Old 05-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #11

Not knowing the extent of the damage I trusted a big name RV dealer here in south central NJ to do a repair to the bathroom floor in my Surveyor. Big mistake.
I didn't cut the flooring out but put a piece of 3/4 ply over the bad flooring. This I supported with 1 inch aluminum angle screwed into the cabinets and tub. This raised the floor +/- one inch. The problem I'm having is raising the toilet. I've managed to cross thread the new 'tail' piece.
If I can get another 2-3 years out of it I'll be satisfied. But I will never that RV dealer.
Paul

Old 05-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

This is a 3 year old thread. I am pretty sure that the OP has dealt with the issue by now.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #13

Angry soft floor in 2017 rockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This is a 3 year old thread. I am pretty sure that the OP has dealt with the issue by now.
No, this problem has not been addressed by the manufacturer. We just bot a 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS. Dealer told us the soft spot was due to a very heavy person who was the previous owner. We paid dealer $2,000.00 to repair. Whatever they did was not good and two days after we got it home the floor was still mushy. Have removed part of the floor and the problem is the lower layer of plywood is soft.