Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
irt

NO heat in bathroom of 30wikss

Just got a 2015 V-Lite 30wikss, seems there is NO heat in the bathroom, anyone else have this problem?
irt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #2

Maybe there is something left from the manufacturer clogging the duct. I had quite a bit of Styrofoam pieces blow out of my AC ductwork
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

There was no register in our bathroom in our 8528RKWS either. I just used thin alum and blocked off between the alum floor joists and re-routed the basement duct to furnish air to the area between the rafters, cut the hole for a register and get heat to a larger area of the floor plus air from the register.

Don't know if you could do something similar to a tt.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
irt

I think the easiest fix is a small 500 watt oil filled convection heater tucked in behind the toilet; plenty of room there and available GFCI power.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #5

We have heat in our 27RLWS right below the shower pan. I have to tell you that it will cook your goose while perched on the commode. Really have to dump and go.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
irt

There is a vent under the shower, but the little air that comes out of it is pretty much cold
Old 10-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by irt View Post
There is a vent under the shower, but the little air that comes out of it is pretty much cold
How much (Air/Heat) is com

ing out of the Bed room vent? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #8

You most likely need to have the ducks regulated, too much air from one and not enough from another. Your dealer should do this, however if he does not....get a small electric oil filled space heater. I use my 21FBRS for work and have been in 15 degree winters. I use an electric oil filled radiator to heat my TT. Most parks do not charge for electricity. Best thing is that its silent, no noise from a fan.
Good luck...
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
We have heat in our 27RLWS right below the shower pan. I have to tell you that it will cook your goose while perched on the commode. Really have to dump and go.
True, but I usually rotate the louvres on mine so the air does not fry my feet.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by irt View Post
If air is coming out and it is not warm but the air out of the other registers is warm then yours may not be a simple problem. You will need to take the register out.

I suspect what may have happened is that the duct is not connected to the register but is blowing the hot air in the space behind the register so that what actually comes out (a) is reduced in volume, and (b) had dropped in temperature.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #11
irt

The rest of the txt is great; I suspect the vent is not connected. The txt is a permanent in a campground, and the dealer we bought from is a couple hours away. I think I will take a look at it myself. Campground shuts down on 11/1 anyway.

Thanks for all the great replies!!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #12

We have the WIKSS also. We don't get heat out of ours either. I looked at it a while back and the ductwork WAS connected. I think because it's such a small round duct that the air is cooled down before it gets to the vent. (It's only about An inch or inch and a half round duct)
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #13
irt

deer364, I think you are correct; gauging from where the duct is located there can't be much space for ductwork. Seeing that most of our use is between April and November, we'll make due with a small oil filled heated when needed.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
True, but I usually rotate the louvres on mine so the air does not fry my feet.
Then it cooks my contacts. Lol
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #15

I have the Rockwood Windjammer 3025 W which is the Flagstaff equivalent. Same issue with front shower vent. Very low volume of cold air flow with heater on. I pulled vent and it was attached. Then pulled return cover at the heater box. There is a separate 1 1/2 inch thin flex duct attached to the side of the heater box. You can even see it through the return cover. This runs all the way under the coach, across the coach, around the back of, and then finally under the shower pan to the vent. It looses all of its heat and most of the air volume due to its small diameter, very thin material, length of travel, and all the turns and bends. Just get a small portable heater.
Zolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo