Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #11

Now we are getting warm. Thanks for the tip, JT.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

As was indicated before- there is no commercial product such as these. Simply tying down a power awning isn't sufficient as the arms need support help themselves. They're just not strong enough to take a whole lot of wind.

OldCoot first made up a set of "Power Awning Tie Down Poles", but stopped making them a short time ago. A few of us were lucky enough to buy a set of his originals. From there, ]f1100Turbo started making a kit with Old Coot's design as the basis with a handful of changes to the design. If you send him a PM (I've linked to his profile- go there and you can choose to send him a PM), I'm sure he'll hook you up with a set.

Most people install the poles so that they're always mounted to the camper. With my OldCoot poles, I installed the mounting bracket to the pole and simply mount the poles when I want them out. I'd really like to find a place to paint them up (I look like a "slow" monkey with 2 left hands when I try to paint things!) before I permanently mount them.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
NELA

tonight's weather here in Pigeon Forge has made up my mind about those poles....beautiful weather all week, left the park this evening for one more run down the parkway before leaving in the AM....big wind and lightning came up, and with the weekend visitors suddenly the parkways was an 8 mile parking lot.

I was a nervous wreck trying to get back here to the RV park because we'd left the awning out.

Yep I'll be contacting Turbs for a set on Monday.

thankfully all is well and we'd set one end lower to dump the rain, and some wonderful person had brought our flag in and stored it under the awning.

BTW, *huge* classic car rally here next weekend....hundreds have already arrived.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
tonight's weather here in Pigeon Forge has made up my mind about those poles....beautiful weather all week, left the park this evening for one more run down the parkway before leaving in the AM....big wind and lightning came up, and with the weekend visitors suddenly the parkways was an 8 mile parking lot.

I was a nervous wreck trying to get back here to the RV park because we'd left the awning out.

Yep I'll be contacting Turbs for a set on Monday.

thankfully all is well and we'd set one end lower to dump the rain, and some wonderful person had brought our flag in and stored it under the awning.

BTW, *huge* classic car rally here next weekend....hundreds have already arrived.
We've had small windy isolated t-storms daily this weekend...my neighbors are constantly opening & closing their awnings around storm events as my awning pole setup stays put...gotta love this mod! ,)

Tags
awning, power