Old 08-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #11

Yes, on the bottom of the TV remote, you must push A/V, then if you still don't get a pic, try moving the yellow jack to a different hole under the TV. There are several choices! (Mine works, now!!!) Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #12

Smile Buying a V-Lite...Perhaps.

Hello all, my Wife and I are going to look at a 26WRB tomorrow and may make the big purchase, our first rv! We are intrigued by the V design and I like the idea of hidden lp tanks and battery which I understand are in compartments which is nice. I will report back tomorrow if we decide to buy. Thank you all for your input here and wish us luck!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #13

Best of luck icefireguy! We absolutely love ours, and the V front helps cut the wind pretty good. On our unit, the entire V area is a front closet, and ours is a front bedroom slide out, and a rear living room superslide. LOTS of room! Lots of power options included with the V lite's also!! I added a second battery on mine inside the enclosed area. Randy
Old 02-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #14

We had an interest in the V-Cross by Forestriver. We saw it at the Hershey PA RV show in the Fall, but when we went to the RV show this weekend in Timonium MD, there were none there. Is the V-lite the same as the V-Cross but more lite weight and offer the same floor plan? I have the brochure from last years models on the V-Cross.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #15

Well, we did it. We signed on the dotted line today, and ended up getting a 28WFK instead of the 26 WRB, due to a price out the door we just couldn't refuse ($21,471.00) All we added is a power jack, primarily because I am lazy, otherwise it was loaded. Now I have to hustle and install oil & transmission coolers on my Tacoma so i don't kill the poor thing in the FL heat. Thanks for the encouragement and I'll be back soon.

Charlie.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #16

By the way, does anyone have suggestions on the tranny/oil coolers. Looks like there a couple major brands and will both work ok I assume.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #17
Head Rambler

Most any of the coolers will be fine. The bigger the better of course.

I just went and looked at the unit you're getting. It lists a GVWR of 6815 lbs and a dry weight of 5186 lbs. Since you say you have to add a transmission cooler I assume you don't have the tow package on your Tacoma. If that's the case it's rated for 5000 lbs towing. Even with the tow package it's only rated to tow 6500 lbs. If I were you I'd go to the dealer and see what it would take to jack that thing up and stick a Tundra under it. . Seriously, Check and see what it'd take to add the "tow package" to your vehicle. I personally would go ahead and trade for a 250/2500 and be ready for that big 5th wheel you're gonna buy next.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #18

I don't know any other ones than Transcool, available through Jeg's or Summit racing. They are pretty good. Be sure to get a good sway controlling hitch set up, as you'll need it! Mine came with the proper hitch, but they sent me out new with a "friction sway controller", basically a bar with a disc brake type pad that you tighten up, and it's connected with a small ball mount to the side of the main hitch. NOT ENOUGH!! After pulling mine home a whopping 5 miles- (some interstate)I promptly called them to see what else was available to control swaying. I got the Reese dual cam sway controller bars, and they work exceptionally well! There are other brands that are good, too- Equalizer is one. Anyway, GOOD LUCK with your new unit! The front kitchen is a neat looking design! Did yours come with the power awning? I love all the power features of the V-lites, I use a cordless drill to lower the stabilizer jacks as well, so set up is ALL power- No manual labor involved! My only complaint with the V-lite's is the holding tanks are small. We camp with no power or water or sewer hookups a lot, and we have to bring extra water (40 gal. tank). Also the stabilizers are not too stable! A wheel brake between the 2 tires on both sides helps a lot, however. Randy
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I just went and looked at the unit you're getting. It lists a GVWR of 6815 lbs and a dry weight of 5186 lbs. Since you say you have to add a transmission cooler I assume you don't have the tow package on your Tacoma. If that's the case it's rated for 5000 lbs towing. Even with the tow package it's only rated to tow 6500 lbs. If I were you I'd go to the dealer and see what it would take to jack that thing up and stick a Tundra under it. . Seriously, Check and see what it'd take to add the "tow package" to your vehicle. I personally would go ahead and trade for a 250/2500 and be ready for that big 5th wheel you're gonna buy next.
icefireguy, I don't want to be referred to the weight & length police, but Bama Rambler has made some good points here.....that is a lot of trailer for a Taco. Depending on the cab & bed combination, your wheel base could be anywhere from 109" to 140", with the most popular models being in the 127" range. Check out the towing "suggestions" at: http://www.rvtowingtips.com/how-long.htm

At a minimum, get a really good WDH/sway control, and be careful out there.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #20

Thank you guys for all the help. I have added the largest tranny cooler that will physically fit and an oil cooler to the truck today. I am having the Reese Dual Cam and a Prodigy brake controller added at the dealer on Saturday when I pick up the trailer and he's doing those both for $399.00 total which amazed me since both dealers here in Fort Myers wanted over $1000.00 for the same equipment. We don't plan to leave Florida for the time being so I won't be doing any hills and I am content to drive slowly and see the sights so I think I'll be ok. I do quite a bit of driving for my business and would hate to spend the $$ on gas all the time just to have a V8 for my occasional towing, but if I have to I will switch to a Tundra (or maybe one of those Fords if they are giving them away .

Tags
flagstaff