Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #21

Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Congrats on the 21FBRS. We have had ours since last February and we love it! We tow with a 2006 F150 with the 4.6 liter V8. We get around 9 mpg overall depending on the wind and the hills. I do recommend the Tekonsha brake controller as well as the Equalizer hitch. Have fun!
How about a sway control

Gene & Betty
2011 Silverado
2013 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 FBRS
Mission, TX
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #22
The little engine that could

We tow our 2012 21FBRS with an F-150, 3.5 EcoBoost, 3.73, weight distributing hitch and friction anti-sway. Definitely overspec for the little trailer. I believe safety is the highest priority, then easy to enjoy the trip. We see 12-14mpg at 55mph highway.

The EcoBoost torque is best at low rpm, best mpg. Your small V-8 will require higher rpms to pull the trailer. You will know it's there with the small V-8, though your rear gear will help.

Get the right hitch, setup correctly (an expert), do not exceed the load capacities for the TV and TT and you should be OK.

Have fun!

HorseyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
Incheon, S. Korea
We have a P3 and love it. Our trailers are a lot smaller, but the P3 makes adjusting in-route so easy.
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #24
Originally Posted by genecusano View Post
Thanks didn't think of brake controler. What are some sugestions
Don't know if you already bought brake controller but I installed a MaxBrake on my Chev 1/2 Ton and it works great so far (after 1 camping trip and numerous trips to the CAT scale). I never had a Prodigy so can't compare. Installation is a bit tricky as the unit has a hydraulic pressure sensor that installs on the brake master cylinder but no problem for a shade tree mechanic.
Swaggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
I tow a Micro Lite 21FB, which is a little lighter than the FBRS, with a Nissan Frontier 4L V6 and it does fine. So you should have no problem.
SuwanneeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
We tow the 21 FBRS with an LR3 and I now consistently get 11.5 MPG shifting manually while on cruise control at 62 MPH.

uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote