Old 04-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #1

pin box replacement

I have a 2017 8528rkws and it came with the Reese Revolution, which I don't use. Because it bucks and bounces, I would like to install a airbag and shock pin box. When I checked it looks like there are only 2(two) bolts holding the pin box to the trailer. So does anyone know of a solution?
Thanks
OSD

oldstairdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
The two bolts just lock the hitch to make it not swivel

bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to B and B
The Revolution pin box is narrower than a standard pinbox. There are at least 8 bolts, Sold my rockwood so I can not look at it right now.

When you buy your air ride hitch it might be hard to find one that will fit the trailer.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Rev is 10" wide, standard width is 12".....And there are 8 bolts, 4 per side....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #5

quick update to question! There are 4 bolts not 2 that attach the pin box to the trailer(2 on each side),and these are not the ones that lock the pivot point.
So, what about Reese "5th Airborne"? Or, does this mean I'm stuck with this pin box?
oldstairdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:15 PM   #6

Oldstairdog did you ever get an answer I emailed Lippert about the trail air and they said they do not make one that will replace the Reese revolution trying to find out if MoRryde does or not please post if you have any new information thanks
Mikeyt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt56 View Post
Oldstairdog did you ever get an answer I emailed Lippert about the trail air and they said they do not make one that will replace the Reese revolution trying to find out if MoRryde does or not please post if you have any new information thanks
My 2017 came with the Lippert version of the Revolution and after taking measurements, I found that it is custom sized to the Lippert frame. Your search for a replacement may be fruitless. Seems FR made a deal with the devil on this one...

I hope you are not in that boat.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #8

oldstairdog....

I was amazed at the ride comfort after installing My Trail-Air PinBox.

Can't help but think how much less stress there must be on the 5th wheel frame now.

The ride in the cab is way more comfortable for driver and co-pilot.
Almost non existent chucking and no more 'road shuffle' of items inside the 5th wheel from traveling.

I highly recommend the Trail Air Tri-Glide or any air ride system for that matter.

I am confused as to why only 2 bolts holding the pinbox to your rig?
It must be misaligned or something .
There should be a minimum of 4 bolts and even more depending on how many mounting holes line up after you establish at what height you need to install it at.

The Trail Air Pinbox will add some extra space between the truck and 5th wheel by a few more inches from bumper to 5th wheel, and possibly a few inches in bed rail to 5th wheel... all depends on hitch type and truck.

hope this helps

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #9

I thought I would post a picture of my choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	156174  
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #10

I have a TrailAir on my trailer and don't think it makes much difference. I still have a lot of chucking. Had a TrailAir Tri Glide on my last rig and it worked very well but they don't make them anymore. If I was going to spend the money I think I would go with the Mor Ryde pin box. When I look in the mirror the most movement I have seen out of my TrailAir is maybe an inch and a half on the big bumps. Just don't feel it does much
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #11

I have the revolution pin box on my 8289WS. I have been using the Hensley BD3 air hitch ever since day one with this trailer. Bought the BD3 to get rid of the harsh ride pulling my previous 5er, a Cougar. Very happy with the BD3, best $$$ I've spent. I watch the 5er float over the bumps and expansion joints in my rear view. You get what you pay for with the Hensley. I don't have anything to do with Hensley other than being a very happy customer.
PhoneDude 8289 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #12

So I have talked to ForestRiver Lippert and Reese they all say there is no replacement air pin box for the Reese Revolution but I received an email today from MoRryde and they have just developed a pin box called Orbital that can replace the Reese Revolution
See email copy below...

Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in our products! We actually just developed a version of our Rubber Pin Box to replace the Reese Revolution call the Orbital. It will have the same rotation feature the Revolution offers while still providing the benefit of the rubber spring in our Rubber Pin Box. Itís brand new so itís been designed and tested, but we havenít started production yet and wonít be available for purchase for 3-4 weeks.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #13
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt56 View Post
So I have talked to ForestRiver Lippert and Reese they all say there is no replacement air pin box for the Reese Revolution but I received an email today from MoRryde and they have just developed a pin box called Orbital that can replace the Reese Revolution
See email copy below...

Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in our products! We actually just developed a version of our Rubber Pin Box to replace the Reese Revolution call the Orbital. It will have the same rotation feature the Revolution offers while still providing the benefit of the rubber spring in our Rubber Pin Box. Itís brand new so itís been designed and tested, but we havenít started production yet and wonít be available for purchase for 3-4 weeks.
Keep us posted on any additional information. I'm definitely interested.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #14

pin box replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Keep us posted on any additional information. I'm definitely interested.

So not sure if anyone is still interested but MoRryde has come out with a replacement for the Reese Revolution pin box called the Orbital pin box RTPB77-1622-03 if you order this part # it comes with mounting hardware there are a few different part #s based on trailer gvwr if you need a point of contact you can email Brendan Aukerman at MoRryde Brendan.Aukerman@morryde.com, he can help get the right part number. I ordered one today through Makarios Rv called Trey at 765-575-8496

Tags
replacement