Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

Our V-Lite 30WRLS is on it way..

Finally after ordering it on the 29th of March our 2011 V-Lite 30WRLS came off the production line last thursday. (we actually got a call from the western canadian factory rep to let us know last thursday that is was coming off the line that day and would be in Saskatchewan today or tomorrow, he also gave me a number to directly call him if we have any issues with the unit) So here we are tapping our fingers waiting for a call from the dealer. I hope we can go get it Friday or sat. The rep even appologized about the long wait for the build of our unit (10 weeks). Now I just have to hope our big red lemon 2008 Ram 2500 Megacab can haul it without something falling off it (today is trip #38 in 23 months for repairs or another attempt at some of the issues).

Dang I feel like a kid..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post

Dang I feel like a kid..
And that is a bad thing ??

Congrats on your new camper !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

Got a call yesterday from the dealer. Our new unit arrived shortly after lunch took 12 weeks from date of order. We have an appointment for next Friday at 3 to pick it up.. Woohoo only 6 more days.

John & Deb
Old 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Dodge Product!

First and last Dodge product! I bought a 1999 Dodge Durango loaded with the factory tow package new! It would not pull a 26 ft TT without something going wrong with the Durango. Spent more time at the shop than an employee of the shop did. It was a good thing I bought the Chrysler extended warranty. Did I ever use the warranty. Sorry brakes, two transmissions, completely rebuilt AC twice, manifold bolts breaking, Bad paint, three water pumps, replaced "clock ring" twice, speed sender from rear-end three times. Never could get the timing "KNOCK" under a load corrected. Hammered like a jack hammer. In the mountains,
I would have to pull over every 2-3 miles, shut the engine off and back on to reset computer to get pulling power back to engine. Every time I passed a Dodge dealership, I had to grab the steering wheel with both hands to prevent that junk from turning into the work bay!

I sure hope you have better luck than I did with the Dodge Product. Like I said "FIRST AND LAST". It was traded on a new F-150, what a difference.

Congrats on the new TOY, I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. I would be like a KID also. New toy (I know you are going to sleep in it the first night). It is a new toy for you, so be that kid.

Sid
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Daisy,

This is our 2nd Dodge and will be the last if I can ever get rid of it. The first a 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Laramie quadcab was a wonderful truck but was leased and sadly was not enough truck for what we wanted to haul at the time. The real sad thing about this megacab is it is just abt the worst TV that was ever made. It likes to wander around all by it lonesome so add a 33 or 34 ft TT in the mix and well white knuckle really is not a proper description. A crusher would be too good for this thing. After it's semi monthly trip for repairs last week one of the service people summed it up pretty good.. Well it's a nice truck to look at". I am at the point I think that I would sooner not RV at all than have to have a thing like this Megacab as a TV, of course the CFO sees it different hence the 30WRLS to replace the 2009 Edgewater. ANd yes we have our plans made for a Friday night sleep out.

John & Deb

Tags
flagstaff