Old 05-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #1

Queen bed to king conversion

I have a 2011 831 FKBSS , I would like to convert the 60x74 queen bed to a 74x74 king has anyone done this ? It looks like you just need to remove the nightstands and then change out the plywood under the mattress or would it require some frame work . How do you remove the night stands and have it still look nice

jaw62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I did not know they make a short King.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw62 View Post
I have a 2011 831 FKBSS , I would like to convert the 60x74 queen bed to a 74x74 king has anyone done this ? It looks like you just need to remove the nightstands and then change out the plywood under the mattress or would it require some frame work . How do you remove the night stands and have it still look nice
If an 80" mattress will fit do a 72x80 king. The nights stands are just screwed in, I assume. I had the factory leave side stands out of our new 3006, so I didn't have to pull them.
No King offered in our model but I'm modifying it and the dealer put a 72x80 denver mattress in it for me.
I've got to add some type of movable support on bed deck because of the way the bathroom wall is when the slide is in. I've not gotten to this yet but I'll take some photos during the process.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I did not know they make a short King.
You can get a bed any size you want. Custom made.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:09 PM   #5

King flip-up RV mattress

We have a king mattress that flips up from the bottom (about 1/3 of the mattress) in order for the slide to come in. It came directly from Forest River in our Sandpiper 379 FLOK. I don't know whether it was a special order or not, but the RV was advertised as having a king bed, but had a queen. The dealer ordered a new one and the first one had the flip on the side rather than the bottom, but they eventually got it corrected. So..they are available.
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieT View Post
We have a king mattress that flips up from the bottom (about 1/3 of the mattress) in order for the slide to come in. It came directly from Forest River in our Sandpiper 379 FLOK. I don't know whether it was a special order or not, but the RV was advertised as having a king bed, but had a queen. The dealer ordered a new one and the first one had the flip on the side rather than the bottom, but they eventually got it corrected. So..they are available.
What do you mean "flips up"? Got a picture and what year is your camper and what brand and size is the mattress exactly?
Old 05-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
What do you mean "flips up"? Got a picture and what year is your camper and what brand and size is the mattress exactly?
Similar to this...
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
If an 80" mattress will fit do a 72x80 king. The nights stands are just screwed in, I assume. I had the factory leave side stands out of our new 3006, so I didn't have to pull them.
No King offered in our model but I'm modifying it and the dealer put a 72x80 denver mattress in it for me.
I've got to add some type of movable support on bed deck because of the way the bathroom wall is when the slide is in. I've not gotten to this yet but I'll take some photos during the process.

I donít know if me nightstands are screwed in or not , thatís what I was hoping someone could tell me, I donít have room for a 72x80 as it will hit the dresser when slide is in but am very interested in photos
Old 05-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #9

Quote:

Interesting
Old 05-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:

Several of the other manufacturers put in a 72 x 74
Old 05-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #11

Quote:

Thanks but I donít have the room for 72x80 but could use a 72x74
Old 05-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #12

Quote:

Thank you and yes other manufacturers put a 72 x74 bed in standard
Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #13

The bottom part of the
Mattress folds back toward the headboard so that the slides can come in. We have a 2017 Sandpiper 379FLOK and has a short king bed 80x75. Donít have a
Pic and Trailer is in storage but can send a pic when we go out later this week. Think of a split bed that elevates..this is split in width rather than length.
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #14

Quote:
The bottom part of the

Mattress folds back toward the headboard so that the slides can come in. We have a 2017 Sandpiper 379FLOK and has a short king bed 80x75. Donít have a

Pic and Trailer is in storage but can send a pic when we go out later this week. Think of a split bed that elevates..this is split in width rather than length.

That would be nice of you I would check into it to see if it might work the mattress came from the sandpiper dealer or another manufacturer
Old 05-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Several of the other manufacturers put in a 72 x 74
Who?
My new 2019 Windjammer is sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up with a 60 x 74 queen bed in it but according to Forest Rivers website their brochures and everything else it's a 60 x 80. Despite having talked to Forest River before purchase trying to get a straight answer everyone said it was a 60 by 80 but it gets to the dealer and it's a 60 x 74 because the way they redesigned the bedroom. I can't put a 72 x80 mattress in it because the slide won't close, even though I had the factory leave the night stands out of the slide because the width is good.
I have found a company, toucha mattress that will build a 72 x 80 with a hinge on the last 6 to 9 inch of the mattress so you can fit a 72 by 80 in it. 9" $711 to my door.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Who?

My new 2019 Windjammer is sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up with a 60 x 74 queen bed in it but according to Forest Rivers website their brochures and everything else it's a 60 x 80. Despite having talked to Forest River before purchase trying to get a straight answer everyone said it was a 60 by 80 but it gets to the dealer and it's a 60 x 74 because the way they redesigned the bedroom. I can't put a 72 x80 mattress in it because the slide won't close, even though I had the factory leave the night stands out of the slide because the width is good.

I have found a company, toucha mattress that will build a 72 x 80 with a hinge on the last 6 to 9 inch of the mattress so you can fit a 72 by 80 in it. 9" $711 to my door.

Do you have address info/phone/web site for toucha mattress?
Old 05-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Do you have address info/phone/web site for toucha mattress?
You bet.
https://www.tochta.com/
888-690-1107
help@tochta.com

They will hinge, cut, round, notch, anyway you want.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #18

Quote:

Thank you
Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #19

queen to king

Also wondering how to remove night tables. Could not find any noticeable screws.
Old Forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Forester View Post
Also wondering how to remove night tables. Could not find any noticeable screws.
Yeah, you know when I looked at a windjammer with the side stands I couldn't find any either. Assuming they aren't just glued and not knowing exactly how they're installed I had them left out from the factory when I ordered ours.

Tags
bed