Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #21

Thanks for the quick response! I love this site and the people who contribute. Awesome and thanks for the advice, I will follow your wire cutting advice. Thanks!

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #22

You're welcome. One more thing. They talk about an arrow on the side of the current sensing coil. Do not read that to say that the arrow is "pointing" at anything. They are just referring to the side that has the arrow symbol molded into it. It has nothing to do with the arrow pointing anywhere. (Verified with Tech Support.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

In case you haven't installed yet, you can get high stranded #6-3 wire that is much more flexible and easier to work with. It's more expensive, but you usually only need a foot or 2.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #24

Got it installed Friday afternoon just before our weekend camp out! Love it!!! Works like a champ and I love being able to monitor my amperage usage! Thanks for the advice and the install went without a hitch... Plus gave me a chance to wet/dry all the debri and sawdust left in the space by the factory! Peace of mind is worth every penny!

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Be forewarned that working with #6 wire is difficult. Also, you need to diverge from the instructions and cut the wires to slightly different lengths because the cable comes into one side of the box and some wires go to close connectors and other connectors are further away.
Ain't that the truth!! I installed mine yesterday, dry fit and trim until you get them right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	41964  
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #26
Perma-Newb

Hey Weezer! I’m pretty sure that the 30WIKSS does not come with a surge protector. This is what I got for mine, 30-amp Surge Protector with Voltage Protection - Progressive EMS-HW30C - Surge Protectors - Camping World. When we take delivery of ours in December sometime I’ll let you know how the install goes.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #27
NELA

Glad someone brought my thread back current. We're putting "Francis" in the shop next month for some warranty issues. I'm thinking we'll just pay to have one installed while she's there....unless the person who told me there is one on board will follow through and SHOW ME where it's located.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #28
Perma-Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Glad someone brought my thread back current. We're putting "Francis" in the shop next month for some warranty issues. I'm thinking we'll just pay to have one installed while she's there....unless the person who told me there is one on board will follow through and SHOW ME where it's located.
What kind if issues do I have to look forward to with this trailer?

Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
NELA

The first thing I'd check is under the sofa, passenger side. More than one of us has found that the sofa leg falls into an incorrectly cut wiring access hole in the floor, causing the sofa leg to pinch the wires against the rough edge of the hole.

The power jack goes out if you allow rain on it...keep it covered with a bucket or something! It's downright stupid that something built for the outdoors isn't water tight.

The day/night shades are easily broken. We have the one on the forward wall of the dining slide on the floor.

The vacuum breaker (?) on the dometic toilet has gone out. We're currently using a small bucket to fill/flush the toilet. (I hate the height of this toilet, feel like I need a foot rest.)

Plan on placing small sections of "pool noodle" on the drawer handles of the dresser in the bedroom. Without this the handles on the dresser rub the drawer facings under the bed when the slide is in (and vice versa).

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE our TT! The floor plan is absolutely perfect for us. We have the platinum package and absolutely love the upgrades. The only change we'd make is the amount of outdoor storage. The only basement storage is the one that goes underneath the bed slide.

The island sink in this kitchen is awesome and we love the Corian counter tops.

Oh, and watch out for rusting bolts on the steps. We're requesting replacement of those as well when she's in for warranty work. We bought the last of May and the rust started showing up within 2 months. Not acceptable.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #30
Perma-Newb

Thanks for the info. My wife is an aircraft quality assurance inspector and I have same kind if background so the dealers head Is going to be spinning when we are done with the pdi . I'll check for the hole, the power outlet will get a dryer vent velcroed over it when ever we hook up, and I expect some appliances to fail. As for the rust...we plan to use spar varnish on every single exposed fastener head we can find, no air= no rust. It will take some work but we should be able to get it right before we go full-timing in a couple years.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #31
Perma-Newb

I just re-read you post and I mis-understood the power jack comment. I know what you are talking about now. Thanks for the heads up.