the dealer contact them when I take it in.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #38

Rcnhoward, I am learning too late that dealerships aren't always on the up-and-up. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #39

Quote:
Youroo, we ordered the RV new. The dealer said it was not covered. After purchasing the new shade, decided yesterday to contact FR. They called and said it should have been under warranty but they could not reimburse my purchase of the shade. Having trouble with a second shade --- they said to have the dealer contact them when I take it in.
I know you bought it new,my question is did you (Purchase the F/R 150.00$ second year Warranty)? With the Stealer you are dealing with I would doubt they told you about the (2nd year 150.00$ F/R DEAL)!! Youroo!! I would also (Demand a refund on the D/N shade they made you Pay for! (From the Dealer)! Youroo!!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #40

2013 windjammer 3008w

Sorry to hear about this. I have the same problem with the wheel clearance issue as you have. Waiting for reply from dealer and factory. Serge Will keep you posted. Serge