Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Plumbing

I love my 2010 Flagstaff 8528BHSS and need a point of contact or reference on installing a cross connect hose with a cutout valve if poss. from my galley tank to my grey tank. As a full timer I often find a campsite without full hookups and it would help if I could drain the galley tank into the grey tank. I would like to review the elevations of both tanks and research the ability to cross connect with out going outside or crawling under to perform this function. Any takers out thier???

Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You need info from member 'dunnc' as he's tied the two tanks together on his 8528RKWS. Send him a PM if he doesn't respond to this post.

I'm surprised that you need to empty the galley into the gray tank. With the 2 of us, we find the galley tank capacity about 12 days but the gray only 4 days with both of us showering in the camper.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Thanks for the response. I have seen the PVC tie (with pixs). This looks like it will fill the dump line (after the shower grey tank shutoff valve). I'm looking to xfr tank to tank, not drain to drain, if poss. My specs state a grey tank cap of 75gal. I'm thinking the galley is 25gal and the shower is 50gal. Spec book doesn't show the difference, nor does it even show a galley tank? The wifey loves to rinse and rinse and rinse the dishes (we do use paper/plastic a grunch too). With a campground shower avail we never fill the shower/grey tank up half way.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

All three tanks, black, gray and galley are the same size...38 USG. I think the tank layout is the same on all the Rockwood/Flagstaff fivers except with the half bath. The black and gray tanks are side by side (running north/south) under the basement. The fresh tank tank is centered over the axles (oriented east/west) and the galley tank just behind the axles (also oriented east/west). All tanks are mounted between the frame rails at the same elevation.

The piped mod that dunnc has done and posted pictures of will also equalize the levels in the two gray tanks when both valves are open and the black tank valve closed (of course).

He's done a great job on this mod...I can't think of any other practical way to tie the two together.

Dave

Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica
You need info from member 'dunnc' as he's tied the two tanks together on his 8528RKWS. Send him a PM if he doesn't respond to this post.

I'm surprised that you need to empty the galley into the gray tank. With the 2 of us, we find the galley tank capacity about 12 days but the gray only 4 days with both of us showering in the camper.

Dave
Dave you should be saving water if both of you are showering together
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Dave you should be saving water if both of you are showering together
Ha! There's no room for two unless your 'stick' people!

Dave