Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #1

Ordering a Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS Tomorrow!

Despite snow and sleet in the forecast, my wife and I are going to our local dealer tomorrow to order a Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS. The dealer has one in stock right now that we were able to walk through, but we want a few different options including the atrium slide-out. The salesperson estimated a lead time of about 8 weeks, which will put us out to about mid-April. Does this sound feasible?
TNTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
If I would of ordered mine, it would of took about 6 weeks.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #3

Awesome!

You'll love the Atrium slide:

The difference in light and a sense of spaciousness between a "standard" 831rlbss and the atrium model is stunning! As soon as we walked into the atrium optioned model it was a no brainer, we were getting the atrium slide!

Couple more just because I can!

We were lucky, the dealer had just what we wanted already on the lot so no waiting!

Power tongue jack, power stabilizers, serta matress, slide awnings, etc....

What options are you planning on?

One thing to pay attention to in the 831 RLBSS/atrium is the lack of exterior storage, if that's important to you.

Because of the Atrium, the only outside storage you get is under the bed and a small area that the barbecue pretty much fills up.

The under bed storage is also small because it's in a slide and doesn't span the whole front of the trailer like the fixed bed models.

There are lots of interior cabinets (you loose the upper cabinets in the slide due to the windows), but if you need lots of room for things like lawn chairs/tables/ground mats, the atrium isn't going to please you there.

We accept the compromise for the pantry and plethora of other interior cabinets.

Lawn chairs and what not go into the empty truck bed.

I recommend you get at least two Maxxair II vent covers for it right away. Maybe try to get the dealer to throw them in at a good price since you're negotiating on the whole trailer...and a honda 2000 generator...and a.....well, you get the idea!

What do you plan on towing it with?

Despite the "superlight" moniker, this is a BIG trailer. Make sure to at least get yourself a good WD hitch with sway control of some sort.

Cheers

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #4

Re: Ordering a Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS Tomorrow!

Great White--those are awesome pics! The atrium slide in your pictures looks even better than a similar model we saw on the lot. We are going with the Sedona interior with the cherry cabinetry. We want the minimum carpet except in the bedroom. Also, despite what the brochure says, our dealer told us we can get the wood-look linoleum floor without the Tuscan cabinets. The Lazy-Boy recliners are a must-have! Plus, I definitely want the electric tongue jack and stabilizer jacks. I'll probably add the outside gas grill and table option, too.

I'll be towing it with a '10 F150 Supercrew with the maximum towing package (5.4L w/ 3.73 rear-end). I have a hard cover on the bed so it can address some of the storage issues with the TT. I plan on ordering a ProPride or Hensley hitch because I am leary of sway issues with a 35' TT.

It's great to hear from you, GW, and I hope to talk to you more about your 831RLBSS.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

Get the outside grill and table. Very handy option when you don't want to fill up the interior with cooking smells. You'll want the table to hold stuff (barbecue sauce, etc) while cooking.

Don't forget to get the rear ladder. Makes cleaning the roof a snap.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #6

Re: Ordering a Classic Super Lite 831RLBSS Tomorrow!

Thanks, GW. The weather was bad here yesterday, so we put off placing our order until today. We did order the outside grill and the rear ladder also. We are very excited and can't wait until April when it comes in!