Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

Questions regarding the Super Lite 26VFK

Today, I was looking at the Super V lite 26VFK which I am thinking about to purchase.
The salesman was going over the coach and pulling it out for a bed. Against the wall was cushion and then a gap/opening about a foot wide and as long as the coach was wide and then the rest of the coach/bed. Within this gap there was a then piece of cloth. The salesman did not understand this but is suppose to find out for me. Any ideas?

Where is the water filter located? From the people on this forum, that has been a source for leaking. Should I demand that this filter/can be replaced or I could just replace myself?

I noticed that the trailer has nitrofill tires which I am not familar with. If low on air do I just simply add air as normal on a low air tire.

This trailer dry weight is 6161 with hitch weight 784. Is the Equalizer hitch the better weight distribution hitch and would I get the 1000 lb or 1500 lb bars.

The MSRP for this trailer is $35.668. We have not discussed pricing yet.
What would be normal negociated price 20% to 30% off MSRP. 20% off would be purchase price of $28,534. Is this what most people are paying after 20% off the MSRP.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 AM   #2

We purchased the Rockwood version of this trailer, the 2618VS, in February. We have not had the couch pulled out, so I can't speak to that issue.

The water filter is located in the bedroom, under the wardrobe, in the compartment nearest the rear wall. You'll need a screwdriver to access it. I removed the filter element when I winterized the trailer, and re-installed the filter housing. When I de-winterized, a few weeks ago, I just left the filter alone and did not install the element. I just us one of the blue external filters instead. I'll probably eliminate the inside filter housing eventually, but I think a lot of the leaks come from opening and closing the filter, so I figure mine should be OK for a while.

On the tires, I just add air from my compressor as needed. I suppose you could find a source for nitrogen to add to them, but I believe the air is about 80% nitrogen already, so that's good enough for me in this application.

I use the Equalizer hitch with 1200 lb. bars. This is the first travel trailer I have towed, so have nothing to compare to. I've only had the trailer out a couple of times so far, but it seems to tow fine behind our F150 Supercrew. My experience is limited to state highways, and I have not been out on the interstate highways yet.

I don't recall our exact price, but I believe we paid about $27,500 for our Emerald Edition trailer. That's in Georgia, and before sales tax.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #3

Old Bleu,

I just purchased a Ford F150 supercrew. I am glad to hear that it pulls this trailer good.
I will probably do the same as you, just use one of those blue water filters.
Thanks for the reply.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
Old Timer

The VLite!

I have a 2015 Flagstaff 26 VFKS that I am pulling with a 2007 Ford extended cab F-150. I am setting in Laramie, WY at the KOA RV park at 7000 ft. elevation. I just came from Yuma, AZ at 400 ft. elevation. The climb from Phoenix, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ is 150 miles and a rise of 6000 ft. I have been through snow showers, rain showers and wind gusts. The VLite tows great and the wind, whether side wind or head on is no problem. With the equalizer hitch set properly and the tires inflated properly I have had no problems. I set the speed at 60 mph when on road conditions that are flat and then travel at the speed that the road conditions call for. The F-150 has the complete factory towing package with the factory installed brake control. I climbed Rabbit Ears Pass outside of Steamboat Springs, CO at a steady speed of 30 mph and never came close to overheating. I am at a gross weight of 14,200 lbs and both the F-150 and VLite are carrying a lot of extra weight due to hauling things back to NE from AZ. I will be glad when I can just put in the fishing equipment and go to the lake for a long weekend. The only complaint I have is the bedroom slide has the potential of having a problem. I have had everything from a sleeping bag wrapped up in an old tarp to a diesel pusher and feel good about being back to a F-150 and the VLite.

Fire off any questions you might have.
5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #5

Dennis, it sounds like you are having a great trip back home! I'm really glad to hear that your towing experience has gone well since we have similar setups.

I did want to tell you that I watched as my wife brought the bedroom slide in last week, and it did jump a bit when she first hit the switch. It kind of jogged side to side, like it was centering, and then went on in smoothly.

I think you mentioned geting all the glue and sealer off of yours. Did you use any particular product to do that? When we got back from our first trip last week, I washed ours from the roof on down and then waxed it. As I waxed, I realized just how much glue and sealer there was that I'd like to clean up before I wax it the next time. I've used Goof Off before to remove stuff like this, but wondered if there might be something better to use on the gel coat fiberglass.

I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. I'm sure I'll be peppering you with lots more questions. Today, I've been working on telescoping awning poles to use with the awning brackets that I bought from Old Coot. I got black schedule 40 PVC pipe from Home Depot.com in 1 1/4" and 1" size. They slide together well, and I'm about to go out and drill the holes to make them height adjustable. Will have to post some pictures when I'm done. The black looks good with our trailer colors and the pipes seem plenty strong. I also painted the brackets black, so it should look like a factory job!

Tim
Old 05-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
Old Timer

Getting Close to the end!

Hi Tim, nice hearing from you and it has been a good trip. The F-150 has worked extremely well and the VLite follows right behind. Like I said, I set the cruise at 60 and set back and relax. After all the research it seems like things have turned out like I had wanted. I have found that less weight in the outside storage of the bedroom slide makes the slide work better. I talked to a service manager at a RV dealer and he had some cases where the single slide arm bends the bracket bolted to the underside of the outer slide edge. I am hoping that my unit has been reinforced as the problem actually showed up a few years back. I finally figured out why the bedroom slide has only one arm instead of two and that is because the tanks are located there. There is not room to put two arm systems in. I used Goof Off to get the glue off as it will not harm the fiberglass. You can tell by looking at the area that you removed the glue from at an angle and you should see no difference in the shine. I am anxious to see the system you are working on for the awning. My awning is electric and I made a small modification to help it remain in the out position. The only potential problem is that my awning is almost full length of the trailer and it needs a center support. I wish it was shorter for several reasons. I am finally getting onto setting up the trailer so that it remains level when the slides are out and it is more stable. I let the front jack down past level and then put down the back stabilizer jacks. I raise the front back up and then put down the front stabilizer jacks. I need to have the trailer a little off level towards the side opposite the slides. Following this procedure the trailer is much better to live in. My wife was used to a nice motor home with hydraulic leveling system that was solid as a rock. She is not with me on this last 1/2 of the trip as she is staying with her daughter. By the time we take the next trip I will have everything figured out. Have a good one and keep in touch.
5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote