Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #1

Problem de-winterize In 2019 e-pro 19fbs

I just picked up my 2019 E-Pro 19FBS on Friday night. I was told the camper was winterized and that I would have to De-Winterize it.
I found the Following instructions below. I am on step 4, but I cant get a consistent flow of water if any water to flow from the faucets.

So I opened up the access panel to take a look at the Water system. Here is what mine looks like (File-45.jpeg). Which, this setup should be “Winterized Correct”?
Do I need to turn any of the valves to de-winterize? From the instructions from Forest River I shouldn’t have to turn anything until step 8. I am a little confused as the instructions don’t state that I need to turn any valves until 8, but I cant get any water to come out of the faucets.

1. Drain all holding tanks (fresh water and sewage).

2. Attach garden hose to fresh water fill and fill tank.

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

4. Open cold water side of all faucet/shower fixtures. Leave open until the water runs clear (no pink residue). Repeat for the hot water side.

5. Flush toilet until clear water runs into bowl.

6. Dump tanks again.

7. Sanitize the water system. (Refer to that section in this manual.)

8. IF a water filter has been installed, drain the lines, remove the assembly, clean and reinstall using a new filter.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file-47.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	202383  
DustinMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #2

Picture of Valve settings for Hot,Cold, and Bypass

Do any of you have a picture of your valve settings (Hot, Cold, Bypass) either winterized or de-winterized. I have a 2019 E-Pro 19FBS and trying to dewinterize, but i am not getting any water from the cold or hot water faucet. I am following instructions from online manual to de-winterize, but i cant get any water flow.
The dealer i picked it up from yesterday said its in Winterize mode and I have to dewinterize it. I would like to view a pic from someone to compare to mine, just to confirm what dealer said.
Any help or pics appreciated. I have attached picture of what my setup looks like now and how it was when I picked it up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	file-47.jpg
Views:	3045
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	202382  
Old 04-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Site Team

I can see pink antifreeze in your water filter canister on the right.

Your two bypass valves at the tank are correct for normal use now. Are you using the city water connection or your freshwater tank for water?

This thread may help

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...st-103381.html

The valve at the line at the water pump is what may be incorrect.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
Site Team

This valve I'm pointing to:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pump valve_LI.jpg
Views:	3201
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	202387  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I can see pink antifreeze in your water filter canister on the right.

Your two bypass valves at the tank are correct for normal use now. Are you using the city water connection or your freshwater tank for water?

The valve at the line at the water pump is what may be incorrect.
I am trying to use the fresh water tank as the de-winterize instructions state, but nothing is comming out. A little pink came out but never turned clear and nothing is coming out anymore.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinMobley232 View Post
I am trying to use the fresh water tank as the de-winterize instructions state, but nothing is comming out. A little pink came out but never turned clear and nothing is coming out anymore.

You actually have the hot water heater tank valves open, so you are most likely going to be filling it with antifreeze water. You are supposed to flush with the lines still in the bypass mode. Please read the link I post previously.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #7

That should be bypass valve, but it doesn’t say to turn that until instruction 8. Here is what I have for instructions

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

4. Open cold water side of all faucet/shower fixtures. Leave open until the water runs clear (no pink residue). Repeat for the hot water side.

6. Dump tanks again.

8. IF a water filter has been installed, drain the lines, remove the assembly, clean and reinstall using a new filter.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
That should be bypass valve, but it doesn’t say to turn that until instruction 8. Here is what I have for instructions

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

6. Dump tanks again.

When ready to use the water heater, turn bypass valve to open position to allow water to enter and fill the water heater tank.

No that does not appear to be the water heater tank bypass valve. You have the two valve system, explained in the link I posted, and copied below:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1826511

More Forest River products are coming with this type of 2 valve system, shown in the pic below. If you have this type, then you want both of the valve handles facing the tank for normal usage, as shown in the pic below:

(thanks muletrain for the pic)

The problem can be that FR manuals are sometimes generic and do not cover all the different systems that their RV's may have between different lines.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Site Team

The valve I'm pointing at could be the suction port valve for adding antifreeze to the system...but I need a better pic than you have to be sure, as I can't really see the lines behind it and where they come from/go

See this pic, which just has the valve on the bottom, but it appears to be like yours.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
Site Team

The antifreeze suction port (and valve) allow you to suck antifreeze into the RV lines using the RV water pump during winterization like below:

Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:

3. Turn ‘ON’ water pump.

6. Dump tanks again.

Did you actually fill the fresh water tank?

It does appear you have the antifreeze suction port valve turned to where when you turn on the water pump, it is going to draw water from an antifreeze source, which you do not have.

Turn that valve 90 degrees and see if the water pump then will draw from the fresh water tank.

However before you do such, as noted, you now have the hot water tank valves open and it is going to fill that tank with antifreeze water (which you do not want). I would close the two bypass valves there before turning the antifreeze valve and turning on the pump.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Did you actually fill the fresh water tank?

It does appear you have the antifreeze suction port valve turned to where when you turn on the water pump, it is going to draw water from an antifreeze source, which you do not have.

Turn that valve 90 degrees and see if the water pump then will draw from the fresh water tank.

However before you do such, as noted, you now have the hot water tank valves open and it is going to fill that tank with antifreeze water (which you do not want). I would close the two bypass valves there before turning the antifreeze valve and turning on the pump.
Yes. The fresh water tank is full.
I think that it may be like you said, looking for the antifreeze port, which there is nothing hooked up to that. On the E-Pro, there is an outside port under the city fill connection to hook antifreeze up to. I have not touched any of the valves. They are like they where when I picked up the camper. That is how I got it from the dealership and they said the camper is currently Winterized and I will need to de-Winterized. But who Knows, maybe they opened the valves and forgot they did or told me wrong. Just adds to the confusion.

The online instructions state:
Turn water heater bypass valve to bypass position by opening the Bypass Valve (A) and closing the Hot (B) and Cold (C) Valves. See Illustrations W1 & W2. Valve handle in line with water line is open valve position and perpendicular to water line is closed. (These valves are located near the water heater incoming lines at the rear of the water heater.

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...4-A12295F46267

And then I found some PDF instructions that state. To bypass Hot Water heater: Turn (A) valves to parallel with the hardline and (B) valves to Perpendicular. Attached.

Think at this point I will just take back to dealer. Shouldn't be this hard or confusing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf winterize.pdf (538.2 KB, 194 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:31 AM   #13
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Winterizing and Dewinterizing really isn't hard or confusing if you understand the system and what the valves do. Unfortunately not every R/V has the same set-up and it is apparent your dealer did a poor job of explaining an important part of R/V 101 on your particular unit to you. Not your fault, theirs!

Hopefully, should you return to them (as you mentioned) they will do a better job of physically showing you this process, including replacing/installing a water filter element in the canister in your 1st photo.

Have them go over other important things like how the water pump works, using a water pressure regulator, battery disconnect (if equipped) 12 volt DC systems and 120 volt A/C systems, how the awning works, stabilizer jacks, etc., etc.

This should have all been covered in your PDI/customer orientation.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #14

Water valve

Looks to me like they are off should be turned so handle is in line with the hose
johnlochbuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #15
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlochbuie View Post
Looks to me like they are off should be turned so handle is in line with the hose
John, look at the photo closely.

It is a two valve system. There is NO valve in the bypass line between the two valves. (hard to see as it goes behind the pump suction line that does have a valve) but in this set up, the valve handles point towards the tank to show direction of flow.

If they are turned so they are in line with the hose it means the flow goes through the valve, through the bypass line and back through the other valve. Tank bypassed.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Do any of you have a picture of your valve settings (Hot, Cold, Bypass) either winterized or de-winterized. I have a 2019 E-Pro 19FBS and trying to dewinterize, but i am not getting any water from the cold or hot water faucet. I am following instructions from online manual to de-winterize, but i cant get any water flow.
The dealer i picked it up from yesterday said its in Winterize mode and I have to dewinterize it. I would like to view a pic from someone to compare to mine, just to confirm what dealer said.
Any help or pics appreciated. I have attached picture of what my setup looks like now and how it was when I picked it up.
Dustin
This should help.
TC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ANTIFREEZE your UNIT 10G,TENTS.PDF (1.12 MB, 208 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #17

If you are not getting any water through hot or cold, your water pump may be air locked. Did you fill the fresh water tank completely as this normally helps to push air out of the pump.
Jerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrell View Post
If you are not getting any water through hot or cold, your water pump may be air locked. Did you fill the fresh water tank completely as this normally helps to push air out of the pump.
Yes, it is fill.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc cruiser View Post
Dustin
This should help.
TC
I have that, but that is different than what the online directions say to do.

I did get an email from Forest River, and they confirmed that my unit is in "Winterize" mode. The only thing I didn't get answer on is the bypass valve that has 3 hoses (2 white and 1 blue) coming from it. All the pictures they send and that is in the instructions don't show that many hoses coming from bypass.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
John, look at the photo closely.

It is a two valve system. There is NO valve in the bypass line between the two valves. (hard to see as it goes behind the pump suction line that does have a valve) but in this set up, the valve handles point towards the tank to show direction of flow.

If they are turned so they are in line with the hose it means the flow goes through the valve, through the bypass line and back through the other valve. Tank bypassed.
I did get response from Forest River that the way it is currently is in "Winterize" however they did not answer the bypass valve question. I'm running over to the lot soon to look at closely. I just don't have a lot of room to get in there.

Tags
bypass, valve, winter, winterize