Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #1

Purchased a 2014 Micro lite FBRS

After a year of trying to decide between a HT Flagstaff Super lite or something smaller we finally ordered our Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FBRS. We are excited about being able to go ASAP! I would like to hear any tips, comments etc. from other owners!!

Thanks,

A Happy Camper
Vpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #2

The DW did pretty much the same thing. Took us around a year to decide and the 21 was one of the options. Found we needed a little more space and picked up the 27RLWS
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #3

We have a 29 ft Salem BHSS that we keep at a campground at Table Rock Lake. My DH didn't want to pull something that big and our kids are grown. We leave it there for the family to use and we get together a lot. We bought this smaller one because we didn't want anything too large. I hope we don't feel too cramped😳we've camped a long time though and when the kids were little it was all 8 of us in a popup!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #4

In my experience, there is plenty of room for two people. The only area that feels cramped is the shower. It's pretty tight. Other than that, the open layout creates a sensation of spaciousness beyond its actual dimensions. It's easy to tow and park. It's light so you can load up the back of your tow vehicle.

The only tip I would offer concerns the shower. Get some splash guards (at least 30 inches) for the shower. Several owners have reported runoff problems without them. Also, check all your water fittings to ensure that they are tight. Water is the arch-enemy of RVs.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #5

Congrats on your decision to go with a new Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FBRS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #6

Congrats on the purchase. We purchased ours last year and are very happy with it. Some mods we did include.

Removed the water filter.
Added extra support to folding shelf.
Added towel rack in bathroom.
Added bug screens on vents.
Added LED strip light to outside.
Added screen door bar.
Replaced 300 toilet with 310 because of stink.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #7

I have heard about the 300 also. Waiting to see what it does when it warms up. Seems a lot of folks complaining about the Dometic 300.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #8

waiting for mine

I am waiting for the dealer to call with a delivery. I guess the factory is closed for MLK
wnelsonfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Vpierce, welcome to the forum. Your 21FBRS is the same as my Mini Lite 2109S. For just my wife and I the size works just fine. The shower is tight but doable. I haven't noticed any problem with the toilet. These units are a hobby. There will always be some improvement or "mod" that you will want to do. As JohnF said, I want to add support to the folding shelf this summer.

My "mods" so far:

Fantastic vent covers over both vents
4" topper for mattress
Winegard Wingman attachment for antenna
Winegard SensarPro signal meter
Fan in refridge
Shelf/towel rack in bathroom
Towel bars on inside of bathroom door
Bar across screen door
LED lights inside
A second battery
LED rope light under awning

The fun never ends!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #10

Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions. Where do you get splash guards for the shower. Our larger TT has a shower certain and we never had issues with water getting on the floor. I want to make sure we don't do any water damage to this one. Thanks!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #11

I purchased a 2013 Micro-Lit 23Lb last May (2013). When we camp it's usually only my wife and I and although there's no slide, there's still enough room for the both of us without tripping over each other. The model I bought had the "Murphy Bed" option and it offers a lot more living space during the days and evenings. I've only used my Micro-Lite for three weekends last summer, but there were no big issues. The small stuff...all RVs have them...was a broken screen door latch and one side of the screening worked its way out of the door groove. The factory sent me a new latch and I took the screen door off and will have it to the dealer for re-screening this weekend. The only mods so far is a Maxx Air II cover on the front vent and I made a by-passed for the water filter (we only boondock and don't drink from the faucets). The only disappointment I have is that it didn't come with window blinds, except for the kitchen window (by law because of the stove top burners). Although all windows are tinted so it's really a very small disappointment and the curtains work fine. All and all, I'm very satisfied with my Micro-Lite.
https://www.glenphotos.com
WatkinsGlenCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #12

Re splash guards. I've seen them at Lowes and Home Depot. I can't remember where I bought mine, but here something similar from Amazon:

Spraymaid Bathtub Splash Guards - in White - Amazon.com

I caulked both the inside and outside in addition to using the adhesive backing. The caulk adds to the lateral stability in addition to providing another level of assurance that water stays in the shower.

An additional thought. You might consider a shower curtain with pockets because the trays in the shower stall won't hold anything. I bought one at K-Mart.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #13

00Buck I've already checked the shower curtains with pockets because I noticed the shower didn't have a lot of room. The splash guards seem like a pretty easy fix to keeping water in the shower! Thanks again for all the suggestions!!
VPierce
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #14

Glacier Gus can you explain the fan in the refrigerator? What kind if fan and why did you put one in?
Old 01-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #15

Many believe that a fan inside the fridge circulates the cold air and allows the fridge to work more efficiently. In hot weather you will stop or reduce the condensation on the cooling vents. They are just computer fans and use little energy. I bought the type that has an on/off switch so I can turn it off when I am dry camping. Use the "search" box at the top of the forum page and you will find many posts on this issue. I took out the refridge bulb (which is very hot) and wired it in there. Don't need the light. There are internet sites that sell these and also you can find them on Ebay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	45207  
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #16

Thank you for the great info!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #17

I live in Marietta, GA just north of Atlanta. Right now I am in Okeechobee, Florida on my shake down trip. I bought my 21FBRS in Dec and I am just now trying it out. Prior to this I had a 1986 21' Sunline which was a good trailer. There is so much difference between the older trailers and the new modern tech ones. I read a lot and the LED lights are a super plus for an old man....hard to believe they make so much difference! With my slide out I have lots of space. I am 6'1" and I have zero issues with the shower, lots of room, lots of very hot water and the drain preforms great with no leaks. I love all the light from the sky-light. No oven but I could care less. The trailer is constructed with Aluminum and fiberglass which means no rust!!! Plus this trailer tows great due to the light weight construction. Another plus is when it rains; sounds great...rain on a roof. The electric awning is another plus and then turn on the under awning LED strip lights...WOW!
For the complainers; "There is no perfect trailer." But my 21FBRS is close for me.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #18

Sounds like we made the right choice!! We thought we would really like it too. I hope you enjoy Florida!!
Vpierce
Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkeyBob View Post
I live in Marietta, GA just north of Atlanta. Right now I am in Okeechobee, Florida on my shake down trip. I bought my 21FBRS in Dec and I am just now trying it out. Prior to this I had a 1986 21' Sunline which was a good trailer. There is so much difference between the older trailers and the new modern tech ones. I read a lot and the LED lights are a super plus for an old man....hard to believe they make so much difference! With my slide out I have lots of space. I am 6'1" and I have zero issues with the shower, lots of room, lots of very hot water and the drain preforms great with no leaks. I love all the light from the sky-light. No oven but I could care less. The trailer is constructed with Aluminum and fiberglass which means no rust!!! Plus this trailer tows great due to the light weight construction. Another plus is when it rains; sounds great...rain on a roof. The electric awning is another plus and then turn on the under awning LED strip lights...WOW!
For the complainers; "There is no perfect trailer." But my 21FBRS is close for me.
We bought a 2013 21 FBRS in April. Lived in it 5mo. Moved into it after we got rid of a 40' American Eagle, after 11yrs.
Mission, TX
2013-100..2014-180..2015-175..0
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:05 AM   #20

Wow! Sounds awesome!