Originally Posted by rohlingerrv
Talk about a rude awakening!
, never smelled any gas, unhooked the tanks anyway. Finally had to pull fuse to silent alarm. Camper is 4yr old, cant figure out why it went off. maybe bad sensor? but the oddest thing was my 12yr old son raises his head and says " Dad whats that noise?" I said get your tail out of the bed!
Unhooked the propane tanks? If there was a gas leak, it would have been inside of the unit.
1) Grab fire extinguisher. Get out of unit asap....Get everyone safely away.
2) shut off propane at tanks
3) unplug unit so no sparks
4) If unit is not on fire 'yet'... open doors and open windows.
5) No gas smell???? no rotten egg smell??? let unit air out 15 minutes more.
6) Turn power back on and leave gas tanks closed
7) If alarm goes off with no gas on, you may have a low battery or convertor is acting up, or alarm shorting out and needs replaced
8) If this is in the middle of the night, I would leave the gas tanks off and all of the windows opened to have good air flow until in the morning. We do not want to go to sleep and never wake up.
9) fix what is wrong and sleep better the next night.