Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #1

new v lite trailers

Hi! Just wondering if anyone else has the new V front trailer made by Flagstaff. It has double slide outs, front closet in V area, Front bedroom w/queen bed and a heated mattress, a power awning, power tongue jack, super slide in rear, 12 volt 22" digital tuner tv, concertone 600 am/fm/dvd w/surround sound in living room area and a sub, 200 watts, the couch has a built in airbed w/a 120v. pump for inflating or deflating very quickly, and a manual inlet fur an additional 12 volt pump, if needed. Also 2 swivel rockers in back, day/nite shades, and the fantastic fan in the bathroom. All appliances are automatic ignition on gas when needed, and gas is auto switch over, too.
Flagstaff thought of almost everything on this unit, and with the V nose, it should be easier to pull, and get increased fuel mileage. Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #2

I bought a 30' V-Lite version and took it home, thats when things went downhill fast.
Found out the furnace ducting for the front bedroom was only fed by a 2" line, Also the thermostat is located in the front bedroom by the door. The long & short of the story is the living area {supplied by 2 4" heat ducts} was a sauna & the bedroom a meat cooler & the furnace never would shut off{remember the thermostat location}. Then it started to rain while My family & I were watching TV, water started leaking from the antenna, dripping onto the TV screen.
Returned unit to dealer I purchased from the day before.
I had already determined that there was no fix for the furnace ducting because it routes inside the trailer & not below through registers. There was no room to upgrade the 2" duct pipe to a 4" {space issue}.
The dealer looked at & also determined no way to fix. Dealer took trailer back & I ordered a Sabre 30BHDS.
The leaking antenna was due to a oring being omitted at the factory when built according to Forest River Rep. I spoke to on the phone.
The other V-lite sizes also have the same furnace ducting I'm told.
Unless you plan on not using the furnace I would suggest looking at a Sabre.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
We got our ordered 30WRLS Vlite on 4/3. We took it to Natchez State Park in West Tn. I had problem with sway but I think I still do not have my Equal-i-zer hitch set up correctly. I got 11 mpg going averageing 63 mph. It was cold Friday night but did not have a problem with the furnance. I did redirect the bedroom vent up towards the thermosat. It was blowing down on the floor. We love the trailer and are very glad with our chose.

David & Sheila

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #4

Just order our 30 ft. from the factory thorough a wholesaler. We are in Texas and hardly use the heater plus we have cermanic heaters. We have a 26 ft Areolite so this will be our first Forest river.........i am excited...
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #5

We have used ours "dry" camping on the other side of Orlando, and didn't need any heat, but we used all of the battery and gas features, as well as the water holding tank and pump system. It all seemed to work very well, but the grey holding tank for the shower filled up quick, and the bath sink barely had any water pressure. (shower pressure was fine). Came home and took the screen off of the faucet, it was clogged with white plastic shavings-(installation debris,I suppose),and now it works great. Also the awning puddles in the center when it rains, and you can not tilt it like other non-powered awnings. I also found out why you need deodorizers of some sort in your black water tank! When we got home, we emptied our tanks at the local campground near our house, came home and opened the door, and WHOA !!
Nuff said about that!!! Swaying even at 72 mph was no problem, but I could tell my tanks had stuff in them- it felt heavier or different when pulling.
Anyway, we love our V-lite, and can't wait to camp again! Randy
Old 07-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #6

just got ours and love it. WE spend the night in Elkhart to make sure it worked okay. Hubby loved pulling it .. and even with the extra weight the V made up for it. It is huge and i loved the bedroom and i could go on and on ...lol

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #7

Just camped in ours this weekend at Ft. Clinch, Fernandina beach,Fla. We had a great time- kids didn't want to go, so it was just the 2 of us and the dachschunds, 2 of them.
We had a problem with the refridgerator not working on electric, but it works on gas. I will check into that tomorrow. No other issues, however. We love our V lite! Ours has a little different upholstery color on the couch and table/chairs set up, but otherwise the same. Randy
Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #8

We have had ours for about 6 weeks now. We love it. We had a couple of stereo troubles but got that fixed up. I'm new to this site so hello to all. I will keep an eye on this site and reply to anything I can help with.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #9

only problem is our DVD player does not work. we get sound but no picture. Any ideas?

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
It may be a dump question to fix your video problem, but did change you TV input to AV? There are buttons on the bottom of the TV remote for TV, AV, and something else.

David

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff