Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Possible Newbie!

Hello, I am a little premature in that I have not completed a purchase. My wife and I currently have a gas class A motor home. A National RV Sea View 34 ft 'er. We have decided to trade it for a travel trailer and are strongly considering the Flagstaff Super lite 26rlss. It is a new, left over 2013. The dealer is down to $23,895. Not too concerned about the price as I have done some research and found others for $28,000 and $30,000. I would like any advice on this unit. Looking to make the trade in the next couple weeks to take advantage of Labor Day Holiday! Thanks for any help.

Mehbluedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
We are also not quite newbies! We can't decide what to buy. My hubby's dream has always been a Class A MH. We think we should start smaller and work our way into it - plus we can only take short trips for the next two years or so.
Just curious, why do you want to switch? What have been the downside to a MH? One thing we are now thinking, is to maximize travel across country, to stay below 35' to fit into state parks. It looks like you made that have you been able to get into any location you've wanted?

HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
I grew up taking a travel trailer everywhere we went. My folks now have a 36' fifth wheel (their third). I started with the Class A gasser. Wanted to be different! We still work full-time so our camping days are still numbered. We didn't go the extra expense of setting up a dinghy tow vehicle so we were always without local transportation. We got into any State Park we wanted. Most have sites up to 45' some have pull-thru's that accommodate the biggest Prevost. Our problem is the idle time in storage. The motor home is always needing something every time I go over to run it. Seems that sitting idle in storage is harder on the motor home. Have the engine, transmission, generator etc., to worry about. I already have a 3/4 ton Dodge truck so pulling a TT is not an issue. I guess if money were no object and we had plenty of time for travel, I would be in a Class A diesel pusher with a tow dinghy!
Mehbluedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Although not the 26rlss, we love our 27RLWS. We have had no major issues yet, We use her extenively. Easy and quick to set up, hauls well, and the floorplan is perfect for our needs. I highly recommend the Flagstaff line of TT.
2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500
1998 21' Thor (doesn't everyone need 2 TT's?)
eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote