Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Opinions on Flagstaff 831FLSS Might Buy

My wife and I are looking at trading in our old RV for a 2009 Flagstaff 831FLSS. We had also looked at Cougar, but feel the Flagstaff is better quality. Can anyone tell me what they think of Flagstaff and our model if they have one. Any information would be wonderful.

markcharice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
I can't tell you about the flagstaff but we love our Cherokee bunkhouse.

Seasonal site camping
steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
We have the 29 foot with the kitchen forward, and been real happy with our flagstall.
Just returned from a month in the top of WY and SD, and had no problems other than putting or takingg the tailer down in the rain.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Thanks for the info, i think we are going to go with the Flagstaff, my wife is scheduled to go and take it out tomorrow and see how it tows and also talk numbers.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
We have te Flagstaff V-lite 30 wrls, and LOVE it. The few problems that we have encountered have been very minor, and really are not Flagstaff's parts, anyway. We love all of the automatic and power features, and the V front makes it easier to pull. Also ours has 2 large slide outs, and the V area is a huge walk- in closet! Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
My partner and I have been looking at this model to purchase for the last 2-3 model years. We can't find any other brand that has the floorplan of this one. We really like the picture windows in the front and bedroom. Also the new larger flatscreen tv. Just hope we can swing the credit soon.
targetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
We Bought It

Its awesome and I agree, the floor plan is very nice. We like the privacy you get with the two doors on the bathroom that separate the the bedroom from the living room. We take her out on a maiden voyage this weekend to the Iowa State Fair. The camper just looks so nice, my wife and I sat in it last night in our driveway, and I am just in awe.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
Flagstaff in general

We have a 2010 Flagstaff 829fkss and I am very close to ranking it as good as our Sunline. Our last trailer was a Holiday Rambler that was a nightmere. This new trailer is far and away better built. The furnace is quiet compared to most. The A/C cools very well. The air mattress bed is very comfortable. I would recommend taking the air mattress off when not in use. It stores easily in the drawer under the couch. We pinched ours on the first trip out and it leaked. Our dealer swapped it out for a new one, and no problems since. The outside compartments had only key locks. I did install additional thumb locks to make the compartments more accessible. We only use the key locks on the road. All summer, several trips, weekends and full weeks, friends staying in it while they visited and only two problems and very minor ones at at that. Two doors needed adjustment and we had some noisy propane hoses which the dealer replaced in about 5 minutes. It tows very well behind a 1/2 ton Ford super crew, 5.4, tow package. 38 years and 10 different trailers, only two came close, our 1995 Prowler and our 2000 Sunline 280SR.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
We bought a 2009 831fkbss and are extremly happy with the quality and workmanship. This is our second Forest River product and our 5th trailer overall. Some small issues with the new unit but you will find something with any new unit. In general, you really cant go wrong with Forest River products and if something does come up, you will find that their customer support is second to none! Good Luck!
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #10

You have the exact tt my husband & I are thinking of purchasing, we just love the layout. We will be travelling full time and someone said I should be thinking 5th wheel and not travel trailer, any thoughts?
thanks Norma

Norma is offline   Reply With Quote