Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambolie View Post
Thank you for the reminder, Black! We fully intend to pick up the second year warranty and hopefully have them add on the MaxAir vent covers.

We ended up on some of the options. We did not choose the Stainless steel aps either. The salesman talked us out of the slide out topper. He said it causes grief for a lot of his customers because of ripping and wrinkles. I figure that is something we can add later if we decide we missed out on it. Ours does not come with an oven; but we mainly grill out anyway.

We did have them add the power tongue jack and they will install a WDH on our TV Saturday while we're doing the PDI.

Dustman: I do the same thing with our stab jacks too. I don't know what brand they are installing. the jack was only $100 so I am not out much of it does not workout for my taste. I guess I made an assumption that there would be a manual feature if the motor does not work... Hmmmm

Just an added bonus.. the model that we looked at ended up being the 2015. Same stuff/price; but it looks better on paper if we need to trade it in...
At $100, it won't be a Barker. It should have a way to operate it manually, but I'm only familiar with the Barker. Personally, I'd spend the extra $125 and have a Barker VIP 3000 installed and have it done with. Good luck whatever you decide.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #22

I like my manual jack. No electric motor to break, and a nice little arm workout.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #23

While I don't mind the arm workout, the push of a switch makes it real nice to hitch up and go. With the manual back up I'm good with the electric motor.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #24

I lift weights 5x per week and am all for an arm workout. BUT, my TT had a tongue weight of ~1K plus I had to lift it and the rear of the truck to move the sway bars of my Equalizer 4 point hitch on and off the mounts. Do this a few times in 100 degree heat- talk about being drenched with sweat. I actually ate some crow when installing the electric jack as I had poked a little fun to my wife at the "girly men" that couldn't even crank a jack.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #25

So... here's an odd question.

While we were looking at the units at the dealer, it looked like the power cord was two ends that PLUG in to the camper. I forgot to look at that closer and am wondering now if that was just their system as there are ext. cords from the ceiling. As in instead of pulling the cord all the way out they just plugged the ext. cord into the camper.
Zambolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #26

We bought our 2013 21fbrs in November 2012 and love it. Electric awning is convenient but seems more flimsy than the old manual in our previous 5er. Had an odor problem with a defective toilet, but Dometic replaced the model 300 with a 310 promptly and at no charge. We've considered adding a fan and cover to the vent over the bed but we both like the light the vent cover now provides. Love the counter space compared to other TTs this size. Added a memory foam topper from Costco ($145) which is extremely comfortable. Tows like it's not there. Power stabilizer jacks would have been nice but weren't available when we bought. Manual tongue jack is not a problem. Added splash guards to shower, which is a bit tight (wish there were an enclosed option). All in all, we love our Micro; it's cozy, comfy, and we can go places the bigger units can't (has allowed is to get into crowded campgrounds). Even getting into gas stations isn't much of a problem. We would definitely buy again.

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #27

Yeah, those Anderson levelers look pretty cool & no doubt a time saver.

I am a bit put off that they are made from "recycled materials" yet still cost $44 each on Amazon (cheapest price I found) And, like others, I need 2. So, $88 makes this less of a impulse buy and more a planned upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambolie View Post
So... here's an odd question.

While we were looking at the units at the dealer, it looked like the power cord was two ends that PLUG in to the camper. I forgot to look at that closer and am wondering now if that was just their system as there are ext. cords from the ceiling. As in instead of pulling the cord all the way out they just plugged the ext. cord into the camper.
Similar to what I have seen at our dealer - they have a 12 bay repair facility and those dual plugs are on all their drops
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff