Old 08-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

Replacement Awning

We have just recently purchased a 2004
Model Forest River but the awning was damaged in a storm! Some of the hardware needs replaced as well! I check with local dealer and he quoted almost $1100! Is that a good price or can i find replacement elsewhere for less? Any help is much appreciated!!

JF

Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

probably a Dometic/A&E awning.

have you got a quote from Camping World. they had the best price for my slidetopper.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #3

Thanks I will check it out! Much appreciated!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfairchild View Post
We have just recently purchased a 2004
Model Forest River but the awning was damaged in a storm! Some of the hardware needs replaced as well! I check with local dealer and he quoted almost $1100! Is that a good price or can i find replacement elsewhere for less? Any help is much appreciated!!

JF
We just had our awning replaced because it was damaged by a very heavy rain. It is on a 2009 Puma 25RS and a Dometic. The awning is 20 ft. long. Luckily my insurance took care of the damage. Insurance adjuster first wrote a check for $822.65. This was for the roller rod and a bracket. My rv repair found a hole in the fabric plus it was stretched, another $300.00. The quote you got is about right. I think my awning was shipped from Atlanta. Forgot to mention: I went to my local Camping World and inquired about it..they needed a part number for the awning, this was just replacing the roller rod, said about $175-225, then shipping, $95.00, then labor to install, about $200.00.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

That is probably about right on the price. Although, if you are handy, I noticed on Ebay some RV parts suppliers have complete kits for around $743 with shipping. I believe it is for the Dometic Awning. If you do a search on Ebay you can find some good deals on kits even with shipping. Just make sure it is the complete kit with the hardware and material if you choose to go that route. I have a 2006 that had the same issue and I have been shopping around and so far those are the best prices.

Tags
awning