Old 08-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #1

Pull-Out Faucet

I put off changing the Kitchen faucet in the 21FBRS because I thought it would be a limited space/blue air/pain-in-the-butt job. Turns out that it was pretty easy. I bought a Phoenix pull out faucet from Camping World ($107)and a couple of 1/2" pex swivel connectors at Home Depot.

The working space under the sink looks very tight, but it's not. I have very large hands and had plenty of room to get to around. I had to trim a little (very little) around the center hole so the new faucet would fit. Cut the water lines to length and change fittings from the right angle swivel connectors to straight connectors. It took about an hour, but most of that time was checking clearances, removing and replacing drawers (PITA), and finding tools.

The result is wonderful. The old gooseneck faucet would splash water all over the counter each time we used it. With the new wand, there is no splash whether we use shower or stream. I should have done it last year.

PS. It looks better too.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #2

I bought a Moen pull-out faucet with sprayer @ HD...complete unit for about 80 bucks. Sure makes life easier.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #3

We went the (Other way),replaced the Fac.Pullout with a (High Rise) with threaded end.That way a water filter can be used on the end. The faucet is a metal Moen home style. Youroo!!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
Plain Old Member

We changed all faucets to Pfister and Moen, and also added shut off valves while doing so.

Sent by ME
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Was told by someone once you couldn't go to the hardware store to replace this, knowing this now plastic kitchen faucet is going away. will be looking for a new one.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #6

Hmmmn. Camping World got me again. Like Mark I didn't know that residential faucets would fit in an RV. I've had some nightmare plumbing experiences trying to use residential plumbing parts on an older mobile home, so I went straight to the RV parts. Live and learn. What's worse, the faucet is $30 cheaper on Amazon! (Oh well, that pales in comparison to the small fortune I lost when I traded in my Coach House.) Nonetheless, it is a higher quality part that works and looks better than the original.

We use a high rise pull out at home but the sink is a whole lot deeper than the very shallow sink in the 21FBRS. Youroo, you must have some nice deep sinks. If not, how do you control splash?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
Hmmmn. Camping World got me again. Like Mark I didn't know that residential faucets would fit in an RV. I've had some nightmare plumbing experiences trying to use residential plumbing parts on an older mobile home, so I went straight to the RV parts. Live and learn. What's worse, the faucet is $30 cheaper on Amazon! (Oh well, that pales in comparison to the small fortune I lost when I traded in my Coach House.) Nonetheless, it is a higher quality part that works and looks better than the original.

We use a high rise pull out at home but the sink is a whole lot deeper than the very shallow sink in the 21FBRS. Youroo, you must have some nice deep sinks. If not, how do you control splash?
Our RV sink is (7 5/8 deep) our home sink is (8 3/4 deep). Swing radius of RV High rise is (9in) which meets the drain. I don't experience any more (Splash) doing (Dishes) in the RV than at Home! Youroo!!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #8

These are the reasons I come here, to learn about my trailer and make things so we will be able to spend more time traveling and less time sitting at home.

Tags
faucet