Old 04-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #1

Problem de-winterize In 2019 e-pro 19fbs

I just picked up my 2019 E-Pro 19FBS on Friday night. I was told the camper was winterized and that I would have to De-Winterize it.
I found the Following instructions below. I am on step 4, but I cant get a consistent flow of water if any water to flow from the faucets.

So I opened up the access panel to take a look at the Water system. Here is what mine looks like (File-45.jpeg). Which, this setup should be “Winterized Correct”?
Do I need to turn any of the valves to de-winterize? From the instructions from Forest River I shouldn’t have to turn anything until step 8. I am a little confused as the instructions don’t state that I need to turn any valves until 8, but I cant get any water to come out of the faucets.

1. Drain all holding tanks (fresh water and sewage).

2. Attach garden hose to fresh water fill and fill tank.

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

4. Open cold water side of all faucet/shower fixtures. Leave open until the water runs clear (no pink residue). Repeat for the hot water side.

5. Flush toilet until clear water runs into bowl.

6. Dump tanks again.

7. Sanitize the water system. (Refer to that section in this manual.)

8. IF a water filter has been installed, drain the lines, remove the assembly, clean and reinstall using a new filter.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file-47.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	202383  

DustinMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #2

Picture of Valve settings for Hot,Cold, and Bypass

Do any of you have a picture of your valve settings (Hot, Cold, Bypass) either winterized or de-winterized. I have a 2019 E-Pro 19FBS and trying to dewinterize, but i am not getting any water from the cold or hot water faucet. I am following instructions from online manual to de-winterize, but i cant get any water flow.
The dealer i picked it up from yesterday said its in Winterize mode and I have to dewinterize it. I would like to view a pic from someone to compare to mine, just to confirm what dealer said.
Any help or pics appreciated. I have attached picture of what my setup looks like now and how it was when I picked it up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	file-47.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	202382  

Old 04-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Team

I can see pink antifreeze in your water filter canister on the right.

Your two bypass valves at the tank are correct for normal use now. Are you using the city water connection or your freshwater tank for water?

This thread may help

NO (OR LUKEWARM) HOT WATER -Please read first

The valve at the line at the water pump is what may be incorrect.

Just imagine, for a moment, if there were no hypothetical situations.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
Site Team

This valve I'm pointing to:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pump valve_LI.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	202387  

Old 04-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I can see pink antifreeze in your water filter canister on the right.

Your two bypass valves at the tank are correct for normal use now. Are you using the city water connection or your freshwater tank for water?

The valve at the line at the water pump is what may be incorrect.
I am trying to use the fresh water tank as the de-winterize instructions state, but nothing is comming out. A little pink came out but never turned clear and nothing is coming out anymore.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinMobley232 View Post
I am trying to use the fresh water tank as the de-winterize instructions state, but nothing is comming out. A little pink came out but never turned clear and nothing is coming out anymore.

You actually have the hot water heater tank valves open, so you are most likely going to be filling it with antifreeze water. You are supposed to flush with the lines still in the bypass mode. Please read the link I post previously.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #7

That should be bypass valve, but it doesn’t say to turn that until instruction 8. Here is what I have for instructions

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

4. Open cold water side of all faucet/shower fixtures. Leave open until the water runs clear (no pink residue). Repeat for the hot water side.

6. Dump tanks again.

8. IF a water filter has been installed, drain the lines, remove the assembly, clean and reinstall using a new filter.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinMobley232 View Post
That should be bypass valve, but it doesn’t say to turn that until instruction 8. Here is what I have for instructions

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

6. Dump tanks again.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank.

No that does not appear to be the water heater tank bypass valve. You have the two valve system, explained in the link I posted, and copied below:

NO (OR LUKEWARM) HOT WATER -Please read first

More Forest River products are coming with this type of 2 valve system, shown in the pic below. If you have this type, then you want both of the valve handles facing the tank for normal usage, as shown in the pic below:

(thanks muletrain for the pic)

The problem can be that FR manuals are sometimes generic and do not cover all the different systems that their RV's may have between different lines.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Site Team

The valve I'm pointing at could be the suction port valve for adding antifreeze to the system...but I need a better pic than you have to be sure, as I can't really see the lines behind it and where they come from/go

See this pic, which just has the valve on the bottom, but it appears to be like yours.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
Site Team

The antifreeze suction port (and valve) allow you to suck antifreeze into the RV lines using the RV water pump during winterization like below:

Tags
bypass, valve, winter, winterize